What's the worst torture case study in history...

What's the worst torture case study in history? Has anybody been kept alive in daily physical torture for decades or lifetimes?

Post any you know of and we'll try to find the unluckiest friendo to have ever existed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_sawing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consort_Qi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno, but this guy has got it pretty bad

There's this pretty nasty Persian torture/execution called scaphism
The victim was force fed milk and honey with it also given to him by enema tube.
This would cause hum severe diahorrea. The victim was then placed between two hollowed out logs and dumped in a swamp.
The force feeding would keep him alive for nearly 50 days while insects burrowed into the wood and into his flesh drawn by the smell of the food and the excrement.
They would dig into his ear and it was said the victim couldn't here his own last thoughts over the scratching of insects near his brain

OP's dad for having to live with the fact he produced such a faggot kid.

The ones I can think of (with the time element included) are scaphism and keelhauling. There must have been at least a few instances of tortures designed to last much longer than a handful of days.

I came here to post this, I can't imagine a worse way to go.

>[The king] decreed that Mithridates should be put to death in boats; which execution is after the following manner: Taking two boats framed exactly to fit and answer each other, they lay down in one of them the malefactor that suffers, upon his back; then, covering it with the other, and so setting them together that the head, hands, and feet of him are left outside, and the rest of his body lies shut up within, they offer him food, and if he refuse to eat it, they force him to do it by pricking his eyes; then, after he has eaten, they drench him with a mixture of milk and honey, pouring it not only into his mouth, but all over his face. They then keep his face continually turned towards the sun; and it becomes completely covered up and hidden by the multitude of flies that settle on it. And as within the boats he does what those that eat and drink must needs do, creeping things and vermin spring out of the corruption and rottenness of the excrement, and these entering into the bowels of him, his body is consumed. When the man is manifestly dead, the uppermost boat being taken off, they find his flesh devoured, and swarms of such noisome creatures preying upon and, as it were, growing to his inwards. In this way Mithridates, after suffering for seventeen days, at last expired.
>Plutarch

>Ouchi is considered the first fatality of his kind in Japan, perhaps the only person to ever receive such a huge amount of radiation in such a short amount of time. The amount of radioactive energy that he was exposed to is thought to be equivalent to that at the hypocenter of Hiroshima atomic bombing. The immensity of radiation completely destroyed his body, including his DNA and immune system. According to the book A Slow Death: 83 Days of Radiation Sickness, “[N]one of Ouchi’s chromosomes could be identified or arranged in order.”

>What was cruel was that, he was resuscitated on the 59th day when his heart stopped three times within a period of 49 minutes, despite wishing not to be let to suffer.

>As his condition worsened, he was transferred to University of Tokyo Hospital and, reportedly, underwent the world’s first transfusion of peripheral stem cells. He was also given many blood transfusions, fluids, and medicine that wasn’t even available in Japan yet. He also had to undergo several skin transplants which couldn’t help the loss of fluids through pores. After being treated for a week, Ouchi managed to say, “I can’t take it any more… I am not a guinea pig”. However, the doctors kept treating him and taking measures to keep him alive, which only ensured a very slow and very painful death.

>After 83 days of struggle, Ouchi died of multiple organ failure on December 21, 1999.

Thanks, Hippocratic Oath.

Fake news

Not killing this man with a gunshot to the head asap is pure subhuman torture.

>Ouchi

The picture is not of Ouchi.

I dunno, looks pretty Ouchi to me

*record scratch*
Yup, that's me.

>the incel

tfw when you really need a shit but it will attract swamp bugs to burrow into your head

What's fucked is that you don't even die until they reach your upper chest.

Pretty much any case of prolonged torture by electricity such as a man being locked naked in a tight metal box with breathing and feeding holes. The box has electrodes attached and is shocked repeatedly so as to keeo him awake and for suffering.
But anyway a pretty brutal historical torture/execution was being hanged, drawn and then quartered which was primarily used in medieval England. The victim would be hanged (not break neck) until almost death, yet still in writhing consciousness. Following this the victim would have their abdomen sliced open and their entrails removed. These would be set alight to in view of the victim who would still be conscious. The victim was then slowly carved up and decapitated with his head being placed on a spike and displayed for the public.
Arguably this is merciful in it's relative brevity to something like crucifixion. Whereby the victim would be suspended for days where the public could freely abuse the victim.
Or perhaps the strappado employed by the spanish inquisition where the victim's hands and feet are bound behind him by a rope and he is hoisted up so as to dislocate his shoulders and hip joints. The victim is suspended until death by the elements

It's his brother Owie.

