Tell me about Yasuke, the black Japanese samurai

Tell me about Yasuke, the black Japanese samurai.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_the_Ethiopian_white
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Iirc he was initially travelling with Portuguese missionaries to Japan. Oda thought his skin was dyed with ink at first and made him scrub himself down only to find he was legit black. He was supposedly quite strong and very tall compared to Japanese people at the time. People said he was fairly handsome and had a good character. Oda's enemies called him a pathetic ape when he was captured. He supposedly inspired afro samurai. That concludes my Wikipedia skimming meme history factoids, hope you enjoyed it.

WE WUZ SAMURAI N SHIET

Did any other black samurai exist? I'm a disgusting black weeaboo so I'm just curious

its highly unlikely

but there are a bunch of Afro afro caribbean and Afro-Latin swordsmen and Pirates that you might be interested in

>WE

>Oda thought his skin was dyed with ink at first and made him scrub himself down

IIRC there was a walthy roman or greek man who bought a black slave, then proceeded to scrub him clean...he stopped when the slave got pneumonia and still wouldn't stop being black.

>he stopped when the slave got pneumonia and still wouldn't stop being black.
I can't stop laughing, stop this.
Where did you find this from?

They call him Samurai. He got his training from the masters in Japan.

He remained loyal to Oda even after Honouji incident.

Found it. Unfortunately just one of Aesop's fables.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing_the_Ethiopian_white

Still, the fables are a good read. Much recommended.

>Dammit stop the ink production!
Kek

I think he was the only black samurai. Tbh there were only a handful of white and non-japanese asian samurai in total.

Thanks for research, user.

AY, YO AFRO!

he was a based black man

The dude probably looked like one of those Japanese Oni demons in battle. He didn't even need a mask to look like a monster.

Bumping just to piss off /pol/tards that broke containment.

Why does he wear the mask?

Wow.. I can't believe this was a thing. Thanks Veeky Forums

Yasuke was as far as I know the first non-asian samurai. William Adams was the first european one.

Japanese and African culture are very similar and cross compatible

>WUZ