Reminder that the 1960s """""counter-culture""""" (e.g. drugs, hippies, etc...

Reminder that the 1960s """""counter-culture""""" (e.g. drugs, hippies, etc.) was merely an extension of Project MKUltra.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GowCEiZkU70
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann
sott.net/article/155794-Inside-The-LC-The-Strange-but-Mostly-True-Story-of-Laurel-Canyon-and-the-Birth-of-the-Hippie-Generation-Part-1
mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

USA in general is Judeo-African civilization.

space travelling rulers of the galaxy?

Pretty weird that the CIA would start a culture that would be opposed to pretty much everything they wanted to pursue.

Why would an experiment into mind control create something so flagrantly against itself?

>the CIA has an ideological angle
kek

Obviously kids need the state to push them into rebellion sex drugs and rock n roll. They would never touch that stuff by their own initiative.

youtube.com/watch?v=GowCEiZkU70

Imagine the power of the God's Chosen BLACK people

Controlled opposition. Get the kids too stoned to really do anything of significance, and use them as a scapegoat to turn middle America against the anti-war movement.

>sex
The sexual revolution was a result of "the pill"

>rock n roll
This pre-dates the 1960s.

>drugs
Which the CIA regularly used in their experiments with behavioral modification and mind control.

>why would the gov want kids to take drugs and be a part of pointless subcultures instead of organizing themselves in purely political movements

Gee i dont know

>Controlled opposition

It sure is amazing how the largest, most economically powerful generation in American history just so happened to be reduced to impotent "flower children" through recreational use of substances that the CIA had extensively tested as behavioral modification agents.

yeah, Im sure you have a really great youtube video that lays it all out, you 22 year old community college dropout

Which part of my post was untrue?

Do you have any statistics on the actual number of hippies compared to the rest of the population, or are you just banking on allegory to fuel your narrative?

No, it's purely a hypothesis at this point. What sorts of numbers would you like to see?

Good Evening, Agent.

It was a minority, it was hardly intentional, but even reputable people don't disagree with the fact that the CIA used the American public as a test field for their failed mind control experiments and that is what led to hippies, which in itself has had huge repercussions in today's culture because a lot of those druggie idiots actually turned into successful business men and artists and have continued to spread their bullshit ideology around to the point to which it has actually become majority in some ways.

>CIA used the American public as a test field for their failed mind control experiments
yes

>that is what led to hippies
no

Why are you choosing to be retarded and think the US government created a group of young people who hated them?

Because the hippies weren't actually a threat. If anything they made a convenient scapegoat (i.e. "junkie traitors") and didn't really accomplish anything besides driving consumer/fashion trends.

Because they created the majority of the drugs that those people used and use and that make up the core of the culture, and they let them out into the wild. It wasn't intentional but it is certainly a result of their actions.

And it's not like the CIA didn't capitalise in this idea, they were first in line to ship drugs off to other countries to try and stir trouble in them, the communist took so long to catch up to the idea that the Soviet Union had fallen before they did.

look at what it's blossomed into. normies want to invade countries to spread homosex

>The CIA created LSD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann

We lost Zappa too soon

And it's modern incarnation of burning man is another iteration

I suspect that moneyed interests are promoting identity politics to keep the """left""" divided and distracted from economic reform.

I miss him

things can backfire but who cares if it´s profitable

shitty confirmation bias and memes, not Veeky Forums, /x/ or /pol/

Even if they spent billions to spread counterculture through every source of media without anyone noticing besides a few tinfoil hatters, people could simply stop watching it, they could read pride and prejudice instead of watching a soap opera.

The core of your argument should be how they "hacked" the mind and did a better job than the far larger number of businesses desperate to get people to buy their movies and magazines or buy their products.

Counterculture is something that emerged autonomously, the growing middle class were bored and had new technology at their disposal.

>in b4 t. CIA

>CIA plans blowing up in their faces

That happens quite often. Remember when Pinochet was put in power by the CIA? He then set a car bomb in front of the white house. Same thing with Al Qaeda, they were trained by the US to fight Russians in Afghanistan, got radicalized and then 9/11 happened.

I'm gonna help you faggots out now...

sott.net/article/155794-Inside-The-LC-The-Strange-but-Mostly-True-Story-of-Laurel-Canyon-and-the-Birth-of-the-Hippie-Generation-Part-1

Enjoy.

Nice fallacy, retard.

This piece is potentially interesting. However, the opening discussion of the Vietnam war is such abject Communist propaganda that it makes me suspicious of all the author's assertions.

It's one thing to disapprove of the Vietnam war; another thing to lie about it, and to neglect to mention that what is now "Vietnam" was once two sovereign nations, one of which requested US assistance because it's neighbor was trying to annex it.

Some interesting facts are presented, nonetheless. It's just that the intro is such bullshit I wonder if the background info about the 60's rockstars is equally fallacious.

Wasn't it technically a single nation divided on ideological grounds? SV was a sovereign *state* but it's a stretch to call it a sovereign nation.

I will tell you now, user, that, first, I think you are picking at nits, and, second, that I picked at this Author as well, before he died. That is, to say, I actually became enough of a friend to his daughter to establish a background, that I am now able to say is solid. Laurel Canyon is a very interesting scene in US military operations up to the alleged Manson murders. (Manson was a psy-op also). I have vetted this author. It'a a legitimate story that needs to be told.

On one hand, it's not surprising that most fathers of 60's musicians had military backgrounds -- after all, the hippies were the children of the WWII generation, where everyone served that wasn't crippled or mentally defective. But it is interesting that so many were the children of high ranking [career] officers or people who had intelligence backgrounds. This aspect, if accurate, is pretty fascinating.

