Why is this man so based?

>be a nobody
>joins some shitty militia
>proceeds to start a massive war to remove the French from North America
>once done, proceeds to start another war, this time to remove the British
>mfw a nobody cucked the two mightest european powers in his era and birthed what would become the greatest world superpower ever in the process

>Royal Clothing
>Washington

The "King Washington" DLC in Assassin's Creed 3 had a pretty great design for that reality.

>when you realise Americans worship someone who was a traitor to the nation of his birth as a hero of patriotism

when you realize non-americans will say literally any ridiculously misleading statement just to disparage the USA of which they are terribly jealous.

>be a nobody
he was actually well known from a young age and yes he started the Seven Years War and I believe he was acting on orders to do just that, he was an open freemason at the time. He was initiated in 1752, the engagements at Jumonville and Necessity happened in 1754.

Ohio has been important for a very long time.

that actually looks stupid as fuck

Several of the Framers and prominent Colonial politicians were Freemasons; I'm pretty sure at that point many secret societies were fiercely against monarchy (see the Phrygian Cap and other esoteric symbolism that crops up in Declaration of Rights of Man and Citizens after the French Revolution)

>many secret societies were fiercely against monarchy
maybe a few, but they hated parliament way more.
lots of them were still mad about the English Civil War. Besides, the adoption of a strong executive was actually a callback to the old power of kings.

I'm aware of the influence of the Phrygian mythos in France, but not in America.

buttdevasted bong

A little angry that your country got anally devastated by farmers?

>nation of his birth
The nation of his birth was Virginia. He was born to a father from Virginia, and his grandfather was from Virginia as well.

>be a nobody
Washington was by far the richest man on the continent. Between his father's fortune and the money he made surveying and selling frontier land, he had some $700 million in wealth. The richest man in America was its greatest protector, and its first president. If only the rich acted like that to this day.

>Washington was by far the richest man on the continent.
This is false. Can be cleared up with a simple google search

i absolutely fucking love Washington but this is a bit ignorant/disingenuous -- i'll go with ignorant because i'm a bit altruistic

dude inherited a shitton of land and slaves just by being born. he virtually doubled (if not more than doubled) the land and number of slaves he owned by being married to Martha Washington. he was hardly a nobody. as far as # of slaves go, he was one of the biggest slaveowners in American history, actually, at the peak of his wealth. he's still a top two president for me though and he was absolutely fucking based.

Who's your best?

I don't think that poster is American

honestly i've tied Lincoln and Washington. i love them both very much -- probably because they were the two humblest of our presidents, and i guess i really admire humility in people. but their achievements, considering the circumstances of their presidencies (and, in Washington's case, the Revolutionary War as well) are clearly, by themselves, able to make them worthy of being considered the greatest presidents.

FDR was a great wartime leader but he fucking sucked prewar so i rate him lower than most.

>virginia is a country

I don't know whats more embarrassing
actually believing Washington was the Gavrilo Princip of the seven years war or thinking he started the war to remove the British
He was an oaf, recognized in his own time by his allies as an inept general.
He was a wealthy Virginian slaver, not intelligent enough to dialogue with the framers, and owing to his height alone he looked OK in command.
That's why he's Mr. America.

this is honestly some pretty good bait. good job user

>>be a nobody
He was non-titled nobility, don't shame his name by calling him a "nobody."

name some examples of his brilliance.
I'll wait

>literally single-handedly kept the Continental Army in one piece and supplied as best he could while his subordinates tried to backstab him and the Continental Congress twiddled their thumbs up their powdered asses
>won three major battles in the span of eight days amid extremely shitty weather (Frederick the Great called it the greatest accomplishment in all military history)
>weeded out all non-hackers from the officer corps and instilled an incredible amount of discipline and loyalty in an army where previously there was none
>won the only major pitched battle between equal-sized forces once the Continental Army was trained up to European standard
>quickly adopted the understanding that it was control of the countryside, not the cities, that would determine the outcome of the war, so he led the British on a wild goose chase throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania
>executed a European-style siege at Yorktown with literally no actual officer's education

>hurr Washington never won any battles like Napoleon XD he was a shit general

Yes. In the minds of revolution era America, your colony was as good as your nation. It seems silly today with how broadly we define countries and nations today, but to the minds of a recently European culture, Virginia was plenty large enough and plenty distinct enough to be a country and nation unto its own. Keep in mind, Virginia is roughly the size of England.

