If you had $100k what would you invest in?

If you had $100k what would you invest in?

My dad's an engineer and he basically asked me for investment advice. He has a very very low risk tolerance. I told him to get Medical stocks and Gold/silver.

What would you do? Cryptos are out of the question (at the most $1k)

Mutual Funds or Exchange Traded Funds

just buy BTC if you're risk averse and want crypto
maybe a little bit of Ethereum
really just buy whats on Coinbase

Bitbean so that it would get a nice pump and maybe make some of you smile during these hard times

>I told him to get Medical stocks and Gold/silver.
lmao, terrible advice

this

Bitcoin is still incredibly volatile by normal standards. 5% swings in a day are big

Property

and by medical stocks I meant Canadian medical marijuana stocks, lel

yeah but in the long run unless something completely kills it Bitcoin will probably keep rising
really if it wins over 2x it'll be safe for awhile even if it dips afterwards

Low-fee broad-market ETFs you dope.

Honestly? I'd prob have to charge you for that info

unfortunately everything with very very low risk has next to zero returns thanks to Papa Berkanine and Grandma Yellen. Some options:

>cash
obvious
>certificate of deposit
like a savings account, but you cant access it for N years in return for a better interest rate
>managed / mutual fund
tell the broker you want "low risk"
>US government / blue chip company bonds
look for AAA rated bonds

Go 99% into Bitcoin. For the last 1% buy heart medication for your father.

everything is worthless if it yields < 5% which most banks dont provide

well your options are pretty limited if you insist on "low low risk"

true. But there is no such thing as "low low risk" unless you put it in the bank, which most likely has less interest than inflation, so what's even the point?

Short EOS, it's gonna tank as soon as the pump is over in 2 hours.

All in on LINK

maybe my comment was wrong/need edited but yeah I agree with you, low low risk etc you limit your options a lot

All in Zencash

I fail to see whats wrong with medical stocks and gold silver

>medical (weed) stocks
Emblem Cannabis - partnership with Canntab to create slow release CBD pills which will aid in pain relief for patients with chronic pain, in carefully measured standardized doses. Also growing recreational marijuana and cannabis concentrates to further increase revenue. $100 mil market cap, with a CEO who worked at a former $6 billion company

Inmed Pharma - Penny stock with own Cannabinoid database to be used in the creation of synthetic cannabinoids used in the preclinical experimentation of drugs targeting specific diseases, ie intro ocular glaucoma and pain. Potential $20 billion dollar markets per each approved by the FDA

>gold and silver
Been around since the beginning of time, still has purchasing power, still has value. Silver itself will see increasing industrial demand, as well as a hedge against inflation and deflation. Also good if you think the economy is going to collapse

theres nothing wrong with them, this is simply a crypto board.
low risk is definitely gold and silver
your weed stocks are higher risk and is a amrket thats starting to get saturated though

lets see
cannabis is on uncertain legal ground and is an untested market
gold has lost tons of value over the last 5 years (ie, cash at 0% interest would have been a better investment) and despite what the commercials will tell you, its not a hedge against inflation or the economy as a whole

neither is remotely low risk

- Cobalt-Lithium mining stocks
- Bitcoin
- Bitbay (buy now or regret later, mars mission incoming in a few months)
- Social media

Medical, gold and silver is never wrong. However consider google, nestle and things like that too. And of course buy bitcoin with those $1k he agreed.

I made a shitload with google since 2004.

Bitcoin is an unstoppable force. Bitcoin has been declared dead 181 times since its dawn yet it still mooning like crazy. It is not a bubble because Bitcoin is a finite store of value, not a product or a mortgage.

I don't care if Bitcoin go up, down or fucking circles tomorrow, all I care about is that Bitcoin will surely reach $30,000 in 2020.

Just put it into an s&p 500 index fund.

this

>What would you do? Cryptos are out of the question (at the most $1k)
Hahaha nocoiners deserve their 6% annual gains

DOVU

Everything else is just people hoping you buy their bags

Invest in you'reself :)

I put 60k in btc during the summer and made 120% gains. It would have taken years to make the profit I've made. Was it scary? Hell yes... But eh, bitcoin is not for faggots.

DON'T invest for someone related/friends to you
it's not worth the trouble trust me

Gold and silver can go down for years.

Best answer. Preferably commercial but 100k is too low to get anywhere in that space.

Fuck no. Medical stocks are bags now. Gold not gaining much for long time