Real Estate Investing

Does anyone here invest in real estate or is this just the crypto circlejerk board now? I'm thinking of maybe buying a duplex or quadplex and living in one unit and renting the other(s). Just looking for advice and experience on renting. Currently rent an apartment with a friend, have about 45k is savings and make ~38k a year.

Bumping for interest. I want to eventually move some crypto gains into some real estate.

>investing in real estate on loaned money

I am also thinking of investing in real estate once BTC crashes on November 15. Anyone who's experienced feel free to give advice

Why is that lol

I know one guy who have mortgage on at least three different properties which he rents

When rental bubble pops he will be very surprised and fucked in the ass daily

I have 1 rental property.

>use a property management company

Thats the best advice I can give you or could give myself when I started.

Yea fuck three mortgages.

Why is that so important with only 1-4 units to rent?

I second that.
Pain in the ass actually. Subtract maintenance and taxes, you can at best net around 5% shekels. Plus the increasing price of property. But first and foremost, dont rent to subhuman species, then you are barely making it. Its not bad, but dont expect easy hustle and becoming Trump.

So do they take care of stuff like maintenance, lawn care, rent, etc?

Bump

Rental company is a must

I have my own apartment which is much more expensive/central than I need, but I choose it specifically for the gains. Have made ~120k of passive income in 4 years. Looking to sell eventually for something much cheaper in the suburbs and pocket the profit.

Bought a basement locale for 150k 2 years ago. Current sale price ~185, which isn't too good. But I make 300$/month of passive income from subletting. Will increase if I start paying off the mortgage

By getting a mortgage you can essentially 10x leverage your entire net worth on something that's 100x more secure than crypto and 10x more secure than stock market. Prices can drop 40% and I will still be up AND still make profit from rent.

Do you agree with everyone saying get a manager?

Dunno bro.
Im eurofag. But if there was someone who could take care of rent, Id give a chunk of profit gladly. As for the lawn and maintenance, that sounds like sth they could bill you on exceedingly.
You can take care of maintenance for cheaper and with better quality, and tenants better take care of the lawn or GTFO.

Yes and they go about it the legal way. They also do background checks and consult with you on potential good renters

My rental company gives me older people who intend to stay for 20 to 30 years.

Ez

I have never considered it myself. Then again, i only own one property aside from my own. Of course at some point several properties will be so much work that you'd rather cut some profit to pay someone to do it for you.
Also what this guy says: rental companies will usually get you much more stable renters with less hassle, and may even get a higher rent since people renting also know that they can rent for like 5 years and not have some shady landlord. So it might not even cost you that much in the long run.

Property managers are a scam. They suck and don't care about making you money. They are in it for themselves.

I have 3 mortgages now. I just sold one place and had 4 at once.

I guess the biggest thing to think about is the legal aspects of everything, having someone else deal with that sounds like a good idea.

They literally call you and ask you what to do when something happens. They are all pussy keks.

Also on this note they hire a bunch of min wage women to do the office jobs and showings etc. Women feel sympathy for tenants and think landlords have endless money.

>my one time experience makes me a complete expert on all things related even though i literally don't even know if OP lives on the same continent as me.

Been renting out houses for 7 years bro.

And how many managing companies in how many countries have you used?

After the 2nd one pulled all the same shit as first I took over everything myself.
ex. unit A. Took 2 months to get a tenant in and they dropped listing price $150/month to get someone in. Shit tenants get evicted.

I take over. Get new tenants in 5 days of listing for $100/month more than managers could. Perfect tenants. It's all about screening.

>kys property manager faggot.

>2nd one
>both in the same area
In other words I was 100% right in this post

as someone who formally rented from a property management company and who will be buying real estate to rent out I second the fact that property management companies are a complete waste of money provided you don't decide to go retarded and rent to shity tenants do your own background checks and you probably shouldn't rent to most about 85% of black people and definitely no single moms with kids if they're black the rental agency I rented from missed three appointments when I was leaving my house to rent out my house there by fucking the owner out of a potential months worth of rent and that's just the amount that I knew of they also missed four appointments for me as I was looking at houses that were under their management I ended up saying fuck you to those people and want my own place and will be renting it out in a year

ever heard of punctuation you fucking retard?

I've actually been considering basically buying a small town with funds from an ICO and tokenizing the real estate holdings.

Would Veeky Forums be interested in buying into it if I figured out all the legalese bullshit for backing a token with real estate holdings? Would be sweet if i could just shill it here and start collecting rent :P

Just invest in a REIT like O or VTR. After expenses of managing a rental and the upkeep you are going to be making about the same as if you had just put a similar amount into a REIT. There is also way less work and headache involved.

Protip: Paint the interiors all the same color (white works best) so it will be easy to repaint when the renters inevitably fuck shit up.