/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

give papa ma your energy つ _ ༽つ edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.robinhood.com/
scmp.com/business/companies/article/2117922/alibaba-doubles-down-car-industry-drive-its-new-retail-strategy?utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=contentexchange&utm_source=thestreet
share.robinhood.com/andrewf593
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When's that fucking Tesla bubble going to pop?
Which puts do I buy if I want to be a millionaire when it does?

the problem though is that boomers are retarded and see musk as the second coming of jesus. might take a while

How many profitable quarters have they had? Still just the one?
Is there any reason to believe the company will ever not be desperately sucking the investors' teat?

I just don't get it.

In case you set it up with a junk email they're opening up registration for the browser version beta

i think you should just use the email from your robinhood account just in case its a closed beta

I don't really understand who this is for. Is it going to have better charts?

This is all they're showing right now

Hey fucktard quit spamming /biz with this Robinhood bullshit

When you click "get early access" and scroll down there is some more info. Also from the web
>beyond swapping stocks, you can research them with its financial news feed, check analyst buy-sell ratings, and compare them with its playlist-style Collections.
>Long-standing competitors like Scottrade might cram a ton of data onto a web page, but that doesn’t necessarily teach you financial literacy. That’s something Robinhood users need as half of them are first-time traders. Co-founder Baiju Bhatt tells me “If the goal is to actually make people learn about investing, get better at it, be informed, I think our approach is the best one out there.”

To use Robinhood on your computer?

I realize this is bait, but, Veeky Forums is literally 90% shitcoins, this thread does the board a service.

This. Don't worry though, this thread won't last

>computer
Ok grandpa

>someone bought 19k shares of gopro at the closing price literally a minute before i cut my losses

How good is investopedia for learning the basics? What other sites do you suggest for a newfag to learn about stocks?

I've been shilling XTNT all goddamn day and no one says a thing about it.
And then they PR after hours. Like whatever people.

>Robinhood is turning into a real broker

Thank God

I hope to God Funko does well tomorrow. It's pretty much my only chance at recovering this week.

I just googled a ton of shit and tried to suss out the info between the memes on Veeky Forums.
I like to think I've got a pretty good grasp on finance now, but I did go all in on AMD with 2x leverage for like four months, so maybe not.

Also when I started coming here last summer, the board was marginally less shit and only about half of it was shitcoins. I don't know if it's actually useful for learning about securities anymore.

All in on DRYS
only lesson in investing you'll ever need.

Yeah, I'd say "don't ever invest in DRYS" is a pretty handy lesson.

>the one stock market thread on the business/finance board is now considered spam
>current state of Veeky Forums

gpro earnings call sounds pretty good so far

The market doesn't seem to think it sounds good :^)

Oh, it was actually on their blog
blog.robinhood.com/

Because the market is retards who thought that they would see EPS of $1 a share even though the "official" estimate was breakeven.

They already released all the info. They did fucking great. The only thing down is the Q4 projections.

market is full of people who are scared, panic selling and mistaking EPS. itll go back up and higher tomorrow. take confidence in it just like the dude who bought 19k shares moments before the massive drop

BABA news!

scmp.com/business/companies/article/2117922/alibaba-doubles-down-car-industry-drive-its-new-retail-strategy?utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=contentexchange&utm_source=thestreet

Literally going into the automotive industry.

literally nothing can stop my nigga jack ma. him and jeff bezos are going to be fighting for control of the world in a few years

>browsing the rest of Veeky Forums
>cointards are all giving each other advice like "take profits when you can" "2-3% gains are better for you than crazy high volatility" "dont hodl"
/stockgen/ is so comfy

Are we sure?

I can't find anything that says you can buy and sell stocks on the web platform. It does say all this web stuff with be integrated to ios and Android.

The Zucc did not disappoint. Ez 5%+ within an hour of open tomorrow.

Now I just need Papa Ma to come through, but I don’t doubt him in the slightest.

if you cant buy stocks on web I will seriously question Robinhood management

The advert has a picture of the website with a "Buy" button

Pic related

Absolutely not, DRYS is like the LINK of stocks

CYCC boys

Buy now, sell Dec 10

Answering why I was buying MYOS in the last thread, I just have a strong positive feeling. Last time I had this feeling I made a grand on LTBR from an overnight hold.

I’m just going to see how it shakes out

the lesson is to not listen to biz

idk senpai

i had MYOS in my watchlist for a few months and it's down more and more each time I check it. Be careful senpai, it's in borderline penny stock territory

I got all 3 of my natural gas positions liquidated. How will i recover from this... guys??

I did it. I fell for the meme and bought a bunch of BABA. I'll buy more if everything looks good tomorrow.
I just hope Ma does not let us down.

natural gas is best stored as a liquid, user.

My body is ready.

absolute madman desu

best of luck. may crispy tendies rain upon you

Is that leveraged?

jesus christ

Nah, I have Gold but I try not to use margin. Ride or die bros

You might as well use the margin if you're paying for it man. Just stick it in a blue chip or ETF or stable dividend stock so you can at least get something

R.I.P

You do realize they diluted right? The day they released the NFL PR they also filed an S-3.

Hop on that XTNT rocket boyzzzz
See ya on the moon

Man you are FUCKED

BABA is tomorrow's primary moon mission

this chink is such an autist.

