/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

thestreet.com/story/14373400/1/funko-ceo-and-ipo-day.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow, we hit the bump limit. Nice.

Buy NTDOY

#
Hmmm and NORKS are supposed to be testing their nuke soon. Coincidences...? Nationwide protests out of hand, emp country, blame it on nk, ww3 by next week, draft the liberals, Trump wins again!

>city of AMD

BGFV on sale with nice dividend

comfy gains to come

>NinTenDO Y
what does the Y mean?

Who here TRXC?

robinhood doesn't support OTC

TEUM is working out great for daytrading. Literally buy the dip every morning and sell an hour later.

anyone else playing apple?

only 1 hour left...

/SPI/ reporting in.

I dumped it for a little more than I had in it. I shouldn't have. I'm watching it. If it goes back down I might pick it up again.

>buying shit penny stocks
you guys never learn

I'm very long on APPL so a good earnings would be a nice boost but I'm not selling regardless. This company mints gold, I fucking love it.

It's gonna crush (or not what the fuck do I know) earnings. I'm in it for 8 shares. Floor at 150 and if it breaks that we are going to 120. See you there?

people that talk shit on pennystocks disgust me desu

so much money to be made if you know what you are doing, i made over 20k last year on otc penny stocks..

>if you know what you are doing

well there's the problem.

Well, I sure don't know what I'm doing. :o/

how are you going to learn if you never try? im not saying you should blindly by SPI i don't know much about the company but their are good penny stocks out there that could triple your money easy

I bought VTGN and it hit my stop loss, so lost no money but now it is up again. SPI I still have, stop loss will be an actual loss

I can barely manage to stay green with big-ish medium risk stocks right now during an economic boom, let alone high risk pennies.

VTGN was showing a little strength...and then it just halted randomly...wtf

do they do this on purpose to kill momentum?

Same. Been thinking about getting on crypto but I'll probably buy at BTCs high and then lose all of it when it crashes.

I'm up almost 5k in 3 months by NOT touching shit penny stocks

:^)

>I can barely manage to stay green with big-ish medium risk stocks right now during an economic boom, let alone high risk pennies.
follow the market.

different strokes for different folks

What I hate is people talking about price manipulation. A lot of cryptards on Veeky Forums do this. "my precious coin is falling, this must be the result of bots!" "this movement is a scam caused by a pump and dump whale group." Oh shut up, maybe people just want to sell?

What's your strategy?

>follow the market.
Slowly but surely that's what I'm realizing. Guess I should've just bought Amazon/Apple/Google like everyone else after all.

>follow the market.
What does this mean?

BGFV guys...

go to bed, Steve

starting to wonder wtf is going on with VTGN
im 4k shares deep at .88

depends on what size market cap it is, anything under 300,000mil market cap i always assume is going to be manipulated either to get it to go down or up, but i always assume it will be

What's your shtyle?

I feel like getting in on some stable stuff early might be better. I mean I bought BABA and today it isn't doing great but before it was, I'm still very green in it. Versus AMZN is so expensive right now. I think about buying AMD real low maybe? I mean is it cheap now?

They are sure bullish on StockTwits...

I just want to hold good stocks and comfy make money. I can't day trade because of time restrictions. Basically trying to learn right now. I only put 2500 into RH to learn with. So I realize it won't make me much, but, just trying to learn before I put real money in.

it means that sometimes the way to make money is to just follow the fucking market.. look at TSLA, it doesn't make money and hasn't but yet it keeps rising beause the market is there buying it.. look at Bitcoin it keeps rising.. because there is a market there..

Some weeks it'll be oil, some weeks may be large caps, some weeks might be bank stocks, other weeks it may be OTCstocks what ever it is, follow the market.

what is stocktwits NOT bullish on?

Oh and right now I own:
JPM
SHOP (whoops)
SPI (whoops)
VTGN (whoops)
BABA (whoops today but overall green)
MTW (actually doing good)
PYPL (not doing well)
BAC (good)
ZNGA (free meme stock, actually doing okay)

I have basically 1500 invested and made 13 dollars over the last week since starting.

How do you know what the market is hot on?

FNKO, oddly enough.

I agree, but every fucking time I think they're massively overbought, they shoot up another 2%. Hell, Amazon just jumped $150 this week when it was already at $970. Microsoft was at the highest they've EVER been, so I was waiting for a good entry point, and then they jumped $10 overnight. Like, what the fuck man. And then of course every day I check it seems like Apple is green.

>How do you know what the market is hot on?
i don't. but i have my eggs spread out across markets whenever a market gets hot ill add to that position and sell after i feel the market has cooled in that sector.

So open a Fidelity or TD account.
The Switch is going to sell 20 million units in its first 13 months.

Buy the dip boys!

I caused the dip by buying this today... it's a superpower i have.

Where is the bottom of this dip though?

Yep. Same story. I have no idea when to enter any of the big stuff.

Seems like you really need to be on the ball for that. I mean most of the time I can't watch the stocks all day because of wageslavery. So I can check things quick but can't do a whole lot of research. Which is what makes me lean toward getting index funds, but, I still want to learn this.

I was gonna buy the Switch after Odyssey but they lhiked the price, its selling for over $350 last I check. It's literally MORE expensive than it was at launch. How Nintendo does it is beyond me.

