ITT: Men who tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter

>ITT: Men who tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter

Posting the obvious.

A hero denied by his homeland
Regrese a casa, presidente...

He should have known what he was getting into.

Va y chinga tu puta madre cabron

>Conquer an entire empire
>give it to your king on a silver platter
>he sends you to morrocco on some dumbass war
>war is lost
>you get fired
>king fucks empire into the ground
>napoleon burns the shambling remains

Hannibal

The Soviet paranoia was real. The dude was a member of the Qajar dynasty. He was a nationalist, but somehow he was a commie. I don't if that helped them.

t. pinche indigena webon

>Americans torpedoed the chance of a democratic Iran

And they wonder why they are hated, not even a persiaboo desu

Yeah, anti-US sentiment there is unironically justified.

Iran was already a constitutional monarchy, and before the coup, the Shah had only ceremonial power. I think the real assholes here were the British. The Americans were happy for Iran, but the British convinced them that Mossadegh was a commie. Even though they knew they would not have been given back the oil. The British only did it because their ass was sour.

How different things could've been had he not been betrayed.

>Iran was already a constitutional monarchy,
>who is reza shah
>what is wwii and the anglos and soviets toppling reza shah to install a compliant puppet government
>what is anglo and burgers backing his son as absolute dictator when they realized how useful he could be

After Reza Shah left, Iran becomes an actual constitutional monarchy. The young Shah had no real power until the coup. Read the Shah by Abbas Milani. The British and the US did not install any government. You are just a paranoid lefty.

>After Reza Shah left
Stop being disingenuous, he was forced out by the Brits and his young son was installed as a puppet since he would be easier to control. This is a fact you revisionist.

I agree, but the young Shah had no real power. Until the coup. The Parliment and the prime ministers were in charge. Read the Shah by Abbas Milani. From 1945 to 1952 Iran was a proper constitutional monarchy. How do you think Mossadegh managed to pass so many reforms, and nationalize the oil if the young Shah was in charge.

It's not fair, he could have saved us all
Fucking anglos not voting for him

That makes sense, at least there were limits to the Shah's power before operation Ajax.

After that foreign intervention, I don't think anyone can deny the Shah became a full blown dictator.

planet of the apes is a great movie.

Saved us from what?

Bit of a cuck when it came to Germany though

I think if the allies had let Hitler conquer Poland then the Nazis would have invaded USSR next. They probably would have won at that point. He probably would have lead to Nazi world domination. Not saying if that is good.

>They probably would have won at that point
They didn't win with all the captured artillery and tanks of France user, what makes you think it would go any better without them?

The US was not only contributing a significant fraction of Russia's war resources, it was holding up the UK who in turn were making it impossible for the Germans to fully extend control across Europe. It caused Franco to stay neutral and encouraged resistance in Yugoslavia and Greece. Had the Germans taken Gibraltar their dominance of the Mediterranean would be assured, they could extend their influence across Turkey, their old allies whom Germans still today encourage their daughters to marry and have children with, possibly opening up a new front in the Caucasus. They would be able to complete their nuclear weapons program unfettered and the enigma code would not be broken. Also the Germans would not have to move troops from France to the eastern front, which I am told was a huge logistical burden and the reason why Operation Barbarossa didn't begin at the end of the mud season. The effect of D Day, the war in Italy and strategic bombing is heavily debated, though it must have put a drain on their war resources.

Even if Russia could stop the invasion they could not hope to march into Berlin.

>they could extend their influence across Turkey
Turkey wasn't really interested in WW2 for any side, what would a bunch of shitty Armenians they'd had to genocide 20 years earlier gain them exactly?
>They would be able to complete their nuclear weapons program unfettered
The only people fettering German nuclear physics were other Germans calling Heisenberg a pseudo-Jew
>Also the Germans would not have to move troops from France to the eastern front
They had almost a year to do so, it's not even worth commenting on being an impact in why Barbarossa was a colossal fuck up, that's down to shitty German intel thinking they had way less divisions than they actually did which no Western Front isn't going to help

>Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
>Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
>Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.
Literally just killed as many people as he could

If the situation swung so heavily in Germany's favor, Turkey would likely follow a similar path to Romania and other German "allies".

Expulsion of Jewish scientists didn't halt progress, they had begun uranium isotope separation by 1942.

>Barbarossa was a colossal fuck up
So was Stalin's response.

It was not feasible for the USSR to march into Berlin against the unified efforts of continental Europe, a situation prevented by the efforts of the UK and USA. There are just too many extraneous factors and potential pitfalls.

>Expulsion of Jewish scientists didn't halt progress
No, but the "German Physics" movement absolutely did

stilicho and majorian
both tried to restore a crumbling empire that was rotten to the core and were both backstabbed when on the verge of glory.

both of these

I was just about to post that.

Spaghetti boy

I read about him but still don't get why he's here

Could've saved us from the evil powers of money.

You kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually
Be a memory of a time when I tried so hard

Why did it all have to go so wrong

Good riddance.

t. muhammed

Intermarium plz come back

>t. pinche indigena webon
Diaz was Mestizo though

if he had just stayed retired from politics, like he promised, and not rigged the election in 1910 he'd be seen in such a different light today.

everything that happened afterwards was his fault

>nobody in the dem party likes you
>FDR has confidence in you
>every election FDR has to defend you from "haters"
>eventually FDR got tired of it
>at the 1944 Democratic Party vice presidential candidate selection

1st ballot
>Harry S. Truman, 319.5 votes
>Henry A. Wallace 429.5 votes
>a nice win

2nd ballot
>Harry S. Truman 477.5 votes
>Henry A. Wallace 473 votes
>it's still real close

3rd ballot
>Harry S. Truman 1,031 votes
>Henry A. Wallace 105 votes
>wait, what just happened?

Wallace got fucked over.

I can say with confidence that this is the greatest JUST of all time.

is that chiang kai shek?

Yes.

good post