Just like SHOP and AMD right

>current price: $0.70
>52 week high: $1.21
How are you evaluating this as a rocket?

just you watch

no tendies for you tomorrow

>literally his own kung fu movie

A-any day now right f-fellas?

OH GOD WHAT ARE FUTURES DOING /ES NO!!

I hope I made a good decision. I'm about a grand in.

Ching Chongu pring pongu eat doggu

I shilled BABA before the last ER in August and I remember you making fun of it then. It's up over 30% since :^)

smelly UVXY neets win...said noone ever

Loving this positivity about tomorrow.

He is no match for my style.

Bumping for strats!

Watch GSAT tomorrow, and keep an eye on LTBR. My best guess with LTBR is that it will switch either to trading in a 4% range in the .90s or the 1.10s following earnings.

Anyone going in on ALNA or SPRO tomorrow?

You’re a moron

$LIT

i remember he posted his all time chart before

dude has like a 100%+ return

Bestest most fastest way to Lose my money?

The percentages are fucked, basically I've made 8 grand profit on $9,600. Fair enough, I could totally drop half muh gainz in a day.

All in on DRYS and get immediately stranded in the middle of the Australian Outback, anticipate 10% losses per day you're away from civilization

>click on seeking alpha article in Robinhood
>oh vey goy install our app and register an account with us to read the rest of the article :^)

share.robinhood.com/andrewf593

Let's get free stocks friends

Guy answer me this...
It's generally believed to be very rare for active funds to beat the market. Why are we picking our own stocks then? Is it easier when working with small capital like we are? Why are we not in index funds mostly?

They want 0.05% of your shit. Which adds up over time.

Tha statistic is more complicated than frequently described. Firstly, managed funds do better than index funds during downturns. Secondly, there's the matter of choosing an index fund (there are numerous). Picking an index fund is actually an active decision.

Plus picking your own stock is fun!

Because you'd become complacent, smile upon your gains, and get fucked when the market crashes, because up until that point it's like saying, "my money, keep getting up early every day and keep making me more money." All of a sudden your money shows up missing a kidney and with needle tracks up both arms, and you think, "fucking hell, well, my money's done well up until now, just needs to get back on its feet." Then you become one of those cucks who cries how the downturn "wiped out" half your shit.

If you're going to be a conservative investor, still set mental exit points. Still check in each and every day and don't be afraid to just bail and sit on the sidelines if you take a sudden monster hit to your investments due to the broader market.

If you want to trade, not invest, it's far more satisfying to just take 2% gains every time they're available, know when to call it quits on a position, and just let your shit creep up over time. Even if you only match the broader market, at least you did it on your own merits, not just being a bitch and parking it in one thing and lauding yourself for being lucky.

What is the bitcoin of this thread

DRYS

Funko is going to be a good buy, it's going to be another Roku r-right? I keep getting burned by companies that are doing really well.

That's a meme by (((them))) to keep all the little guys in ETFs.

It's very easy to get a 50%+ return in this bull market as long as you don't make retarded picks like DRYS or holding JNUG long term.

>go invest in index funds
>extremely diverse, low risk, steady but slow gains
>boring and generates zero discussion in thread
>pick our own stocks/tickers
>can either all in one share or distribute it into several since we're playing with pocket change, low to high risk, pink wojak tier losses or big dick chad gains
>shitposting/JUSTing ensues and generates discussion in thread

Active funds cater to those with deep pockets and (((maintenance fees))) are disgusting. Index funds like the early user said falls short when the market heads into the red since all they do is imitate the index as much as possible.

It'll probably be a great buy, that you sell a few hours later

That's what I was thinking.

>Funko
>POP figures

Not an awful big fan of their products at all, and it can trigger the buyfags in /a/ just by mentioning them in their thread.

Personally I wouldn't hold it for too long. Occasionally they might get a bunch of comic/video game collaborations for figures, but who knows when the next big hit is.

Good Morning everyone

What's todays play?

It's an IPO, it's not going to hold its value. It's to flip real quick. I just don't know how to long to hold onto it, since Roku and Redfin kept growing for a few days after their IPO. The plan normally for IPOs is to get rid of it the same day, but who knows when its something normalfags love? I'm not a fan of most of their products either, but I do have one Funko figure of my waifu because it was surprisingly good and most of her official merch is absolute shit.

SHOP

Pandora

People still use Pandora?

>waifu
>surprisingly good

The only pop figure that I think you're alluding to is the OW D.VA figure.

Regardless, trying to flip an IPO day one is pretty risky since it's essentially a hot potato contest. I just have a feeling it might be the normie figfag's AMD, only that there isn't much for the company to offer besides contracts to produce IP merchandise.

You know they got shit other than their POP line, right? They make some bretty good vinyl figures. I don't see how it's risky, just buy low and sell high.

>buy low and sell high
Other way around user

It's the biggest music streaming service in the US

old guy detected

you gotta be really careful though. you could get trapped with bags like with the Switch and Hair IPOs

no. they're gonna be finished and bankrupt in a few years

Most people use youtube/spotify to stream music now.

Pandora was big like 4-5 years ago. It fell off because people didn't want to put up with their skip/unselectable song bullshit