History of the HRE

So this game got me interested in the history of the Holy Roman Empire

The only things I know about it is that it was neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire, and that the French destroyed it in the Napoleonic Wars

Where can I learn more about it (especially about the 15th century)?

De Profundis

I would recomend you Veeky Forums, but that would result in >>>.

If you have questions about Bohemia during this time, feel free to ask here.

The more interesting period is early 1600s where a few years of war, religious conflict, and hyper retarded fiscal and monetary policy sets it back 200 years in a decade.

Although the whole "reeeeeeeeee die utraquist heretics!!!!!" followed by "actually utraquism is now the accepted practice of holy mother church" is pretty hilarious.

Why wasn’t Bohemia independent? And why does it seem to flip flop between being a Kingdom and a duchy so often?

Just go to wikipedia or encyclopedia britannica then if you stumble across somethign that interests you go look for books on that topic, it's that easy user.

>encyclopedia britannica

It's good for summaries, calm the fuck down retard

Hussites BTFO'd 4 Hunnic crusades alone while being in civil war with race traitors.

XD AHAHAHHAH Sums up ''Muh krautnigger master race!!!''

Turns out those animals can't do shit without some Prussian (Balto-Slavic) leader cadre.

Germans are all brawn and no brains.

They were also shit without Gallo-Roman leaders e.g. Aurelian guiding Clovis, Aredius guiding Gondobald, Count Paulus guiding Childeric , Aegidius ruling over the Franks. .

>If you have questions about Bohemia during this time, feel free to ask here.
What role did Black population of Bohemia play during Husite Wars?

Every single black person in Bohemia at the time united the world under their flag.

t. Ahmed Ottovordemgentschenfeldestein

Huns are just dumb version of Jews that backstabbs their host nation when it benefits them

>And why does it seem to flip flop between being a Kingdom and a duchy so often?
Revelant Catholic states in Europe got crowned by Pope/Holy Roman Emperor/archbishop with the blessing of the Pope, which wasn't really hereditary, whereas shitholes kept their "king" titles from the paganic times instead of "downgrading" to duchy.

>500
>FUCKING
>WAR WAGONS

the fuck is a war wagon?

But I thought Bohemia was a rather advanced nation, better than Poland and Hungary and Croatia, Why would it get downgraded to a duchy?

Read Voltaire
I learned everything I need to know about the HRE in his books

Why did you think I was Ahmed?

I am Slav man, and I simply point out that Krauts were NOT master race.

And you are right about Kraut leadership cadre backstabbing Russian armies in WW1.

neat-o

I think it's your bedtime mate

Bohemia became a kingdom in 1198 and stayed that way until 1918. It didn't bounce between a dukedom and a kingdom.

If you're interested in a more broad history of the Empire, read The Holy Roman Empire by Peter Wilson. I haven't read it myself, but i see it recommended a lot. It's awful long though. If you just want smaller easy to read tidbits, the codex in kingdom come is apparently unironically not that bad, so give it a look i guess.

oh shit I got it wrong, sorry bro

Did they invent the part where Sigismund is a merciless tyrant who uses Cuman mercenaries to invade Bohemia?

Why did the Czechs rename their country to the Czech Republic rather than stick with Bohemia?

because its like calling UK Scotland

I don't understand. Isn't Bohemia and Czech people one and the same? Bohemia was not mainly populated by Germans or Poles.

I'm far from an expert on modern czech nationalism, but Bohemia eventually came to be an amalgam of different territories with Germans in Lusatia, Poles in Silesia. That along with the fact it was ruled by German kings for hundreds of years, I'd guess Czech nationalists wanted to distance themselves from the name Bohemia/Bohemians even though Bohemian and Czech were originally synonymous.

Since Czech republic is made up of Bohemia, Moravia and Czech Silesia. While Bohemia and Prague are the essential heart of the nation, calling them solely that would be quite an arrogant move towards the whole of the country. Think ignoring Siberian part of Russia or China beyond the core region.

Ah I see, I think this answers my question best.

Bohemia is historical part of the country together with Moravia and Silesia, same thing as England, Scotland, Wales etc. in UK.
Reason why is it called Bohemia in medieval (and Čechy instead of Česko in Czech) is that Moravia was semi-autonomous margraviate

I think you should stfu krautnigger.

I'm not a kraut you autist.
You should be in bed by now though

I think the best comparison would be if modern spain was still called castille

I've read it. It's extremely detailed, but can be very dry. Good maps and tables throughout though.

>doing that training mission to be sir radicks squire
>that asshole Hans shows up and starts bullying me
>challanges me to a fight
>pretty close, when all of a sudden, he gets glitched into being stuck holding his sword up
>he cant move from this even though the indicator shows that he is
>beat the shit out of him
>after the cutscene, he walks away in real time with his hands still stuck like that
>see him walking around town every now and then with his hands up
>later mission, get into a fist fight with him
>his hands are stuck in the air still
when the FUCK are they going to fix all these bugs?

Hans is best mate material cuckboy, learn to handle the banter.

>getting bullied by an NPC

Anyone else get turned on when that girl was getting gang-banged?

Is this game good?

I don't want anime posters to play my country's game leave and stay leave

>Why wasn’t Bohemia independent?
In early medieval it was because Boleslav the Cruel had to endure one German horde after another and decided if you can't beat them, join them. In high and late medieval it de facto was. Emperor (assuming he didn't happened to be king of Bohemia as well) had a little to no authority over the land.

>And why does it seem to flip flop between being a Kingdom and a duchy so often?
It happened once, because Vrastislav II. was crowned a king, but not hereditary king. After the Golden Bull of Sicily (1212), Przemysl Otakar was crowned a hereditary king and Bohemia was a kingdom up until 1918.

After WW1 did any Czechs want to keep their monarchy?

It would imply that either they would have to restore the House of Przemysl or keep Habsburgs on the throne. First option was meme-tier and second one was a fringe opinion.