Fuck this cunt.
thestreet.com/story/14373400/1/funko-ceo-and-ipo-day.html

>Seems like you really need to be on the ball for that.
do your research and invest in companies across the board. some people will only trade one market and know everything about it, that is probably more common desu

>There are people in this thread who aren't buying AMD right now

absolutely disgusting

I would never buy any Funko product
its like a slightly less trash version of mcdonalds toys

still trash

>tfw you bought the DOW dip full leverage ;last night then sold today for + 10% feels gewd

>tfw nothing I have is at a good sellpoint

>literally the day of an IPO, stock drops a bit
>journalist asks "Do you still think you can hit your sales targets?"
journalists man. I think Funko is dumb but its not like the company is bankrupt after a single day of bad stock returns.

I'm debating it but unsure. Do they have a good outlook for the future?

>stock drops a bit
The initial price was $12, it is now like $7.50.

BGFV

buy and hold. buy and hold

Okay which one of you is this?

Is it a good buy or too risky?

I HAVE AN IDEA

BUY SPY PUTS

none of that is related to their ability to sell product though

Hope you dumb mother fuckers get in AMRS this week.
And hold for at least a year.
Look at the movement already.

There's still a massive percentage of shorts that still have to cover.
ER is next week.

I expect 14.00 a share by next year.

Fuck if I know. I'm just hoping I'll break even, but will probably end up taking a much larger loss than if I just cut my losses now. Unless of course I cut my losses now, then it will surely shoot back up to $8. The market seems to always react within minutes of me making the wrong decision.
If they can't sell stock, how can you expect them to sell toys?

if I wanted to gamble on fake retarded nonsense i'd buy some shitcoin like 99% of this board

they already sold all their stock :^)

jesus christ not this again

They sold 3 million less than what they were planning on, and at a lower price than expected.

go to bed, John

Just bought this discounted AMD am I gonna make it? its npot gonna go down more right?

oh yea they're fucked then
investing in them would be like, investing in beanie babies

Around $47, I think. No reason for it to be down in the first place and we've gotten tons of good news this week, so it should rebound, especially as Christmas nears and people realize how much money Nintendo will be making between the SNES Classic and the Switch.
Odyssey already has a ~43% attach rate in the US after just a week and if that holds globally, it should break 5 million by Christmas.

That's just scalpers. I guess the supply issues aren't totally sorted out yet.
There's at least one seller on Amazon selling it at $299 with Prime shipping, and there's an official bundle with a (digital) copy of Odyssey and a carrying case, plus dark red joycons, for $380. The Splatoon 2 bundle might still be available at Wal-Mart as well if you want those colors.

>investing in them would be like, investing in beanie babies
i was thinking the same thing

I'm waiting till $9 to buy

I just need it to touch 11 for a moment

>tfw bought at 11.30 thinking I was getting a great deal

just fuck my shit up lads.

KTOS GOGOGOGO

Are you kidding?
Screen cap it.

Don't say I didn't warn you all.
This is an outrageously easy and obvious buy.

Revenue and expense trajectories crossed 2 quarters ago.
Amrs is cornering a multibillion dollar market, and come out with cutting edge tech every few months.

Millions have been bet on AMRS failing and now the shorts are in a corner. This shit is inevitable.

There is not a cheaper stock on the market right now.

good chance ktos might drop hard after earnings, like if boeing didn't do well....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

actually this fucker is right. Short pressure is pretty damn high, and their financials have turned around. Looks like they're safe when everyone bet on them to go BK.
Ill buy a few K

you are such an asshole pumper
....hold for 1 yr....fuck you man

this is the sort of pumping with clear ulterior motives

sometimes short interest is high for a reason
u consider that?

What did I just say? Yes its high due to people betting on its failure.
But this company is definitely on the right track now that they got out of biofuels and the shorts will have to cover soon, its inevitable.
This is actually a pretty good buy. Great even.

Ever stop to think I was being serious?

I bought 24k worth and I'm holding for 3 years at least.

I'm up 15k in the last 2 years, I'm here to help you shit heads

thanks just bought 100k

lol sold my AMD for a decent profit thanks leverage

Anyone thinking about Weight Watchers as a earning play? I made 20% gambling on them last earnings.Oprah has a big stake in it and middle aged woman love whatever she's involved with

Grandma Oprah can be abusive tho too, I tried buying the dip back in september and the knife sliced through the very fiber of my being. she hurt me :(

idk what to do. earnings are monday

EARNINGS REPORT TIKE HOLD ON TO YOUR ASSHOLES

Apple retards give me your money.

delet this

papa cook takes care of his children

Mommy no!

Laugh it up man. I see people make mistakes here constantly trying to get rich quick. I tell people to hold a year and get mocked

boeing got BTFO like last week. the writing was on the wall

lol

What does Boeing have to do with this small time defense company???

they said to buy and hold that junk last year...its down considerably since then and even if there is a short squeeze which seems unlikely it will immediately trigger new shorts, get taken down to $1 again just in time for another rs

I wouldnt have got so pissed if you were just honest...you are a day trader and looking to get out a nice profit probably asap

boeing are one of the big players. if they don't do well, why would a little no name defense company do good?

Here, can't wait for ER next week, should be spicy