So what herbs are smoked other than Tobacco and cannabis?

Is it odd that only these two are used? Has that always been the case? What's the history behind smoke-able herbs? And who did what?

Other urls found in this thread:

smokableherbs.com
cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What about good old opium?

Salvia

smokableherbs.com
>Literally the first result on Google

How the fuck would you smoke that?

Sage

Some yogis in India smoke datura mixed with cannabis.

Don't people smoke opium?

yep, Chinese used to smoke it so much a whole war was fought with the British about it.

I just didn't know if smoking was the ingestion method.

Artemisia ludoviciana is extremely dope.

You gently slice the surface of the opium pod while it's alive on the plant and collect the resinous sap that oozes out.

When it's dry like that, you can crush it up and steep it in hot water to make a sort of opium tea, but it's foul tasting and isn't nearly as potent.

Another question, what were the plants used in beer brewing before hops?

Khat is popular with pajeets and mena's I believe.

Can anyone explain why Psychedelics are illegal? Like a legitimate logical argument for them being illegal? I wanna do DMT, LSD and Magic Mushrooms at some point so I can experience ego death and other such things first hand too, so if anyone has any advice on that or experience lmk.

Everyone hates hippies.

very common

Drugs are bad mmkay

>I wanna do DMT, LSD and Magic Mushrooms

I would try them, but I don't want some permanent life changing experience.

oregano of course. don't forget nutmeg and tumeric

cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

Bad at math, this is supposed to be a reply to

Khat is good but you don't smoke it, you chew it and absorb it through your gums.

Wormwood and Mugwort.

there are better ways to use those than burning, but I like the smell of mugwort

Anything really. Berries, herbs, etc.

In Germany a popular one was gruit, a mixture of herbs, with every brewer using their own unique mixes to tweak the flavor. Juniper berries and ginger were also pretty popular. Belgians like to use oranges

Underrated comment.

This. Most drugs were legal by default before the hippies, they've been such assholes about getting their high that they got everything banned. Fuck hippies.

I've heard some stories about monks replacing gruit with hops on purpose because it would decrease the lust of their population, due to its estrogenic effects.

Did ancient or medieval peoples smoke anything?

Jokes on them alcohol is a hellova aphrodisiac.

Guess you've never heard of the phenomenon known as "whiskey dick".

Doubt.jpg

Hops became popular due to how effective and cheap they were. An important thing to know about gruit is that is was fairly expensive and the prices were kept artificially high across Europe. Hops allowed a greater variety for cheaper in comparison.

Injuns smoked red willow bark, read that in a 1840 diary

You don't drink much, do you?

Look up kinnickinnick, it's spelled many different ways

DMT isn't about meeting God you fucking white collar suburbanite. I've done it and it's nothing nearly as overblown and silly as people make it out to be.

You are hit with a profound calmness
And then you start to see tessellations of light around everything
if you close your eyes like I did you can see shapes composed of twisting strands of color, growing so big you cant see them anymore and collapsing into themselves
i saw a smiling guy with a big beard of shifting fire and purple eyes, and floated up his body to look him in the eye cuz he was like fifty feet tall

It lasted all of ten minutes and I took a long walk afterwards with my dude who also did it, and we were pretty silent, still processing all of the things we were thinking and feeling.

LSD is my favorite but it's really annoying when people just wanna sit around and talk about hippie shit like love and the universe, and why money isn't real MAN so economics doesn't need to be a thing. It's really fun if you put on a really intense, well made movie like The Thing or Samsara.

Shrooms are more of the same, but focused on your emotional journeys

Thanks! I'm looking for all sorts of info on medicinal herbs for this thing I am writing.

Herodotos wrote about Scythians burning hemp on a fire and inhaling the fumes to get drunk/high.

Actually in the right amount alcohol ups your testosterone.

It's why girls get noticeably more fighty/sexually aggressive after a few drinks.

Was it Marijuana?

psychedelics are literally the YMMV of drugs

they're the same plant, give or take. nowadays hemp is the plant bred to minimize any parts that get humans high.

Neat. Know any other examples?

To what degree?

I don't.

clove cigarettes

>clove cigarettes

What does smoking clove do for you?

Native Americans didnt smoke tobacco alone. They mixed it with sage and other herbs.

the wild tobacco they cultivated was actually much stronger than tobacco is today.

consider looking into the North American pipe-making tradition, which natives are you referring to?

You probably wont have one. Honestly highly overrated.