Underrated

This. One of the things that the Revolutionary War helped to do was instill a sense of commonality and brotherhood, since you had men from all over the colonies fighting alongside one another.

>executed a European-style siege at Yorktown with literally no actual officer's education
The french were 95% responsible for that victory with their naval contribution and their military engineers which actually planned and executed the siege

>and owing to his height alone he looked OK in command
Sad but true

kek

FREEDOM AINT FREE

>be burger
>get shot
>survive
>have a medical bill of $900000
>wish you died

But that's wrong you fucking morons. Why don't you actually read the documents from the era? The Declaration of Independence even describes all 13 states as one people

>he doesn’t know about the fact that there were legit wars between the states after the revolution under the articles of confederacy

Ironically its right-wingers who have edgy things to say about washington (and hamilton his minion and chief ideologue) and who masturbate to jefferson

There weren't, though

What would they say? Anyone who would seriously put Jefferson over Washington as a better person is fucking retarded.

And Arminius describes all the Germanians as one people after defeating the Romans at teutoburg forest.
What’s your point?

They were one people divided into many tribes, much like Greeks before were one people divided in many city-states.

same here love Washington despite being a Freemason and not being a very good military tactician

Trenton was a veritable Cannae

Great strategist, though.

well they criticize his achievements, saying his only one as president was holding two terms in office. they criticize him for supporting alexander hamilton, for setting up a national bank, consolidating the debt from the states (essentially robbing the states of true sovereignty and serious political authority to challenge the central government), for setting up a national army (at the expense of state militias) and the framework for a strong central government. In other words, it's basically what the democratic republicans led by Jefferson and Madison criticized the Federalists for in the 1790s.

But didn't Madison found the Federalist party with Hamilton?

it did not. madison and hamilton drifted apart when in the first years that the washington's administration over policy. it was this split over policy which is what created the federalist and democratic republican party split. the policy differences were over the responsibility and consolidation of the debt, over pro-french vs. pro-british policy, over taxation and tax collection, over establishing a national bank and over a standing army and the right of the government to use the military against elements endangering the unity of the republic (whiskey rebellion, which was tied up with issues of taxation and tax collection), also over a strict "construction" of the constitution (literal interpretation) vs. less literal (implied powers). hamilton and madison divided decisively over these issues.

Let's do a thought experiment with/his/'s favorite anti - hero
>Hitler conquers Europe, or at least northern Europe
>all of Hitler's Europe after three generations speaks German
>a constitution is drafted solidifying the new empire as a nation - state
>refers to all people within the state as one Aryan people
Does it now mean that England and Germany and Poland and France were never nations, or countries? Because at one point in the future they have now become one people?

And what, pray tell, was the fascist empire that had forced these alleged 13 nations together?

t. Frog

read a book, senpai. you don't need to be a frog to recognize that french expertise (gained from decades of siege warfare in europe) was critical to yorktown's success. as it was, too, cornwallis was in a really shitty position in terms of materiel, men and location.

Imagine 13 sticks bound together around an axe in white wig. Does that help?

American Cincinnatus

What's wrong with Lagunitas? It has higher alcohol content than basically any other beer.

makes me laugh how the faggots start screaming traitor at anyone seceding from their country

>Nation of his birth
>Was born in Virgina and was a second class citizen because of his colonial status, then rebelled against the monarchy to help institute a new democratic nation

Ikr

>democratic
"no"

>Right wingers bash George Washington
Absolutely not
>Alexander Hamilton
Well okay yeah there is that

>democratic
"yes"

fuck off monarcuck

Burr did nothing wrong desu senpai

[citation needed]

Something something "it's hipster beer, therefore soy" something something

the two are inseparable. you can't criticize hamilton without implicitly criticizing washington. historical brainlets may not understand that, but the record shows that they were in really close collaboration throughout washington's later political career, and washington deployed him to defend his own conduct and policies against the dem-reps