Anyone read this one?

I saw this in the book store, and I was curious, but it annoyed me. A critic's blurb on the back said, "It you or anyone you know believes in free will, here's the antidote!" I don't want to pay $10 for a 70 page (That's all. Great job.) pamphlet telling me I didn't choose to buy it.

Sam Harris hasn't had an original thought ever. 99.9% of his stuff is regurgitating stuff he learned in undergraduate philosophy with a veneer of science.

lmfao I’d rather tear out my own teeth than read this tripe.

>Harris was born on April 9, 1967 in Los Angeles,[4] the son of actor Berkeley Harris and TV producer Susan Harris (née Spivak), who created The Golden Girls.[5] His father came from a Quaker background and his mother is a secular Jew.
>his mother is a secular Jew
>Jew
>JEW
*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm also curious if he explains what made him write the book in the first place.

>1. Our bwains have chemicals!
>2. Buy my book!

>Sam Harris hasn't had an original thought ever.

Isn't that his point though?

And the universe deterministically made retards that will deterministically buy his book anyways

Reminder that if you believe in free will you’re retarded

What about agency as a useful abstraction?

Sure, but really everything that has happened or will ever happen was determined the moment of the big bang

Of course he is, why do you think he is only agressive with christianity and islam?

You can't even prove any causality in quantum phenomenon. You need to brush up on your physics. God plays dice with the universe whether you like it or not Einstein.

Why would you say that?

Reminder that if you don’t you’re even more retarded.

People only believe that because we have an extremely incomplete understanding of quantum physics. Once we begin assembling the puzzle pieces I believe that we will find order in it

> I believe that we will find order in it
So blind faith.

Not blind faith, applying what we have found in every other aspect of physics, and every other scientific field to quantum mechanics

That is blind faith. You have no evidence to support your assertion. It is merely unknown, yet you claim to be able to project some form of knowledge based on nothing.

>extremely incomplete understanding of quantum physics
just how God intended

>Once we begin assembling the puzzle pieces
impossibru. see above

I was going to read it, but changed my mind.

Do you have any choice about whether to believe in free will or not?

me too. chose this instead.

Your method there is induction. You see it seemed to work for most things, and you feel it has to work for this thing - except there is no logical necessity for it to be so.