The human swine.

>Pretty much any case of prolonged torture by electricity such as a man being locked naked in a tight metal box with breathing and feeding holes. The box has electrodes attached and is shocked repeatedly so as to keeo him awake and for suffering.
You got any such cases or are you just speculating?

Speculating

The ancient Chinese execution method known as "death by a thousand cuts," in which the victim was gradually flayed and dismembered while still living by having their flesh removed in extremely thin slices.

While sometimes the executioner killed the victim immediately and simply mutilated the body for show, in other cases it could last as long as three days.

Being sawed in two is a mythological martyrdom that supposedly happened to a Christian saint. It was not a medieval torture or punishment.

The etruscan torture method is pretty brutal.
You chain the victim to a rotting corpse of a family member, face to face and limb to limb until the living person perishes by the decay of the corpse. Only when the the victim was blackened by putrefaction, the Etruscan torturers freed the two corpses, from the chains.

Euthanasia is not legal in japan. The doctors were obligated to do what they could to save him, they tried everything they could, stem cells, bone marrow transplant, skin and blood transplants but nothing could save him. Plus for most of the time he was in a medical coma so he didnt suffer.

>Ouchi

I shouldn't have laughed

What the fuck. Glad the Etruscans were wiped out.

Hey this one's from as recent as 1972.
>Rape, gang rape, rape using eels, snakes, or hard objects, and rape followed by murder; electric shock ('the Bell Telephone Hour') rendered by attaching wires to the genitals or other sensitive parts of the body, like the tongue; the 'water treatment'; the 'airplane' in which the prisoner's arms were tied behind the back, and the rope looped over a hook on the ceiling, suspending the prisoner in midair, after which he or she was beaten; beatings with rubber hoses and whips; the use of police dogs to maul prisoners (quoted in Blakely)
>The use of the insertion of the 6-inch dowel into the canal of one of my detainee's ears, and the tapping through the brain until dead. The starvation to death (in a cage), of a Vietnamese woman who was suspected of being part of the local political education cadre in one of the local villages...The use of electronic gear such as sealed telephones attached to...both the women's vaginas and men's testicles [to] shock them into submission.
dog bles

Creepy subhumans

He got that from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

>rape using eels
Wait, what?

You've never tried?

So you just forcefeed the guy and whatever to keep him going?

>the slum of Vietnam

It was a U.S. program, actually.

top kek

wtf i love rome now

>tfw Rome did nothing wrong

Do you even Hentai?

I thought they were considered more civilised

Consider the following

Can not remember the exact time and place, but in the ancient world there was a method of execution that involved placing a person in a sealed container filled with feces.

The best part being the person did not die of starvation due to having his body lacerated so that septicemia would do the trick.

On a side note death by starvation is not supposed to be that bad (haven't tried it myself). After day three you stop feeling hungry and the brain does fun things.

this story always gets me. his DNA was literally fucking obliterated. his cells stopped reproducing. that is probably one of the most fucked up ways someone could conceivably go.

Swedes in the 30 years war infamously fed Germans sewage until their stomach bulged and then stepped on them if they didn't give their food and valuables

>spent most of your life admiring Gustavus Adolphus for his generalship and sense of style
>read this post
>immediately hate him
pic related is me

It was to defend democracy against communism. Too bad it didn't work.

Xerxes or Darius?

Plus, Herodotus was basically ancient Fox News.

