Pre-islamic / non-islamic arabia

Where can I learn more about pre-islamic and non-islamic arab civilisation and history ? (apart from ancient Egypt, which I already have a pretty good grasp of)
Recommended readings, documentaries, etc ... are welcome, as well as information you find interesting on the subject and feel like sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

nabataea.net/
historytoday.com/khodadad-rezakhani/arab-conquests-and-sasanian-iran
siratbanihilal.ucsb.edu/start
youtube.com/watch?v=uJrMzLNOiI4
youtube.com/watch?v=qTfhevu6Gj8
youtube.com/watch?v=FUZ289zGhsU
dailymotion.com/video/x5aof0s
pastebin.com/AyhWQhwJ
answering-islam.org/Books/Al-Kalbi/introduction.htm
wathanism.blogspot.ca/2011/11/deities-beings-and-figures-in-arabian.html
britannica.com/topic/Arabian-religion
ia800603.us.archive.org/29/items/asnamasnam/asnam.pdf
ia800408.us.archive.org/2/items/KitabalAsnamLiKalbi/Kitabal asnam li Kalbi.pdf
amazon.co.uk/Book-Idols-Translation-Al-Așnām-Princeton/dp/0691653410
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this board is fucking useless

If it's not about Western Europe or Rome you're probably not going to find anything useful here, friend.

Try looking for the civilizations that existed before Islam, like Zoroastrian Persia... but muslin have erased most of these civilizations

It's really hard to find information on it. The Saudi government suppresses research, they like to paint the picture that life before Islam was pure ignorant savagery. Despite gigantic empty pre islamic cities littering Arabia, as well as huge monuments and temples.

This is a good website i used when i was making Pre islamic arab armies for a game mod.
nabataea.net/
Ignore the Kaaba on the front page, it's not an Islamic site, its about pre islamic Islam, focus on Nabataea but looks at all of arabia too.

yeah, I'm doing some research and while there is some study material that looks solid, there doesn't seem to be a lot left
also I'm cautious about what I read, since muslim scholars would probably have a heavy bias against these civilisations

>nabataea.net/
looks absolutely fascinating, thanks, user
my interest is actually part personal curiosity and part game design needs

historytoday.com/khodadad-rezakhani/arab-conquests-and-sasanian-iran

Start with Hoyland's Arabia and the Arabs: From the Bronze Age to the Coming of Islam

Learn Arabic, and then you can read pre-islamic arabic poetry. There is also a glimpse of pre-islamic arabs in Arabic poetry of the Islamic era. Antar ibn Shaddad is one example of pre-Islamic Arabs. But there is also Arabian epic of the story of Banu Hilal during the Islamic era but that tribe behaved more like its pre Islamic past in many ways. There's an American scholar who has made a site to conserve some renditions of the epic: siratbanihilal.ucsb.edu/start

Unfortunately, the epic is not kept 100% as to what it was since poets would change over time but it is the closest thing there is of the epic's past.

Some interesting videos about Nabateans (northern Arabia): youtube.com/watch?v=uJrMzLNOiI4
youtube.com/watch?v=qTfhevu6Gj8

They didn't erase most of those civilizations, since they died before Islam even began you retard. Ancient Mesopotamia was no more by the time Alexander conquered it.

Zoroastrian Persia (i.e Sassanian) was the civilization that existed during the beginning of Islam but its relics and sites still exist to this day. There was no attempt to try to erase everything.

>The Saudi government suppresses research
Perhaps in the past. Not anymore: youtube.com/watch?v=FUZ289zGhsU

This is a recent documentary in French about the ancient city of Hegra in Saudi Arabia: dailymotion.com/video/x5aof0s

There is not much information in Western research because academics were typically not interested in Arabia, thinking it had nothing interesting. A lot of 19th century Western academics who did archaeology in the Middle East went looking for the civilizations and peoples mentioned in the Bible. Those were in Mesopotamia typically.

this link OP
pastebin.com/AyhWQhwJ

This is about the gods of pre islamic arabia
the link was removed from the wikipedia article for some reason

answering-islam.org/Books/Al-Kalbi/introduction.htm

>answering-islam
Shit source. This link is better: wathanism.blogspot.ca/2011/11/deities-beings-and-figures-in-arabian.html

This is at least based on academia: britannica.com/topic/Arabian-religion

>implying anything could be pre-Islam

I don't know anything about the rest of the site but it's an interesting book written not long after islam started and apart from the autistic arab names it's great. Alot more information than the blog you posted. I'm seriously mad cunt, don't shit on my source(a book written by someone who could talk with people whom had first hand experience in the subject) and then post a blog written by a LARPer and an encyclopedia you massive fucking faggot

You're an idiot. There is no book posted on that page. It's a bunch of supposed citations, where you have no idea if the translation is good or not. The book isn't known or subject to much exposure and your shitty site doesn't try to understand the book since the author of that article clearly hasn't read it.

And the blog posted (your site is a bad version of a blog) has a lot more information on pre Islamic arab beliefs. In fact, it's the whole purpose of it.

Encyclopedia aren't bad. Get an education, dimwit.

>autistic arab names
Kek, you're dumb.

And if you want the actual book, here: ia800603.us.archive.org/29/items/asnamasnam/asnam.pdf
or
ia800408.us.archive.org/2/items/KitabalAsnamLiKalbi/Kitabal asnam li Kalbi.pdf

>muh english translation
Then this: amazon.co.uk/Book-Idols-Translation-Al-Așnām-Princeton/dp/0691653410

>but muslin have erased most of these civilizations
meme

>Ancient Mesopotamia was no more by the time Alexander conquered it.

It may have been declining, but that is false.

The ancient Sumerian and Semitic empires of Mesopotamia were no more by the time of Alexander the Great. Mesopotamia was colonized and conquered, turned into a shadow of its former self.