I need help on my Asian history class

I need help on my Asian history class
>The Chinese Dynasty of Mei (fictional) has just conquered an island state called Yilake (fictional). The Chinese believe they bring the gift of “civilization” to the local “barbarians,” but the Yilake people do not appreciate the gift and are constantly rebelling. As the newly appointed adviser to Emperor Buxi (fictional), you must provide solutions to this problem. First, describe how each of the THREE major schools of Chinese philosophies (Confucianism, Daoism, and Legalism) would attempt to solve this problem and describe which one YOU believe will be the most effective and why. Please provide actual policies and not just vague philosophical ideas.
Thank you to whoever post this

Other urls found in this thread:

quizlet.com/18162733/confucianism-vs-daoism-vs-legalism-flash-cards/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gimme a quick rundown on the entirety of the history of China.

Dynasty after dynasty comes and goes till communist state becomes super power

>China unifies
>chinks prosper for some time
>China fragments
>chinks suffer for some time
>repeat

Throw in a bunch of rebellions, civil wars, famines, conquests of others, getting conquered by others, etc.

QUICK somebody send me $100 to feed some poor chinese kid

Genocide them all and replace them with my fellow insect people as the chinks did historically

>Confucianism
Use soft power techniques like education and public works projects to gradually draw the newly conquered people to your culture by demonstrating the advantages of your superior way of life.
>Daoism
Do fucking nothing at all. Conquest is not a proper goal to pursue.
>Legalism
Occupy the territory and suppress the population through military rule until they are pacified and accept imperial rule. Execute any known rebel leaders.

isnt this just taiwan? iirc the qing were promoting waves of immigrant from southern china and thats it

>Yilake (fictional)

oops wrong quote

According to: quizlet.com/18162733/confucianism-vs-daoism-vs-legalism-flash-cards/
Confusionism will teach, mentor and guide Yilaqi leaders. Success would be noticeable in at least two generations.
Daoism will apply certain grade of annexation while checking for any military naval and air force (I expect the Yilaqi to attack embassies and try to expel any invaders, so no official ground personnel should be on the island). Can't think how thid could work.
Legalism will force them into submission, most probably obliterating their culture. If they save any historians, books, art and such, those will be stored in the mainland for the Mei archives, only open to the public after 75 years. This time their assimilation will be quick, efficient and safe in the long run. They will also hold public tortures and excecutions until all "old" Yilaqi culturally die.

>Confucianism = civilized and good
>Legalism = barbarous and vile
>Daoism = stupid and self defeating

Is that right? Is daoism the US doctrine in Afghanistan?

Let me make it simple for you amerimutt you europoor
>Confucianism
literally leftist ideology, meaning you will convert the local subjects with muh toleration and assimilation while hoping that they would know better after you showed them your superior culture for a while. Thing is this shit never really worked unless said subject already wanted to suck you dick in the first place. In the end, Confucianism fags always cuck themselves by suppressing their own military force (hurr violence is bad in all form), leading to their ass got raped by whatever nomad horse fucker in that period. You can see literally the same thing happened in the West, where a more aggressive culture, the immigrants, flock into countries of a supposed more progressive culture, Germans, Bongs, Swedcuck. etc etc.
>Daoism
converted your subjects through muh religious doctrine nobody really understand what the fuck does it mean. This also really never work out because these cultists will just sit on their ass dreaming all day about reaching some higher state of existence.
>Legalism
Literally the redpilled way, strong centralized government, law abiding citizens, mighty military. Whoever opposed got their ass raped hard.

>Legalism will force them into submission, most probably obliterating their culture. If they save any historians, books, art and such, those will be stored in the mainland for the Mei archives, only open to the public after 75 years. This time their assimilation will be quick, efficient and safe in the long run. They will also hold public tortures and excecutions until all "old" Yilaqi culturally die.

That's what christians did to pagans and 2000 years latersyou still have people who love and make art about greek/norse/etc. mythology and loving the old culture while despising the christian one.

Or what americans tried to impose in Afghanistan and you still have people refuse to eat pork and walk around without the veil.

That shit doesn't work when it messes with the daily favorite culture of the everyday person, i.e. food, entertainment, emotional fulfillment etc.

>Literally the redpilled way, strong centralized government, law abiding citizens, mighty military. Whoever opposed got their ass raped hard.

Early christians did that to the pagans trying to erase all the "demon worshipping" (i.e. pagan culture) and look where it got them. People were making and loving paintings of Aphrodite in the Church's face.

To oppose legalism, you only need to fight people in a non-violent way, through rhetoric rather than assault weapons - the way Gandhi, Mandela, etc. did. Martyrdom (real non-violent martyrdom a la Jesus/Gandhi etc. not the muslim shit) destroys legalism. The government becomes the evil vile villain pretty quick when they start torturing an innocent person who just wants to live their life as they like.

confucius: royal marriage
daoism: buddhism
legalism: chop off their feet, put them in a huge pile then burn them

>chop off their feet, put them in a huge pile then burn them

Until Enlightenment comes along and denounces you for the barbaric monster you are mr. inquisitor

>Confucianism

Meritocracy with improved educational system and mainland culture to turn the native aristocrats into enlightened nobility that will want to be Chinese.

>Daoism

Nominal lip service as a "vassal", pragmatically the kingdom doesn't really change. Historians and autists in the future get to enjoy maps of your empire with said island shaded the same colour as the empire.

>Legalism

The easiest one to imagine. However if the natives resisted hard and long enough you'll either lose or be left with an island with zero economic value which eventually means you'll lose.

>Legalism
>Literally the redpilled way, strong centralized government, law abiding citizens, mighty military. Whoever opposed got their ass raped hard.
Yeah, and look at what happened to Qin dynasty(only 15 years long).

Combining the merits of all three schools(Confucianism+Legalism+Daoism) is the the real soultion just like what Han dynasty and its successors did.

Is legalism like when muslims want to prohibit you from eating pork or eating a gelato from a street vendor during their special month because they get triggered at seeing someone being happy without their religion? Or when the state/church bans good art and books because thery're "lascivious" and other bullshit like that?

>Daoism = Buddhism
Nigga what thE FUCK

t. Li Si

reminds me of a class my professor did. we were assigned to read up on the three major ideologies then sorted into 3 groups. the professor acted the part of emperor and asked us for our advice on three areas of concern.

i had to speak for the daoists, since i was in That Group. one of the questions was about invading another kingdom. i advised the professor to pursue peace and de-escalate tensions, then abdicate and become a hermit sage because politics leads to nothing but trouble and he needs to be in harmony with the Dao.

the professor complimented me on sticking to my guns, then ordered me executed for added authenticity. it was nice.