Does anyone remember that guy who came onto Veeky Forums saying he scammed a bunch of money with a fake ICO?

Does anyone remember that guy who came onto Veeky Forums saying he scammed a bunch of money with a fake ICO?

In the thread, someone posted that they were onto him and left a pretty cryptic message, signing it with "-J"

Then today, I see this article: coindesk.com/us-government-arrests-charges-alleged-ico-fraudster/

In the document posted in the article, the FBI agent who is investigating is named Jon. Coincidence? Dun dun dun

Kek, it isn't the first time someone has got themselves v& posting on a chan

>In the thread, someone posted that they were onto him and left a pretty cryptic message, signing it with "-J"
URL or it didn't happen

lol I sure hope it's true.

I was there and I can confirm.

Someone bragged about scamming people via ICO. I hope he is in jail right now. Motherfuckers.

J don't fuck around.

Now we just need to catch Sergey

I was there lol glad he got what he deserved fucking scammer

Ser J

Sergey Nakamota, bitcoin creator, will never be revealed

If I had it, I would post it. Hopefully someone has the archive link or a screenshot

Yes, he can't keep getting away with it!

If youre talking about a thread where 250 ppl were told they would receive 10 eths from an ico ceo scammer, that was me, and i was just larping for the lulz.

No, it was a thread where someone was boasting about making a million or 3 million or some dollars from his initial investment of 1700 to make a fake ICO. I can't remember the exact details, but something along those lines.

I read that thread and this news is so shocking, makes you realise the power of Veeky Forums
That guy was posting images of his balance, his fingers and challenging to find who he was
Kudos to usa and the investigation team. This makes me feel better that someone didnt get away after eating people's hard earned money also such arrests would deter people from following the same path

>half this website is feds making profiles from every post
I was in that thread, I know they browse but hot damn

Was it this guy?

lmao I reported him and that thread to all kinds of departments

THATS IT

real estate and diamond icos, which were these?

he was the hero crypto deserved

haha no bueno guys, sorry

if i remember correctly, that maksim guy was already under investigation (ie. funds frozen etc.) BEFORE the thread was made. this is semi-old news but good news that there's progress

USDT next

>fed is anti OHNI

figures they'd be anti white

also

>/pol/ was unironically right, straight from the mouth of babes

they're all CIA niggers
can't wait for them to get abolished

How many people have reported Bitconnect?

yea I remember that thread

I hope it was really and I hope he got fucked

hitler did nothing wrong though

jesus christ talk about owned, lmao

lmao what kind of retard did that and get rekt

good job FBI

Holy shit I was on that thread this further confirms that all Veeky Forums is monitored 24/7 for real.

>I'll kill Trump tomorrow night

WHEN WILL YOU GUYS GET OVER BITCONNECT AND TETHER USDT

cant make this stuff up

you're unironically going to end up with feds at the door

Have fun sir.

kek yell TWO SCOOPS when you do

I very much remember this too - at the time it seemed like everyone was bull shitting in the thread but there very well might have been some truth to it

>two scoops
>two shots
>two FBI agents

Watch your mouth.
-J

J Here
You guys have good memories...although the individual featured in the article is not the OP from the brag thread. Obviously I can’t go into much detail, suffice it to say that the powers that be are actively looking into a number of ICOs that may or may not have violated various anti-fraud/AML laws. I believe i mentioned in the last thread that investigatory actions are not only conducted by the FBI, the SEC, CFTC, FinCEN, DHS, IRS-CID, and others all liason through the USAO to investigate financial crimes both domestically and, to an extent, internationally (remember BTC-e?) General sentiment on this and other, similar boards, is decidedly anti-government regulation as it relates to the cryptocurrency market. I understand the reasoning, Uncle Sam has been known to fuck up a good thing when he gets involved. Believe it or not, some of us simply want to be able to protect potential investors from being victims of fraud. Be careful where you put your hard earned money guys, there are many people with the sole intention of taking it from you. That’s all for now. Be seeing you guys, we’re always watching (according to /pol anyway) :)
-J

Can confirm too. Didn't save it tho

j for JUST

good. one less shit head to deal with

lol I remember that thread.

Hi J
Can you tell us what the PBC coin will be? I am sure you know. jk

J can u pls give me a job lurking Veeky Forums and looking for bad boys? i could really use it. thx :)

-T

fuck drumpf and fuck white people
-Jillary

are you gonna kill Sergey?

-Linklet

Please rename that pic to nothing personnel kid. This pic is Navy seal pasta material

But then it means they don't give a shit about all those loli threads and no rules stuff.

Hmm, leaking the contents of the PBC newsletter may not be a crime (honestly I’m not sure) It is almost certainly something that could land you in civil court, should the owner decide to pursue the matter. Food for thought.

They are supposedly going after the leakers.

The owner has plenty of money to go after anyone who leaks his newsletter. This will end badly for stupid people.

Good point. Makes you wonder.

Certain posts are routinely flagged for further review. They may then be cataloged for comparison with any prior or future posts made by the indivual, to evaluate any patterns that may emerge. Single posts aren’t particularly helpful, especially considering the outlandish and sarcastic nature of the content here.
All for now guys, goodnight. Be seeing you :)
-J

Keep up the good work.

legit. i said i was gonna kill obama and three weeks later i had federal police at my door. im not even american, im on the other side of the world.

Oh you mean when that basement dweller was larping as an ico scammer and then an unrelated real ico fraudster was arrested