>begins the trend towards mob rule

Thanks, Jackson.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVBjQotB1Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also

>tanks the economy by sperging out about banks

To be fair he did break the banks

Most Presidents have more than one major fuck up. I give him a pass based on the fact the caucuses were no longer representing anything but a single thousand individuals need for government protection of their thieving version of capitalism.
Sure, the representative caucus needed reformed at the very least, and total Democracy is cracking, but it took this long and you're probably inputting today's problems rather than informing yourself of 1840's problems. I might have supported Jackson at the time.

To be fair. His wife was bullied to death by the guys supporting banks and it just fueled his already distrust of them into full blown hate.

He's not the one who increased suffrage. It was the inevitable result of pleb electorates.

Nah that's bullshit. An unelected elite focused on maintaining power while ignoring real problems of the masses is way more dangerous to democracy. That's how republics end and dictatorships begin. A little populism every now and then is good.

Every century a populist becomes president during the first 30 years. It's almost like clockwork

>19th century: Jackson
>20th century: Roosevelt
>21st century: Trump

What causes this?

I don't know if those are really comparable. Jackson won because institutional stagnation led to a government system that was unresponsive to the wants and needs of a growing American nation. Roosevelt won basically because of the great depression, basically. Trump is the least populist of these (I dunno how populist someone can be if they don't even win the popular vote), but he won partially for similar reasons as Jackson.

>trump
>populist

Not his fault for saying that, because Trumps own followers say that because they believe it.

Trump voters believe whatever Trump tells them. They are unironic sheep and frankly I find it impressive as hell Trump manages to directly control the minds of so many people to effectively.

>Most Presidents have more than one major fuck up.
James K. Polk

youtube.com/watch?v=cVBjQotB1Ms

this! fuck drumpf!

So what if I shut down the country's central banking aparatus and then moved all of the money away from commercial centers into banks out west and at the same time I made it so land could only be purchased in money that most people didn't have? Wait what do you mean I've ruined the economy and entered us into a nearly decade long depression!?

>280 years later

YEAH WE GOTTA SHUT DOWN THE FED JUST LIKE ANDREW JACKSON KILLED THE NATIONAL BANK!

Yes, Russia is helping Drumpf controlling the evil working class wh*te Drumpfkins with mind control.

>That's how republics end and dictatorships begin
Literally the opposite. The distribution of power in the anglosphere always came from parliament

>They are unironic sheep

>The meaning of the word 'most'

That is entirely made up. The bank's specific purpose was to control the economy more directly in Washington in a way that was never again attempted until the Jewslave founded the Reserve in 1915. The Treasury and State department would have founded Ron Paul's welfare/warfare state 80 years earlier and you have the nerve to post something that insinuates Jackson did anything but curb centralization? You're a misinformed faggot and don't deserve that name attached to your horrendous post.

Centralization and a major oversight in two-party politics. Basically everyone is a left-center libertarian and both parties are bent on protecting corporate welfare for different sectors and neither is anti-war or pro-personal liberty, so a """populist""" won versus an empty pantsuit.

lol. I was a late-coming supporter, and I have a detatched support of the antics and the first major disagreement in actual policy (i.e. what has taken place rather than what CNN reports) has been the budget bill, and there was basically no political route for one that I would fully support.
tldr: no u.

I sure hope everyone in government feels stupid as shit right now.

>Jackson’s protege

You think I believe all the shit I see on CNN? I wanted Bernie to win and hated Hillary. I knew nothing was gonna change or improve under her but I knew she could at least effectively run the country. Trump is like Hitler not in the sense he is a genocidal maniac, but rather in the sense he's a larper who's hopelessly out of their league and thinks he can be a manchild playing with big toys and that will be a good thing to do as the leader of the single biggest superpower in human history. He's a CEO who only knows getting what he wants and bossing people around, and those are two horrible qualities for a president to have. But you know what, I said this back in 2015 and have been saying it ever since: Whoever wins the election, America will deserve it. People are waking up to the bullshit that's been happening. Remember Occupy? It was a joke back then cuz no one gave a rats ass about politics. Now everytime the news play in the cafeteria at my college I smile at the utter horror on all those kids faces (They play CNN and Fox btw). People care now, they are getting informed, making their own opinions and they are gonna finally go out and vote. Trump's legacy will be that of finally waking Americans up to how fucked they have let their government get.

What I'm hearing here is that he's a populist, and you just don't like him so you deny him the label

>literally threatens to invade South Carolina for Nullification
>not a centralist

>the ammount of drumpfkins ITT
He is right you know?

Drumpf has dark magic, just like voldeemort

Are you trying to say that everyone who's alive in the history of the United States that didn't vote Hillary is some cartoon caricature that manifested within the quarter decade?

No wonder you lost.

>begins the trend towards mob rule
It had pretty much culminated by his election.

>used to combat indians in his time
>shepherded many indians to their death ie the trail of tears
>adopted an indian as his son in the end
was it guilt?

For the kid, maybe. He signed the relocation bill but the actual trail of tears wasn't until Van Buren. He probably thought that the Indians would be better off West of the Mississippi.

Not all "Indians," are the same. Just as "white," is a modern concept.

Jackson kinda had his arms tied when it came to Indian Removal. He basically had two options, stipulate for an orderly removal of the Cherokee supervised by the US Army or used the US Army to suppress white settlers moving onto Cherokee territory. Given the prejudices of the time, latter option would've likely ruined his political career and it's questionable whether the Army would've obeyed orders to fire on white settlers at all. Even if they did, all Jackson would be doing would be kicking the can down the road. Any of his successors could simply reverse that policy and turn the Army loose on the Cherokee. Jackson went with what he thought was the more permanent and less destructive solution.

>Being bellicose
>Noticing a state government being bellicose not only against you, but a way that would snowball into civil war at the drop of a hat.
>Instead of indulging them in a legal battle which would cement one side as a loser, ensuring the same outcome, threaten the weaker party into backing down, saving them from their own retardation.
Yeah, he sure was in it for the sake of centralized government.

Not to mention it was a compromise Tariff being nullified, which was enacted in favor of southern states, who mostly accepted it as a great improvement, but SC sucked so bad and had so little aside from cotton to produce, they just screamed REEEEE until Jackson, who had an intimate hand at this ROLLBACK of regulation had to shut their autistic traps.
You are real dumb to think he was centralizing because three boonie states of ~20 thought he wasn't a radical enough decentralizer.

>blumpf is an idiot
>blumpf expertly controls the minds of the masses
Pick one

well he spawned the transcendentalists then failed to effectively end their autism

>implying that Jackson's currency policies caused the crop failures of 1835-1837
Rancid intellectual dishonesty.

Those are two conflicting ideas though.

Nice try, Schlomo