This is so fucked up

the nature of the 30 years war was pretty much that armies needed to pillage to survive, when there are hundreds of thousands of troops romping around the HRE without proper supply lines it's just going to happen

came here to post this
>Use of the Schwedentrunk is recorded in the histories of towns throughout Southern Germany. Though specific circumstances differed, in every case a restrained and gagged victim was forced to swallow (by means of a funnel) a large amount of unappetizing, sometimes boiling liquid. Substances such as urine, excrement, liquid manure, and sullage were used for this purpose.
>Apart from disgust, illness, and the possibility of bacterial infection, the Schwedentrunk inflicted intense gastric pain. Because liquids are incompressible, the victim's stomach and bowels must expand to painful proportions to accommodate the copious quantities of fluid. The torturers then squeezed the distended belly with wooden boards or trampled the victim underfoot.

Artaxerxes II

Etrusca delenda est

Also who said anything about Herodotus

Probably.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this too. The severity probably depends on how slowly they build the fire, if it's too quick I imagine you'd pass out fairly quickly.

It wasnt actually the soldiers doing it, it was the camp followers. Soldiers had regular pay while camp followers didnt so they lived off looting and tortured civilians to find valuables that peasants of course hid before approaching armies.

> regular pay
> but no food

"Oh well I guess I'll just starve while the camp followers get to do all the looting."

Tried to kill myself by starvation. Can confirm you lose the hunger impulse in the short term (three days). Don't know after that.

Why did you try to kill yourself, and why by starvation ?

Jackpot for the necrophiliac.

It's legitimately horrifying. His fucking chromosomes just disintegrated. This man was utterly destroyed on a microscopic level and forced to endure it for three months because for some reason we as a society still aren't ok with the concept of euthanasia.

Because his comfort

>we as a society still aren't ok with the concept of euthanasia.
It was just a human test.

>comfort

He didn't felt it though, he was on a clinical coma.

my ancestors :)

mortacci tua

>Ouchi

Rekt on an atomic and on a cosmic scale.

This is the first time I made the connection

Sterilize yourself

That wouldn't be rational.

>Bite my own tongue off and choke on it
>They're just cooking my corpse
Heh, nuthin' personnel

Maybe not the worst but use of pharmacological/psychedelic torture is terrifying.

Intense physical pain is miserable but to be broken to the core of your psyche, your own mind ends up torturing itself.

The best reported case of this was on an innocent person too.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson

fucking kek

Pretty sure they kept him alive for observing and studying radiation purposes. Not due to law

>Thanks, Hippocratic Oath.
I don't know about Japan, but in America you can get a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) so you don't have to deal with doctors trying to bring you back to misery.

>blood dripping from his smug smile

Where did they get the family member? Did they just wait till one died? Did some grave digging until they fund a ripe one? Just killed another still living one?

Here in Chile communist women were raped by inserting rats into ther vayvay. Obviously, the U.S was involved.

This is description of what happened to a guy who shot Dutch king and got caught

>At his trial, Gérard was sentenced to be brutally – even by the standards of that time – killed. The magistrates decreed that the right hand of Gérard should be burned off with a red-hot iron, that his flesh should be torn from his bones with pincers in six different places, that he should be quartered and disemboweled alive, his heart torn from his bosom and flung in his face, and that, finally, his head should be taken off.[1]

>Gérard's torture was also very brutal. On the first night of his imprisonment Gérard was hung on a pole and lashed with a whip. After that his wounds were smeared with honey and a goat was brought to lick the honey off his skin with his rough tongue. The goat however refused to touch the body of the sentenced. After this and other tortures he was left to pass the night with his hands and feet bound together, like a ball, so sleep would be difficult. During the following three days, he was repeatedly mocked and hung on a pole with his hands tied behind his back. Then a weight of 300 metric pounds (150 kg) was attached to each of his big toes for half an hour. After this half hour Gérard was fitted with shoes made of well-oiled, uncured dog skin; the shoes were two fingers shorter than his feet. In this state he was put before a fire. When the shoes warmed up, they contracted, crushing the feet inside them to stumps. When the shoes were removed, his half-broiled skin was torn off. After his feet were damaged, his armpits were branded. After that he was dressed in a shirt soaked in alcohol. Then burning bacon fat was poured over him and sharp nails were stuck between the flesh and the nails of his hands and feet. Gérard is said to have remained calm during his torture. On 14 July 1584, Gérard was executed.

Political prisoners at Gitmo. 15 years and counting without even having been charged, much less tried.

dat free healthcare though

>Men and women captives[2] as well as teenage boys,[3] would usually face death by ritual torture. The torture had strong sacrificial overtones, usually to the sun.

