Quebec

I know nothing about Canada and Quebec. But from the little i know it seems like Quebecians are doing better then rest of canadians. Why do Quebecians have it such better then rest of Canada? And why Quebec is so conservative to rest of Canada?

bu,mp

>Quebecians are doing better then rest of canadians
In what way? They're better at some things and worse at other things compared to the national average. Economically speaking, they have lower productivity but lower unemployment.
>And why Quebec is so conservative to rest of Canada?
Quebec is more progressive than the rest of Canada but once again there are exceptions and it depends on where you draw the line. Economically speaking, they are more interventionist (there are state monopolies and a relatively solid social security net).

Quebec is more economically diverse than a lot of the country (but less-so than Ontario), but it's also more statist and higher-tax than average (but less so than e.g. the east coast).

Politically it's not conservative by Canadian standards on the whole, although there's less universal buy-in on the unqualified-good of multiculturalism.

Really, Quebec and the rest of Canada are pretty similar apart from language, as you'd expect given they've all been part of the same country for centuries.

Quebec is economically and religiouselt very progressive (left-wing economy and fear of religion in the state) but it's also very nationalistic. Quebec people love "Québécois de souche" which mean people that lived in quebec for generations. The Quebecer nationalisme is based on the language and old traditions that have its root in religion (even if most people aren't religious, the culture is all alour religion) which is pretty conservative compared to the canadian nationalism which is much more inclusive

>East Coast: low productivity, low growth, big government, very low immigration (long-term out-migration to the rest of Canada), left-wing economically but conservative socially
>Quebec: medium productivity, diverse economy, medium growth, large government sector, medium immigration, left-wing around Montreal but quite conservative around Quebec City
>Ontario: high productivity, very diverse economy, medium growth, small government, very high immigration, left-wing socially but conservative economically
>Manitoba: low productivity, low growth, big government, medium immigration, socially conservative but economically left-leaning
>Saskatchewan: resource economy (so wild swings), high growth, socially conservative, economically less so, medium government, medium immigration
>Alberta: resource economy transitioning to diverse economy, high growth, economically and socially conservative (by Canadian standards), high immigration, small government
>BC: resource economy in the interior, diversified around Vancouver, medium government, medium productivity, socially and economically left-wing on the coast, much more conservative in the interior

>Muh french
>Muh ethnicity
>Were so special
They want independence even though their country would collapse in a few years after said occurence

>Quebecians are doing better then rest of canadians
*Québecers
Also this is ture.
It's because we aren't *nglos

*We're
Also wrong.

Quebecois you mean.

Indeed i meant that for those *nglos who can't speak the better language.

I'm American an admit French is the sexist language. I would love to bed a qt French girl and hear her moan my name and other sweet things in French. We would both hate the English rats together either way.

>it seems like Quebecians are doing better then rest of canadians

They live in the most corrupt province in the country. Every province is fucked in some degree, some are fucked in more blatant ways like Ontario and the Maritimes. Also Quebec nationalism is similar to Scotish nationalism, as it is driven largely but those on the political left.

this is not a mutt board

>We would both hate the English rats together either way.
Kill yourself, you kraut fucker. This is an English country.

Anglo-Franco hatred has been carefully matured for nearly a thousand years, you in comparison are a twelve year old asking a twenty year old to marry him.

>Quebec
>Conservative

Yeah, and the Protestant preachers marching down my rural town street in Ontario aren't protestant.

Quebec, conservative? In what world do you live in?

They're more culturally protectionist and wary of immigration, but they're way to the left of Canadian politics.

>they're way to the left of Canadian politics
Nobody is to the left of Canuckistan politics.

This is your brain on /pol/

>I know nothing about Canada or Quebec

It shows

This wasn't always the case. It's just that only the far-left remain believers.

t. *nglo

Peoplekind would be much better off if they stopped going on /pol/ (cheering and applause)

>Peoplekind

This is only going on in anglo-canada.