I've saved (almost) $20,000 in cash at age 23. My money is just sitting in my bank account doing nothing...

I've saved (almost) $20,000 in cash at age 23. My money is just sitting in my bank account doing nothing, so I want to invest at least some of it, but I'm completely ignorant when it comes to investments. What do?

Wait until midmonth after Segwit2x then buy bitcoin.

All in on bitcoin.

put half into an IRA, probably some kind of total stock market index fund, and the other half into shitcoins, if you want to know which shitcoins just put 2k each into the first 5 coins shilled on Veeky Forums, open a gemini account to convert fiat to BTC and then choose exchanges based on rep and which coins you got shilled

cash out all the money and distribute it to minorities in impoverished neighborhoods

join our pink wojaking at robinhood general

Reddit / Personal finance
Read everything you can eventually you can be FIRE ...financially independent retire early

this, or buy now ande sell after the fork and buy back at the bottom

or if yu're too lazy for all of that, buy bitcoin, put it into cold storage and check it back whenever you feel like buying a house in a couple of years

How specifically would one go about buying BTC or any particular cryptocurency? I only have a passing familiarity with them.

even 20k in bitcoin right now if it hit 100k per coin would be what? 160k roughly...meh

localbitcoins

coinbase if you're american and lazy, and don't mind fees

and he could buy a house with that, it's better than letting it dust in a bank account and it's better than buying gold that moves like a snail

also 20k it's almost 3BTC at 7k, that would be 285k at 100k per coin

as long as you're making money, who cares how much you're making? he's not gonna make that investing anywhere else

just google 'bitcoin exchange' and pick one, most people use coinbase at first because it's easy to buy a small amount right away but they suck ass, I mentioned Gemini which is a very reliable exchange that lets you buy in volume but their verification process can take weeks

>a 800% profit is 'meh'

the state of Veeky Forums

They are greedy ADHD NEET faggots that want instant gains

Alright so I'm gathering that most of you like bitcoin as an investment. I know years back it was trading at a few hundred or whatever, and right now it's at 7000(?) per. What about other types of investments? Any particularly good books I could read on the subject?

but use GDAX to avoid the heavy fees.
GDAX is less noob friendly as it's designed for traders, but it's also much much cheaper.

I suggest Bitstamp.

Solid reputation. Oldest exchange still around.

>be neet
>sitting in dungeon on a pile of digital gold
>decades spent jerking off, gaming and looking at charts
>overhead is $120 a month for internet and ramen
>mad that overall gains weren't 200% in a week
>never even buys a lambo
>finally dies without an heir, sinking millions of crypto into the lap of uncle sam (or ethnic analog)

It would be around 300k.

You have some serious issues with basic arithmetic.

I'll stop any trading activity by 30 and dedicate my like to self exploration in my massive private estate.

>half into an IRA, probably some kind of total stock market index fund, and the other half into shitcoins,
KYS for giving such awful advice

btw, congrats OP, you're already doing better than most of the world population

do you have stats on that?

Your realise you could have 150k if you'd just bought Bitcoin at the start of the year?

Seriously, buy Bitcoin.

found this, I'm sure I've seen more data but don't really know what to google to find better stats

do you realize how many people live with less than a dollar per day?
how much people have more debt than money/income?

Thanks senpai. Throw yourself into the normie tank (restaurant industry) and you'll be amazed how much quick money you can make if you abandon your dignity and lucidity. Waiting tables and tending bar overall has a very favorable money to work ratio.

what the hell Veeky Forums has censors?

senpai
senpai
senpai

baka desu senpai

10x margin long on Dogecoin

put 15k of it in diverse index funds, drop 5k in BTC. move on with your life. you're young so have the money work for you and don't invest into shitcoin scams.

I have already worked in that industry, it's good but filled with cokeheads
with that money I started buying and selling musical gear, with that money and trades I made a home studio (for my band, not making money off it)
with the rest of the money I bought BTC at 3950

thx mommy and daddy :)

You win retard post of the thread

kek. The spread alone would be enough for a margin call.

pff

>enjoy life while you're young

best way to die a wageslave like 99% of people.

I'll enjoy life at 28 with 5 millions in safe investments.

you have 5million at 28 already?
congrats, for thr rest of us normies i'd advise a cautious approach, some risk is good but i wouldn't put myself in a sink or swim scenario.

my dad is schizophrenic and homeless and my mom is a crackhead. try again, poorfag

yeah I've thought about doing something similar, buying musical stuff, or anything really, and reselling on craiglist. I've played guitar for 10 years so it seems like something I could do, but at the same time it seems really labor intensive for relatively small profit. I've also considered getting into carpentry with the intent of getting into real estate, and eventually building my own estate after I finish my degree & career (engineering).
But idfk.

>you have 5million at 28 already

No

I have 26 and 1 million.
I'm confident I'll reach my goal.

well, I wish you all the luck in the world
at the end of the day it's all about buying low and selling high

godspeed user, I have to leave now :)

in shitcoins or in btc? lets see the address.

sure confidence is nice and all, but that's just it. it's confidence, there really is nothing in the world that can promise you you'll hit your goal. that's life, risk and reward.

Haha, been waiting for this thread for quiet some time ;(((((((((

this was me last year.

had 50k saved up from working. decided not to put it in btc because i wanted to be a good little citizen and eventually have enough to put a deposit on a house.

House prices are fucked up where i live (sydney, melbourne) stock market is also shitty in my country with a 1% growth so started crypto in june this year

feel like im late to the party honestly. But i am trying to make best of the situation and i started off with bitcoin investing and diversified from there.

just do your own research its not that hard. start off with say 3k btc 3k eth 3k ltc and then diversify from there. Dont do something silly like go all in on something unless you do all your research and learn how the market works first and you will be fine

>2 years ago
I was 23
>2 years ago
i had 31,000 in my account
>2 years ago
i was going to invest in bitcoin
>2 years ago
i backed out
>2 years ago
I was 23
>2 years past
IM TELLING SOMEONE IN THE SAME SITUATION.

MATE INVEST NOW

Alright alright I'll buy bitcoin for fucks sake everyone. Even if it completely crashes I won't even care desu, money doesn't really make me any happier. Take a picture of this thread with a timestamp and I'll come back in a few years looking for you all and I'll give you $100 each if I hit it out of the park