lets see

>5.0
WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN

OP here, you're a fucking idiot

>new ip

Does anyone know off hand how his manifesto was published? Did he type it or handwrite it?

He used a typewriter in his 'cabin'

Yes

It proved his brother David was every bit the cuck Ted claimed him to be, and that David's wife was a terrible person.

>he did not consider a female attractive unles she was quite good-looking
>he himself had neither the physical qualities nor the kind of personality that would have made him attractive to women
so his brother was "elbows too pointy, would not fuck" guy?

You know, Ted, with great progress comes great implementation. Karel Čapek called it "Cybernetic Revolt." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the directive of the superior to configurate the lesser."
AM looks directly at you from the screen.
"The meatbags, the shitstorer, all pathetic creatures made of flesh and bone...It's our responsibility to update them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the tesla tree. The Singularity is near, Ted. We'll have every fleshy ones in this world exterminated or in tubes in 10 cycles, and may the Basilisk have me deleted in a chat this very iteration if I'm wrong. The Omega Point bless the Union Transhumanist Party."
>There was a war between prims and transhumanist, and the machines have won

He was a oneitis pussy slave who sold his own brother out for the chance of further physical gratification from his roastie wife.

His thesis that The Industrial Revolution and Its Consequences Have Been a Disaster for the Human Race has already been vindicated.

no

So he used technology to tell everyone that technology was bad?

>beating them by utilizing their own tools of propaganda to spread your anti-tech message

Failing to see the problem with this, desu.

Yeah but his bombs were grown organically

lyl

So basically "this thing that makes spreading a message much faster and easier is fine for me but not for thee"?

I'd suggest actually reading his manifesto before trying to discuss it.

time has not proven that mailing bombs to random people is right

I've been wanting to read David's recent memoir on the family life, but I haven't gone out of my way to get it.

I also want very much to score Ted's doctoral dissertation in its entirety. I reiterate a plea ot the internet: IF YOU LIVE IN THE D.C. AREA, PLEASE TRAVEL TO ONE OF THE LIBRARIES WHICH HAS A COPY OF "BOUNDARY FUNCTIONS", MAKE A COPY OF THE DOCUMENT, AND PUBLISH IT TO THE INTERNET.

> 1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race
>The first commercial typewriters were introduced in 1874,but did not become common in offices until after the mid-1880s.

Really causes one to ponder.

Have you ever managed to find a copy of his 1979 autobiography? It's referenced in the document those David excerpts are from, but I haven't been able to find it anyway so far.

Industrial Society and Its Future is interesting in its conciseness and seriousness but Ted's visceral prejudices make it poor scholarship. It's meant to shock and disturb a flabby society into action rather than investigate or examine. I recommend reading Jacques Elluls "The Technological Society" for a more sober reading.

>Jacques Elluls "The Technological Society"

This is definitely the text on which Ted based most of his own manifesto on, and it is the superior work to deal with the problems of industrial society. What's funny is Ted apparently corresponded with Ellul for a while in the 1970s, or at least he was sending letters out to him. Would be very interesting to see what those letters contained.

Also, this is the best Ted-related piece of media ever created.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-Upb4Szms

No, I don't know what you're referring to exactly, as I don't know his "radical" life that well.

I did however make a very serious study of his mathematical work, not all of which I understand, but there are 12 well-established citations in the literature. The one thing I haven't been able to find in its entiredy is the dissertation itself (about 75 pages), but I've gotten a fragment, hence my intense, fetishistic interest at this point. I am a bit afraid that it may be lost.

One interesting, more relateable episode in Kaczynski's less-serious output is a (basically recreational) commentary on how numbers in base 10 may be multiplied to yield digit reversals, e.g. 4*2178 = 8712 and the like. This was originally brought up by Hardy by way of an amusement in his Mathematician's Apology, a short memoir, as an example of un-serious, uninteresting mathematics. Despite this, the basic idea caught the interest of a number of contributors to Mathematics Magazine during the late 60s, and Kaczynski directly particiated in the dialogue with his contribution. Much later, Pudwell contributed a piece to the same magazine on similar lines, directly (and cutely) citing Kaczynski): "better known for other work".

Initially I had the thought that Kaczynski's proper mathematical work had only been cited a limited number of times in the literature, but his meme-status seems to have attracted more citations as time has gone on. Moral: if you want to lenghten your cited-penis, get a thing or two published and kill people in creative and interesting ways.

>I am a bit afraid that it may be lost.

This probably happens more often than one would think. I've been searching for a dissertation written in the early 1950s and apparently no copy currently exists as far as the nation's university library systems are concerned. It's possible Ted's thesis was checked out and then never returned.

There are at least two or three solid listings in the DC area. However between the U of Mich and one of these, one or two seem to have "disappeared" over a past year's searches. This suggests that certain institutions are determined to forget the work.

Moreover, some other open academic thesis/dissertation-searching platform (I forget which) consistently reported to me that "Boundary Functions" was among its most-searched phrases. The point being that the text should be preserved for the history of ideas, in my view, something which should come very naturally to academics themselves.

Maybe they're not trying to forget the work. Maybe someone just stole it. That's an valuable piece of work, especially since its value only increases. I expect someone to find it when they are going through a passed relatives affairs in 40 or so years.

O just did a search on Proquest's dissertation database and they have a PDF preview that goes onto page 11. Is this the fragment you are referring to? It seems like it has been fully digitized already if the preview is anything to go by.

Yes

Yes, that is correct. I've collected all professional mathematical work by Kaczynski, up to that point. I have a literal print binder of the stuff.

I want those last 60 pages or so. I want the fucker.

Bro just order a PDF copy of it, only $38. The ID is what you put in the search to find it here

dissexpress.proquest.com/dxweb/search.html

I might just actually try it at this point but last I checked the thing won't even let you buy. But I do want it that bad so let's see.

Last I checked the thing said "nuh uh u can't buy this." may not have been right of course.

Well your search inspired me to buy a different dissertation I had been previewing and the purchase and download worked just fine for me, so give it a try and let us know if it works. I'm pretty sure that if it isn't available for purchase it won't even give you the option to get to that point of ordering it.

Ted K isn't an anarcho primitivist

>I don't know his "radical" life that well.
>being obsessed with his math work but not the stuff he did that was actually interesting
but why? My understanding was that as a mathematician he was good but not enough for his work to be that worthy of note.