Family Contribution in Fighting Nazis

Have any of your family members fought fascists?

Share their stories.

>pic. my dads uncle, he was in the airforce, had 100 confirmed kills

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/8995838/Vice-Admiral-Sir-Iwan-Raikes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The picture is upside down unfortunately.
Wow 100 kills, respect.
Is he still alive ?

My grandfather fought them in the Jewish Brigade in the British Army.
He passed away 7 years ago.

idk why it flipped.

he died over a decade ago.
respect for your grandfather.

I'm Aussie, one of my grandfathers was in the British army as a tank crewman, landed a day or two after D-day and was taken POW after his tank was cut off around Villers-Bocage and had a pretty awful time after that. My other grandfather was in the Aus navy in the Pacific but his brother was an AA gunner in North Africa before being sent to the Pacific as well. Still low-key wish the Germans won.

My greatgrandfather was an ustaša. Nazi thing in Croatia. The thing is, he was employed into sending Serbs, muslims, communists and the other "undesirables" into Jasenovac. A concentration camp of a sort. Nothing more than a human slaughterhouse.
But the old man was not into war crime and dishonorable shit because he was educated and a Catholic and because of that he had a sense of morality.
He told local villagers that they should not meddle into politics, and the ustaše won't meddle woth them. A status quo.
He was later degraded and replaced by a local manbeast who slaughtered the populus and actually created a partisan movement there. A man is more likely to kill you if you kill something of his. Leave him alone, all is well. They couldn't understand that.
Thing about those villagers is that they saw how military behaves because of a time without conflict and they had an understanding how to effectively fight them.
just wanted to share a story of my greatgrandfather. Wrong side, but still.

I'm sure your ancestors would have been proud of their wehraboo progeny

I had a great great uncle who was apparently involved in Logistics in North Africa, later went on to Italy. He stayed after the war for the cleanup of Europe and had to send food to a family in Italy who were apparently starving, who he'd met. I don't know any more because it was never, ever spoken about by him and a taboo subject when brought up by family members. It was implied he was pretty traumatized by what he saw.

They were, I served in the army myself.

You are a disgrace to your ancestors.
That's why I don't want to have children so that I won't end up with an evil abd immoral offspring like you.

See They weren't happy with what's happening either, so shove your self-righteousness up your arse desu.

My grandfather joined the partisans in Slovenia when he was 16, fought as a machinegun fighter, got shot through his lungs (a few cms from his heart) at age 17 and after his recovery worked as a medic in partisan hospitals in the woods (Zgornji Hrastnik and Jelendol) until the end of the war.

Family was heavily involved in the Royal Navy.

telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/8995838/Vice-Admiral-Sir-Iwan-Raikes.html

Great-grandfather lost his leg in the war.I think he was either in North africa or the eastern front,maybe both.

One of my grandfathers fought in Stalingrad in the Red Army. He was a sniper there. He got injured at some point and didn't get to storm Berlin. Stayed in the army after that and work as border patrol at the persian border.

Not WWII, but my great grandfather received the Medal of Honor for killing a bunch of Krautniggers in WWI.

>Unironically wishing the Nazis won because "muh Mudslime immigrunts"
Kill yourself, cuck

>implying I'm an amerimutt
kys yourself, cuckboy

Well I wouldn't frame it as fighting fascists, but my father's father was in the US Army from 42-45. He died a week after I was born so I never got to hear any stories. All I know is that he was at the Battle of the Bulge.

The image is still relevant

Not at all.

My granddad joined the 11th armoured division in the British army after physical problems prevented him joining the RAF.

He was part of the invasion of France and Belgium, and liberated Belsen Concentration Camp.

After the war he lived in Ethiopia and moved back home. He met Haile Selassie there, and my Grandmother knew Eleanor Roosevelt.

One great grandfather was a Croatian Yugoslav partisan officer who fought in Trieste. The other one was a cook in the wehrmacht in eastern front.

6 family members fought the nazis, one of them was even a partisan.

Great-grandfather was on Eisenhower's staff at SHAEF, helped plan out the open naval barrage of D-Day. Uncle was the turret gunner on a B-24 based out of Italy and was killed over Poland (he may have been shot down on the few missions where Auschwitz was bombed judging from his date of death). Another family member (a distant cousin or something) was in intelligence and was responsible for cataloging documents seized from German concentration camps.

