8 years apart

>8 years apart

>american """politics"""

The difference isn't that big between parties, it doesn't surprise me Americans slingshot so much.

It's not that hard to believe. Eisenhower was still tremendously popular in '56, the Dems couldn't field anyone better than Stevenson again. And Johnson lost a shit ton of southern conservatives with the Civil Rights Act in '64 and Goldwater alienated the Rockefeller Republicans. Plus LBJ was still riding the post-assassination bump.

And then 8 years after that Nixon wins an even bigger blow out

and then 8 years later they vote for jimmy carter

what did the south mean by this?

Basically the South votes for the candidate that most enables their racism, every time. Adlai Stevenson was that by default by being the Democrat candidate in 1956 and Barry Goldwater was an opponent of the civil rights act in 1964.

name a bigger and more complete BTFOing

Just 8 years earlier.

Also George Washington being elected unanimously twice

*12 years earlier

>Fagachusetts

>defending Nixon.

I mean, in all fairness this true with a couple. Notable exceptions until modern. Day.

>not defending the best 20th century president
Okay Satan

read your posts before you send them you fucking phoneposter

Just admit you're racist. Hiding behind the veil just because the leftists say racism is bad is just giving ammo to the leftists. Once you embrace your racism, you just have to push the ideology that racism is good. Then the leftists can fuck off.

youre on the wrong board boy

>tfw Nixon was the last non brainlet president

You are gay

Give H.W. some credit.

>the southern strategy is rea-

>60% of votes
>96% of electoral votes

>this is the state of american “elections”

Honestly if the nation had less mexicans the 2016 map probably would have looked like these

We need a Republic political system like early Rome.
To be in office you had to prove yourself in battle as a capable leader.
This would fix all of US problems.

>Basically the South votes for the candidate that most enables their racism, every time

>We need a Republic political system like early Rome.
>To be in office you had to prove yourself in battle as a capable leader.
>This would fix all of US problems.

Brainlet who can't into advanced political theory detected

Hell, I'm a left-wing and I would've voted for Nixon. He was better than most of the neoliberal democrat shitheads we've had since Clinton.

>Nixon did anything wrong

I bet you think Watergate was wrong too

>difference isn’t that big between american parties

>>We need a Republic political system like early Rome.
No no no no no no no and no
The reason the Roman Republic fell was because of its shitty form of government

>hates neoliberalism
>would've voted for Nixon over pinko lefty and Noted Idiot McGovern

>goldwater
>racist jewish republican
>south likes racist part
>rest of america dislikes jewish part

but /pol/ told me the south stopped being racist when they started voting republican

He's talking about cursus honorum

In order to be eligible to election in a higher political office, you have to demonstrate competence in a lower office first.

Also all politicians need to start their careers in the military. That part we can probably omit from the modern day requirements.

>That part we can probably omit from the modern day requirements.
No let's keep that. Combat veterans only.

Roman politicians only served as temporary officers, the professional soldiers didn't qualify to run for office.

American Electoral system is first past the post, and minor differences can mean a big swing.

ie.
State goes GOP 52 to 48 on year, then Democrat 52 to 48 the next. In the electoral college this means a huge change, even though it was only a few points different.

I would be in support of requiring civil service for public office. Everyone who wants to run for office being required to work as a social worker, low level administration, become a firefighter, EMT, police officer or enlist in the military. Sounds like a good way to select for genuine drive

>duhhh Muh demogady
>l exisd so l shood vode

>Just admit you're racist. Hiding behind the veil just because the leftists say racism is bad is just giving ammo to the leftists. Once you embrace your racism, you just have to push the ideology that racism is good. Then the leftists can fuck off.

I agree, in some form you need skin in the game.

>meanwhile in slightly more democratic countries

Oh nice great idea let’s just keep doing the most popular foreign policy item on our itenerary and start police actions and foreign wars just so one of our Colonels can have a nice resume back home.

You're the Jew here, pretending that it's ok to lie to fellow citizens and yourself

Do people unironically think he's a bad president if they've actually read a book?

>You're the Jew here, pretending that it's ok to lie to fellow citizens and yourself

Posting this image alone just killed 7 bald eagles.

They are almost non-existent when compared to European parties.