What do we know about the bronze age germanic peoples?

What do we know about the bronze age germanic peoples?

Were they affected by the collapse or were they too far away (and their supply of tin from the british isles too safe) for it to have an effect?

I've read that they were a mix of I1 proto-europeans and R1 (a+b) indo-europeans. Is that true?

Also why did they depict their warriors with raging erections?

Did they fight naked?

They had a scat fetish

t. Scholar

>What do we know about the bronze age germanic peoples?
they only occupied scandinavia at that point
>Were they affected by the collapse
those in northern germany were placed under pressure
>mix of I1 proto-europeans and R1
mostly l1 since they had not migrated into Germany yet

>those in northern germany were placed under pressure
How, exactly? I imagine they were pretty far away from what was happening in the eastern mediterranean.
>mostly l1 since they had not migrated into Germany yet
Explain. Are you saying the indo-europeans didn't settle in scandinavia, and their y-dna came to scandinavia later?

"had"

t.german

Is this proof that the germanic urheimat is in scandinavia?

jej

Even then the Eternal Germanic thirsted for Gaulic blood.

>Bronze Age
>Germanic people

>Were they affected by the collapse

What was there to collapse?

A few sparse villages of 20 people each?

What should I write instead then? Ancestors of the germanic peoples?

So in other words, they lived in semi-anarchy already with their tribal societies, so myceneans and hittites collapsing into anarchy didn't affect them at all?

Of course it didn't affect them they didn't even know of the Hittites or Myceneans

The only whites who were affected by the BA collapse were the terramare who abandoned literally all their towns and villages in the Po valley and migrated South spreading destruction

>Of course it didn't affect them they didn't even know of the Hittites or Myceneans
Some historians claim they had regular contact, and merchants sailed south to trade amber for bronze.

Also aren't the anatolian hittites or the greek myceneans white?

>Some historians claim they had regular contact

Who?

>and merchants sailed south to trade amber for bronze.

There's no evidence for Nordic bronze age presence anywhere south of Germany, let alone in the Aegean, amber was traded from the North yes, but not directly, copper also traveled from Southern Europe to Scandinavia but no one thinks it was traded there directly from the places it came from

>Also aren't the anatolian hittites or the greek myceneans white?

No, especially not Hittites

>Who?
Karin Bojs and Peter Sjölund. I'm currently reading their book, The Swedes and their Fathers.
>No, especially not Hittites
What did they look like in that case? They did speak an indo-european language after all

>What did they look like in that case? They did speak an indo-european language after all

We have paintings of both of them and they depicted thmselves with dark hair and mosly dark skin

>
Karin Bojs and Peter Sjölund. I'm currently reading their book, The Swedes and their Fathers.

And what arguments do they present to support a Scandinavian presence among the Aegean people?

Without pottery from those places they can't make that assumption, if Nordic bronze age pottery was found in the Eastern Mediterranean it might be a proof, especially if the pottery was made locally

>And what arguments do they present to support a Scandinavian presence among the Aegean people?
A presence might be a stretch, but they write the following when talking about the bronze age (p.62)
>We have concrete evidence that the trade routes went as far (as the eastern mediterranean). For one, amber from the baltic sea has been found in eastern greece, and copper from cyprus, italy, greece and turkey has been found in scandinavia. And Homeros' epic shows that long travels and warring was associated with high status.

They also mention that nordic rock carvings show imagery that's also present in mycenean greece.

Sometimes I get the impression that they don't seem to know completely what they're talking about though. They barely mention the presence of the I1 haplogroup in scandinavia, for example.

The Nordic bronze rock paintings depict some shapes that could be interpreted as oxhide ingots, a type of copper ingot that was particularly widespread in the bronze age Mediterranean, considering Scandinavian bronze weapons were made of copper from Iberia, Sardinia, Tyrol and Cyprus maybe some of the copper arrived there in the form of oxhide ingots, but it's not a prove that they arrived there directly from Southern Europe

Huh. Interesting. Thanks for the reply!

Actually, one more question.

When and from where did the I1, R1a and R1b haplogroups arrive in scandinavia? I've seen some conflicting theories. I1 was stone age hunter-gatherers, correct?

I don't know exactly, probably during the end of the Neolithic or in the calcholithic, 5000-4500 years ago at least