What's the consensus on Ike?

What's the consensus on Ike?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=eisenhower welfare
youtube.com/watch?v=F8y-qy9N01I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>create the military-industrial complex
>"hey guys watch out for the military-industrial complex!"

Also, the federal highway system was one of the worst American decisions of the 20th century. Heavily encouraged the total dominance of car-based travel and ensured that cities would be designed around the automobile rather than around pedestrians and public transit.

I like him

This is the unpopular but correct answer.

Shut up dumb Euroboo

fpbp

I bet you like strip malls and McMansions.

I like him.

the movement of people freely in every direction helped to make america a powerhouse of industry and mobility

Commie marxist, but the IHS was warranted and of strategic importance.

Ever try to bicycle straight across nevada?

>what are trains

>Eisenhower
>commie
The absolute state of right wingers in 2018

Last Non treasonous Republican. Nearly Every Republican since has either committed treason or pardoned the previous Republican's Goons.

>Nixon (sabotaging Vietnam peace talks, and Watergate),
>Ford who Pardoned Nixon and co.
>Reagan (Iran Contra and sabotaging hostage talks with Iran until after election)
>George H W Bush pardoned cronies caught in Iran Contra
>George Bush lies to Congress and American people about chemical weapons to throw it into two bloody wars. But not treasonous
>Trump colludes with Russia.

So 1/6 since Ike haven't been treasonous. All have been corrupt goons.

>sabotaging hostage talks with Iran
no evidence

>George Bush lies to Congress and American people about chemical weapons to throw it into two bloody wars. But not treasonous
don't forget his administration committing literal war crimes in Guantanamo

>Trump colludes with Russia.
hoax

Only modern Republican to not go full retard during a recession. Also Operation Wetback was cool.

Staying away from the Trump/Russia shit, but the Reagan campaign sabotaging Iranian peace talks was all but admitted by figures within the administration.

Things that don't let you get to places in nevada

It's called tongue in cheek.
It's funny because he was a leftist that embodied the politics of karl marx (kinda like a commie), but opposed commies (who also embodied the politics of karl marx).

>sabotaging
"hey faggots, I'm the president in 8 days. Keep it up and I'll play ball in 9 days"

> asks Russia to hack Clinton and refuses to impose Sanctions on them.
>ha it's all a hoax guys. Ignore Mueller indictments flying faster then nearly any other investigation and it still has a while to go.

Let's assume your assertions are valid. Can you answer these questions:
Why is a russian hacking to expose corruption a bad thing?
Why does the russian state deserve sanctions?
What does america gain from donig so?
Why is it that the Mueller has been investigating for months but has come up with zero evidence of collusion?
How did the Russians rig the election when ballots in every district were physically counted and tallied by people?
Why did the FBI and justice department actively oppose justice and investigation?

That it is a mistake to think a great warrior will make a great President.

At least I don't have to take a train everywhere.

Says on the day when 13 Republicans and 1 American are indicted for conspiracy against the USA, wire fraud, identity theft and it in investigation terms is really fast. Most last years.

>he was a leftist
Lmao

Highways bad? How can you expect public transport to serve such a huge country with different climates.

lmgtfy.com/?q=eisenhower welfare

Imagine being this stupid lel

And I could post operation wetback u fag

>highway defender
>666

From what I can tell is that there are 3 idiots that lied, 2 idiots that didn't follow tax laws, and a handful of idiots that won't be found guilty of anything because there is no meaningful evidence or wrong doing.
You know that quote about a ham sandwich? It applies here.

>he doesn't know how high level investigations work

This is only the beginning friend.

I like him

Pros

>ends the Korean War, not a single American dies in combat after this for the rest of his term
>Interstate Highway System
>1957 Civil Rights Act
>cucked the British and French empires out of existence at Suez

Cons

>directly responsible for Nixon becoming president
>started clusterfucks in Guatemala, Iran, and the Congo that went on literally forever
>Bay of Pigs was conceived and prepared under his administration, all Kennedy did give it the final greenlight
>directly caused the Vietnam War by putting Diem in charge of South Vietnam and giving him the go-ahead to ignore the reunification elections mandated by the Geneva Accords (to be fair, he had no way of knowing that the next administration would decide to defend South Vietnam to the death, he saw it as an opportunistic ploy to maybe keep part of Indochina capitalist)

Highways wouldn't have been nearly as bad if 1) they bypassed downtown areas like they were originally supposed to and 2) intercity/suburban passenger rail had been considered a public utility and subsidized earlier

>anti Nixon
Stopped reading there

President, when I was born.

Then maybe it needs more railways.

The welfare state was invented by conservative Prussian aristocrats to undermine leftists.

Is that a NATO tie?

neat.

Trains are not a solution against highways, particularly in the US. The country is so diverse in terms of terrain that the sheer cost is not worth it. It took the Central Pacific Railroad Company YEARS just to get from the West Coast across the Sierra Nevadas into Utah. It's just not a feasible solution to lay rail when you can build a road for a fraction of the cost with far less upkeep necessary.

>welfare state
>conservative
>leftists
youtube.com/watch?v=F8y-qy9N01I

>when you can build a road for a fraction of the cost

I could be wrong, but I'd bet money that rails are cheaper than asphalt.

Not in terms of the amount of things transported per dollar.

It's the end, faggot. If the initial charges don't involve a conspiracy of any sort, and they haven't as the prosecutors themselves admit, then it's a dead end.

>tfw you don't need flags to tell where a poster is from

lol

We like Ike

Even if he was an interventionist

You would be hideously incorrect.

Steel wheel on steel rail is much, much more efficient than rubber tire on asphalt.

And yet many factors more of things are transported on roads than by train.

Sorry, I see the confusion. I meant on a dollar basis for the infrastructure, not the transit.

Efficient and convenient are two different things.

We built highways because they were versatile and simple to use, not because they were cheaper.

>We built highways because they were versatile and simple to use, not because they were cheaper.
That's correct. However because of the shear volume of stuff transported over rail, the amount of things transported per dollar of infrastructure far exceeds rail.

>volume of stuff transported over rail
*over road

different guy here
>Why is a russian hacking to expose corruption a bad thing?
well, was Snowden exposing dirty shit a bad thing?
>Why does the russian state deserve sanctions?
because they're suppressing free speech
>What does america gain from donig so?
a feeling of superiority, which if you haven't checked lately, is what we run on even more than money and oil
>Why is it that the Mueller has been investigating for months but has come up with zero evidence of collusion?
I don't know
>How did the Russians rig the election when ballots in every district were physically counted and tallied by people?
very few people (especially among those with influence) are accusing them of actually falsifying votes, they're accusing them of manipulating social media and possibly traditional media and spreading propaganda
>Why did the FBI and justice department actively oppose justice and investigation?
since when have they done that?

I like Ike

>well, was Snowden exposing dirty shit a bad thing?
Sorta. His exposure of the commie faggots' corruption, illegal spying, mechanisms used, etc was good and the right thing. His release of everything else was bad because there was no reason to do so.
Basically he is at fault for dumping everything he could get without care for what was present.

>because they're suppressing free speech
Can you be more clear?

>they're accusing them of manipulating social media and possibly traditional media and spreading propaganda
Do they not realize that if someone is swayed by a facebook ad, they probably weren't going to vote anyway?
Or do they not know that billions were spent by clinton and the DNC doing literally just that?

>since when have they done that?
Emailgate

Trains are comfy as fuck, get some taste

Bait