Who Were The Huns

The huns, we don't know jack shit about them, and it annoys me to no end.

The royals = Xiongnu. The cannonfodders = local european tribes.

you're retarded

Mongolians ancestrally, started migrating west in late 4th century after Chinese defeated them, starting the great migration.

Shamanistic religion, elongated skulls are an interesting find, buried in mounds with a shitload of jewlery and weapons, good horsemanship, recurve bows, viewed as animals by contemporary historians, only exception being ability to talk.

Nomads of course, but with rich material culture in jewlery, lots of gold and silver with amethysts, etc.

my first guess was Mongols as well, but they had a Finno-Ugric language, not a Turkic-Altaic language.

>Mongolians
wrong

The Germans are a West Germanic subfamily.

ha

Is there any record of the language?
I know they lived on northern border of China, but genetically could be Mongolians.

Mongolian ancestry, to be exact.

>Is there any record of the language?
...Hungarian?

>Mongolian ancestry
you cannot substantiate this
>Huns lived on northern border of China
this isn't the case, they most likely came from out of somewhere in Central Asia

>all the 18th century retardation ITT
sad

Bunch of asians that resided within the southern urals, they hit the genetic jackpot like the mongols and were popularized because of it.

Listen to the episode on the Huns in the podcast The Fall of Rome, there's actual XXIth century thinking there.

what did huns look like and why are germans referred to as 'huns'?

>look up youtube video on the Huns
>comments are nothing but Turks

>"When you meet the enemy, he will be defeated! No quarter will be given! No prisoners will be taken! Those who fall into your hands are forfeit to you! Just as a thousand years ago, the Huns under their King Etzel made a name for themselves that make them appear awe-inspiring in tradition and myth, so shall you establish the name of Germans in China for a 1000 years, so that a Chinese will never again dare to look askance at a German."
We have this cheeky proclamation from Willy II to thank for that nickname

>short of stature, with a broad chest and a large head; his eyes were small, his beard thin and sprinkled with gray; and he had a flat nose and a swarthy complexion
Basically a short thicc mongolian man.

>extremely destructive
>not white
>barbarian
>subhuman
>invaded gaul
>were beaten by the gauls

I see a pattern here

why did euros keep getting btfo by the mongoloids

Eurasia is where master race is born. Mongoloids are what master race are.

>were beaten by the gauls
Yknow the most mindblowing thing I found out when I was researching the Late Roman period was that there were still culturally Celtic Gauls living in Armorica in the 5th century

the horse is cheat
and they are like 1000 behind in horses

mongolia is in east asia though

>they are like 1000 behind in horses

I'm not sure how accurate your graph is, horses have been used in battle since 2000 BC.

horses isn't cavalry
like gun isn't infantry

sure, but you specifically said "behind in horses".
are you aware of where the domesticated horse spread from?

btw your graph shows eastern Europe having cavalry before China so I'm not really sure where you're getting that.

I mean they are behind in horse technology, not that they don't use horses at all.

>behind in horse technology
o-ok then

How the fuck...?

Oy Vey!

doesn't seem accurate

anyways, I think it's obvious the Huns were almost certainly Eurasian.

>behind in horse

Top fucking kek, you are a brainlet

>has nothing to do with pone
>autist gets triggered and makes it about pone
>>bronies are cancerous, look at everyone complaining about them