HOW DO I DEFEAT NIHILISM?

Every day when I wake up the first thought that comes to my mind is how existence doesn't make sense. And not in the teenage angsty kind of way (okay maybe a bit) but whatever rationalization I try to apply it fails.
Meditation only keeps it at bay for a while, keeping myself occupied with tasks works as well but I don't have much energy through the day, maybe enough for 6-8 hours of work and then comes the period when I'm too tired to work and not tired enough to sleep.

How do I pass this shit? I tried to start with philosphy, but I can't really get into all the major works. I've read Nietzsche a lot back in high school and still got all of his books on paper but reading him would most likely put me in a biased situation.

Wat do Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums told me to fuck off T_T

try to find someway to distract yourself

maybe get a girlfriend, or a job

Just get laid, preferably with someone whose company you enjoy, that's all there is to it

>try to find someway to distract yourself
>maybe get a girlfriend, or a job
If I could get either I don't think I'd be browsing 4chink

You need better nutrition.
I recommend salmon, avocado, milk, and chicken—with potatoes.

i understand im gonna die, and i pretty much know when. and i know that ill be doing things after i die. this body is merely the first phase of my existence.

Are you going to kill yourself?

>I know there's an after life
You and every other religious nut.

>i know that ill be doing things after i die. this body is merely the first phase of my existence.
And how exactly do you """know""" that?

You defeat nihilism by living.

Save up some of your autism bucks for a good quality prostitute.

You don't.

You give up, and others will survive you.

Based Beta Ray poster

Start by committing suicide. You won't though, no matter what your reasoning you just won't do it, and until you do, you're a fake nihilist.
I imagine a torture scene with a nihilist, "please, spare me! I'll tell you nothing because it doesn't matter anyway, what do I care? Don't kill me!"

>the true nihilist would commit suicide

So the more true nihists there are, the less true nihilists there are?

We can only hope. Despite being so crestfallen they sure whinge a lot.

>crestfallen
>whinge

Jesus, where do you find these words? What the fuck do you read, ancient scriptures?

Just because we're nihilist doesn't mean we don't have fun while we're here. We simply acknowledge that none of it truly matters after we're gone. Whether I am the.most beloved being, or the most hated. When we die it doesn't affect us.
/b/ is the remedial English course here at 4chanU. I think the course will be a little bit more geared towards your speed. We give them helmets and crayons, specifically in that order. You'll love it. I can already tell.

By adopting cynicism (pretentious fags call it stoicism) bruh.

Nothingness implies somethingness.

We are somethingness incarnate

>being this pretentious
hows middle school

Middle school? My dude I'm a radiologist.

suicide is pointless if you're nihilist

Nigga stop replying to obvious bait

The meaning of life is to love and have fun. It just do.

Your job will kill you

Literally

From cancer

EVERY EMPIRE

Your job

cancer

Do something that will make yourself matter, do something that will immortalize you in history. Anything will do just as long as you do something that will make you memorable. Cause then you wont have to worry about being forgotten after all is said and done.

Don't deny truth, that's what all the worst theists do. You suspect something is true, so explore that perspective. Evaluate it without bias. This is the only way you can make decisions with conviction and validity. Ralph Waldo Emerson said something along the lines of, the revelations of geniuses are the thoughts neglected in the minds of men. Truths that are scary or that you perceive to be potentially dangerous are truths either way.

>You suspect something is true, so explore that perspective. Evaluate it without bias. This is the only way you can make decisions with conviction and validity.
That works in the real world.

Doesn't work for the big picture.

This seems silly as means to purpose. It's fine as an incident of living life with better intentions, but to seek attention for its own sake can't be a good idea. Choose your temple wisely and maybe read Ozymandias.

I feel blessed for being able to accept life for what it is. Especially when I see posts like this

Only if you're intent on having a conventional "big picture" (if I'm interpreting that phrase right). But to what end? When thinking, shouldn't truth be your primary concern, rather than mental gymnastics to increase your faith for what you already believe with little regard for truth? This seems unproductive to me.

Good Guy Thor.

>existence has no meaning
you must create your own meaning.

Literally join a religion. We won't see you as lesser for doing so. Even kekergard did it and he was very smart

I mean, it's not that difficult. Just ask yourself what you want out of life and pursue it.

If you say that you don't want anything you're actually lying and being inauthentic.

You can't do anything about it other than to keep yourself preoccupied. Good music taste btw.

"Joining religion" is absolutely pointless if you lack the faith in the first place.

>existence doesn't make sense therefore nihilism
Its called Absurdism.

lmao nigga just push the rock

Just b urself

Drink erryday.
WubalubadubDUB!

Christian atheism. Im not kidding, when Jesus on the cross was asked how will we know when youre present he responded: when there is love between you god is present. In this way god is like a candle of meaning in a meaningless universe. So dont despair in meaninglessness revolt against it by being a Good kind human and live meaningfully. We can really only go Up from here.

Try to create meaning in your Iife. Create a goal and pursue it constantly. It can be literally anything.

> Jean-Paul Sartre: What is nihilism worth?
> Friedrich Nietzsche: Nothing.
> *walks away*
> Friedrich Nietzsche: Everything!