78% of americans live paycheck to paycheck

>78% of americans live paycheck to paycheck

what the literal fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/general/2015/05/17/americans-average-net-worth-by-age-how-do-you-comp.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude if only you knew how bad it was. half of americans have less than $1000 in their savings.

the average blows blows their whole paycheck on alcohol burgers and the as seen on tv store

have any other countries to compare this statistic to?

I think the average American net worth is something like 3k.

They say this because they have little savings which makes it true that if they missed a paycheck it would be a financial burden. The rest of the world isn’t much different. There is a lack of near money, most americans have their money wrapped up in investment vehicles (or actual vehicles) 401ks and all that shit. Plus we abuse credit. Probably the biggest reason right there

thats a good point.

be this guy

That's not correct at all.

You're right, but by age group

There is nothing wrong with a double stack from wendys

Forgot link:

fool.com/investing/general/2015/05/17/americans-average-net-worth-by-age-how-do-you-comp.aspx

most Boomers always spend all they earned because they felt safe in the knowledge of getting a pension

Thats why the economy was so good in their day

I'm 49 and have 720K in my roth ira

>paycheck comes
>buy the newest smartphone the ads told you to buy
>buy those new shoes some nigger on tv was rapping about
>good chunk goes into paying off loans you took for that new car you bought to replace the one you bought a year ago
>go out and get drunk, pay $150
>wake up the morning after and realize you can barely make it to the end of the month

While pays are low, that's not the reason there people live paycheck to paycheck.

>America is a society of debt slaves

What a fucking breaking news.

80% of people are stupid

You're not correct. It goes that way :

>paycheck comes
>use everything to pay some running debt on credit cards
>buy the newest smartphone the ads told you to buy with more credit card debt
>go out and get drunk with more credit card debt
>wake up in the morning realizing that your overall outstanding debt increased again this month

Unsurprising. Go to any supermarket on payday and notice how much busier it is because some people have to wait to get paid in order to feed themselves.

>alcohol burgers
top kek

I was reading some twitter comment chain and it suddenly dawned on me that the normal person just doesn't save money.

They were taking about going out right after getting a paycheck. Then dealing with eating PBJ until the next paycheck in 2 weeks.

Like how much are they spending in one night? Life must suck to work 40 hours a week for just one fun night every fortnight.