One of my great-grandfathers joined the International Brigade, fighting against the Spanish, Germans and Italians. He lost his leg there. The communists lost, unfortunately, and he had to go back to Belgium. His story doesn't stop there, however. He continued to fight against the Germans in the Belgian resistance. By now he was already a bit older, nobody suspected my handicapped great-grandfather to be a resistance member. One of the things he told my mother was that, once, when he was carrying a sawn-off cannon in a chest, he arrived at a Nazi checkpoint and they asked him what he was carrying, so he just replied "A sawn-off cannon". The Nazis started laughing and let him through :). Unfortunately, he was betrayed by Flemish collaborators, who told the Germans he was a resistance member. He was sent to Buchenwald. He survived it, though. He's very lucky to have done that, not a lot of people survived that, let alone one-legged men. According to my mother, he only weighed 40 kilograms when he was freed. I still look up to him today. After the war, he got nothing like a "veterans' pension" until he was 65, so he had to do a lot of different jobs to survive, including selling birds at a local market. God, I wish he was still alive. When my mom asked him once if he had killed anybody, he just laughed and replied "I sure have!".

Did he fly his plane upside down too?

>Have any if your family fought fascists
My great grandfather and great great grandfather we're both high ranking officers. The former was a lieutenant and latter was a one star general. There is pictures of them with Nixon floating around the internet. They we're both Irish Catholics.

Also I'm part Italian, so I'm sure family in the fatherland were fighting for the fascists although we don't talk about it

Also just to add to their legend, they both served in WW1 and fought in the trenches, though I'm not sure which battles they were a part of. It's a shame my family doesn't revere them more desu, they were both hard men.

>not asking the most important question of all
>did he shoot the man before throwing him out of the plane?

>Tfw my ancestors were hard lined ethno centrists and fought in the ear against the Germans
It wasn't a war about supporting endless race mixing, libertine sexual practices, and materialism, it was about supporting democracy in the face of authoritarianism

great-grandpa got conscripted into the Hungarian army as a half Slovak and half Pole living in southern Slovakia, fled to the Red army one month later somewhere around Stalingrad and fought in their ranks since that. Then he got assigned to the Czechoslovak army corps. Died in 1993. Fought in the battles of Stalingrad, Khrakov, Voronezh, Dukla, Liptovský Mikuláš and Ostrava-

*Then he got assigned to the Czechoslovak army corps in January 1944
Also got 3 times wounded by the artilery.

great granddad got captured in Italy, escaped ,stayed with Italian family, got captured again

Keep telling yourself that while your ancestors prepare to recive you with gunfire in the afterlife.

My paternal grandfather fought in the Pacific but he died before I ever got to quiz him about his service and records haven't been able to tell me much about what all he might've done. I also had a relative through my paternal grandmother who was in the 42nd Rainbow Division but he died a couple months before the division liberated Dachau. I have several pictures of both of them though. I know some other family were part of the war but I'd have to dig out the family book again to see their exact roles.

He was Australian, so he actually wasn’t upside down from his point of view.

My grand father, Kenneth, on my mother's side was in the Tank Corps then the Motor pool then was a cook(was afraid of not having food due to the Depression destroying his family's farm). He and his brothers Keith, Kay, and Kirby(i'm not kidding) all went into the military as well, though Keith and Kay wound up in Korea a while later due to the specialization of their training and that they were younger. Ken joined in 1942 and was moved around a bunch, though he mainly worked with the engineer corps to rebuild French and later German towns. When the war was over he married a Army Nurse and had three kids, one of whom was my mom.

My father's father, Dwight, was trained as a bomber pilot in '43 but then after he finished training for the B-17 the Army air force switched him to a B-29 and he had to go through the whole process again.

I have a distant relative on my dad's side who was in charge of the 401st RCAF for a while then was moved to Bongland.

Another guy on my mom's side was on the Yorktown at Midway but got off alive, then later at Coral Sea was on the Hornet. Survived that too and came back and settled down. He was an Ensign if I remember right, he was on the flight deck when the Hornet went down.
>Pic related, probably hfw he saw the torpedo hit the engines.

>the chad conscript

Greatgrandfather served in Red army. Captured with 3 others(his friends) a village of 40 german soldiers(probably in night).Then got to storm the Berlin.He got wounded once in some German village( by shrapnel), survived it (thanks to his friend).And my Polish greatgrandfather was in Polish resistance.

Dope shit

My grand uncle was a tank crew remember in the italian campaign. I was always told how his crew once found an abandoned barn and a bunch of wine in the cellar. They took it all of course and would store it in the place they were suppose to store shells.
Canadian BTW

100 confirmed kills?
Uhhhhhh.... define a "kill."

If you mean aerial victories, sorry but try again. No allied aces during the war got anywhere near 100.

My grandfather took part in operation paperclip

4 great-uncles, don't know all the details as opposed to the 5 great-great uncles who served in WW1.

2 were gunners on Lancaster bombers, they got shot down and killed in 1942 I believe. The other 2 were in from D-day onwards; one in an armoured division, he drove a Cromwell first and then a Sherman. The other was an infantrymen. They both survived but never talked about the war unless it was telling fun stories. They both died about 15 years ago.

He's making shit up.

>Pole
>in southern Slovakia
Yeah right. Your grandpa was a Jew.