>The torture was conducted publicly in the captors' village, and the entire population (including children) watched and participated.[6]

>Common torture techniques included burning the captive, which was done one hot coal at a time, rather than on firewood pyres; cutting with knives, beatings with switches or sticks, and jabs from sharp sticks. Prisoners' fingernails were ripped out. Their fingers were broken, then twisted and yanked by children.

>Captives were made to eat pieces of their own flesh, and were scalped alive. To make the torture last longer, the Native Americans would revive captives with rest periods during which time they were given food and water. Tortures typically began on the lower limbs, then gradually spread to the arms, then the torso. The Native Americans spoke of "caressing" the prisoners gently at first, which meant that the initial tortures were designed to cause pain, but only minimal bodily harm. By these means, the execution of a captive, especially an adult male, could take several days and nights.[7]

I think the disorganised group executions on a few are worse than the organised ones, they seem to just be mob violence and an attempt to impress your neighbours with how much pain you can inflict which results in more an more cruel acts against a person in an attempt to out do your neighbours. Like the Dutch one that was just posted, it seems so disorganised, like the men involved just did whatever someone suggested.

Free will was a mistake

That's far from the worst case of the CIA's LSD mind-breaking. And....
>.m.

If you've never experienced the abject fear and doom surging through each of your synapses, to even a small degree, then you will not understand the sudden and absolute horror of ungluing of the mind.

spooky shit

They could technically be hanged on the spot as ununiformed combatants under the Geneva Convention.

Having to live out the rest of the pathetic life God has cursed me with.

imagine how quick things went from meh to horrifying

>"my punishment is to drink some milk and eat some honey? lol nice """punishment""" faggots lmao"

not really historic but well documented

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

thats horrible

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_sawing
It has a long and global history.

I really hope some vigilantes or hired Yakuza kill them.

>no one's posted what happened to concubine Qi yet

It's not really torture but fucking disturbing either way

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consort_Qi

>Nevertheless, Empress Dowager had an assassin force venom down King of Zhao's throat....She then had Concubine Qi's limbs chopped off, blinded her by gouging out her eyes, cut off her tongue and locked her in the pigsty, and called her a "Human Swine" (人彘). Several days after, Emperor Xiaohui saw the "Human Swine", and after realising that it who the "Human Swine" was, the emperor was so sick of his mother's cruelty that he virtually relinquished his authority and indulged in carnal pleasures.

>the emperor was so sick of his mother's cruelty that he virtually relinquished his authority and indulged in carnal pleasures.
Is that a roundabout way of saying he fucked a fetish stump gimp?

Lol

>Raped her over 400 times (in 40 days)
>Beat her several times with golf clubs, bamboo sticks and iron rods
>Dropped barbells onto her stomach several times
>Forced her to eat live cockroaches and drink her own urine
>Inserted foreign objects, such as iron bars, scissors and skewers into her vagina and anus, rendering her unable to defecate and urinate properly
>Burnt her vagina and clitoris with cigarettes and lighters
>Tore off her left nipple with pliers
We shouldn't have stopped with Nagasaki.

What

i don't know if it counts as torture or not, but the Sioux did some fucked up things to the bodies of Custer's battalion after they were wiped out at the Little Bighorn. i can't pull direct quotes, and it's been years since i've read about it, but once resistance on Last Stand Hill was wiped out, the Indians went through the battlefield meticulously to mutilate the bodies of the dead cavalrymen. almost every one had punctured eardrums -- it's believed some of these wounds were done while they were still living. many had their penises cut off and shoved in their mouths or anuses. others were holding their castrated testicles. naturally, nearly all of them were scalped, save Custer himself (due to a combination of respect for him as well as reverence for his shiny long curly blond hair)

several had bayonets (from their own rifles), swords, or arrows shoved up their anuses or down their urethras. others had their arms and legs cut off. but the most universal wounds were punctured eardrums (a way for the Native Americans to "curse" the dead, as they would not be able to hear their dead ancestors calling them from the afterlife, cursing them to stay in purgatory forever) and scalped heads.