On the other hand, one could argue that it's natural that the children of elite parents would tend to be cultural leaders. as well as having the money and leisure to cultivate alternate lifestyles instead of working in a steel mill to pay the bills.

Is this an excerpt from a book?

quick reminder that Zappas and Jim Morrisons parents were high ups in the military.In fact Jims dad was commander of the navy in the gulf of tonkin

Lots of people from that generation had military parents, it's when the draft was still a thing.

This guy is so much smarter than his looks would make you think.

True, but a significant number were the children of high-ranking officers, or had fathers that were involved with intelligence-gathering, aerospace projects, etc - not draftees that didn't get above sergeant, or drove trucks in Korea.

On the other hand as the other user said it could be argued that having those types as parents gave them the freedom to pursue their artistic tastes, or that "military brats" with careerist fathers might gravitate to others that share the same background

Have you considered it's because a lot of people moved out west for military jobs and lived in close proximity? As the other user said a lot of people were in the army back then, especially later in the booming defense industry

The CIA is fucking retarded user, I really wouldn't be surprised

I would say the latter was probably a big part of it. That doesn't simply seem like a theory to me.

I wouldn't think Zappa is the best example. He chainsmoked cigarettes and drank tons of coffee (often doing the two at the same time), but those were his only real vices.

>one of which requested US assistance because it's neighbor was trying to annex it
Well actually the USA invited themselves after the Gulf of Tonkin

And in all honesty the north vietnamese asked us for help first, but we blew them off because we didn't want to help someone fighting the french, so they turned to china instead.

We could have had a willing democratic stronghold in vietnam.

I'm the user who was offended by the opening of this series, and now I'm several installments down the rabbit hole . It's [morbidly] fascinating -- the weird "coincidences", the bizarre behaviors that were so unprecedented in popular culture, and all the death. As a late boomer, I thought I knew about the counterculture, but this stuff is a revelation.

correct
just got a copy of "search for the manchurian candidate"
so fucking juiced my dudes

Populations of Hippie communes, voting patterns, anything that shows the hippies as anything more than a cultural fad. The Anti-War sentiment was help by every type of American, because every type of american was affected by it. The CIA artificially creating a movement to demonize wouldn't affect those that lost friends, family in a war without no existential purpose in their daily life.

>created the majority of the drugs
Heroin, amphetamines, LSD, marijuana, cocaine, all of them were concocted decades (or in Marijuana's case thousands of years) before . We know the scientists names, we can read their logs, we can trace the original companies that produced them.

The only potential case you have are experimental synthetics. If you can source a CIA paper trail to any one pill, more power to you. But there were as there are now plenty of rogue chemists looking to make a buck in the drug business.

Don't ever post Frank on here again. He is too good for this crowd. And don't associate him with drugs and hippies, leave his soul to rest

Good. Good. Go Deeper, user.

mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf

Enjoy.

>Heroin, amphetamines, LSD, marijuana, cocaine, all of them were concocted decades (or in Marijuana's case thousands of years) before . We know the scientists names, we can read their logs, we can trace the original companies that produced them.

this. everyone saying the CIA invented this stuff is a literal retard

>the CIA created al qaeda

I know dates and timelines aren't Veeky Forums's strongsuit but do try to look things up.

>high ranking [career] officers or people who had intelligence backgrounds.

You mean guys who had lots of money?

It was my understanding that the CIA funded militant Islamic, anti-communist groups in Afghanistan, which the CIA then labelled as "Al-Qaeda" or the base. After September 11th, all Radical Islamic groups around the world were given the blanket term "Al-Qaeda", owing to the fact that such a nebulous adversary needed a term that would drive a simple "us vs. them" dichotomy, independent of any regional or cultural variations. So in this sense, yes, the CIA created "Al Qaeda".

Bin Laden was just another terrorist warlord with limited support from the Afghan Mujahedeen. He and his group adopted the term from the West, after it was used to refer to them by the West, not the other way around.

You must remember prior to 1947, intelligence operations were conducted by the military in every branch. Lieutenant Colonel was usually deep in intel or the corresponding in other branches. I woudln't say these guys were stinking rich, but, they were well taken care of, and their families were groomed for successful careers. There was no 'breaking from rank' with emo kids who despised their parents. These kids were groomed to not be simpletons.

>He is too good for this crowd
Nah, for all his musical talents the dude was an asshole.

What about psilocybin and dmt and mescaline?

What about them?

Al Qaeda is a specific organisation founded by Osama Bin Laden not a catch all term for Islamist terrorism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda

9/11 was a planned event to halt an internal investigation and invade Iraq to establish a Rothschild central bank
they then continued under the guise of anti-terrorism to invade other countries in the Middle East to establish more banks and puppet governments

But know kids really do nothing of significance in any way. What are they doing? Why are they so powerful?

The Plan has worked to perfection. The next two generations are completely Soy; They have no fight left in them.

This

The Vietnamese as a whole didn't care about communism or capitalism. They were just sick of being ruled by foreigners.

You're talking about the Mujahadeen user. Those are the general freedom fighters in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. Al-Queada is a newer phenomenon

Is diversion from the OP a tactic used to kill a thread that isn't going as planned?

If so, you are doing a fantastic job of killing this thread.

>opposed to pretty much everything they wanted to pursue
haha, no
you really have no idea how useful they really were

Comprehension is such an issue with these Fags, these days, user. It's impossible to communicate properly. The Goals were obviously met.

>CIA plans blowing up in America's face

Guess who got the money?