What did they mean by this?

What did they mean by this?

WE REMEMBER

that heart always gets me. it's like they tried to look gay despite being the most badass and fearsome cav unit in history.

Pluto - God of Death - also has a Heart

can someone point me to battles in which they took role? i can only think of kircholm, vienna and klushino.

probably all of these

>400 vs 40k
how does that work lmao

probably many of those thousands were supposed to enter in the battlefield but couldn't since the rest of the army retreated

>tatars come
>charge them, kill some of them and withdraw
>defend yourself in some shithole village fortified by wood
>shoot stuff with guns
>supposedly use arrows as ammunition and shoot them from your guns as you run out of gunpowder
>successfully defend yourself for some hours
>tatars tell you to surrender
>*no*
>tatars leave

honestly Veeky Forums are they overrated or underrated?

neither
they just took all glory in battles because they were super expensive and only richer members of nobility could afford them, no one ever mentions that they had a lot of support from their sidekick called pancerni (the armoured ones) etc, the armies consisting of only hussars were pretty much never a thing (even if they fully consisted of cavalry)

>only richer members of nobility could afford
more like only nobility could be them

Hearts weren't gay back then.

im pretty sure that even merchants could become hussars if they could afford to
many nobles were too poor to afford to become a hussar

Nah after XVIth century it was a unit of nobles. They only recruited young nobles that were trained into the role in a simliar manner as medieval knights did with squires.

Do you remember this one specific thing in September?

Only the sons of most powerful nobles could become hussars. That's why there was so few of them. Non nobility, even the richest merchants had very few rights in the PLC. There is no way a merchant could become a hussar. In addition to that PLC merchants were almost exclusively German or Jewish

Hello there, I remember you MR
>They had low casualties because they didn't want to fight in battles
Stop spewing nonsense

Point out what in nonsense exactly and provide proofs you fucking retard

>provide proofs you fucking retard
Oh how nice of you, I am the only one who has to prove things.
Both posts are just assumptions
>I don't have any knowledge, but I can guess and I probably should be right
>Nah after XVIth century it was a unit of nobles.
So before that it was unit of commoners?
>They only recruited young nobles that were trained into the role in a simliar manner as medieval knights did with squires.
What? Serving in army was voluntary, rotmistrz(company officer) was given letter from hetman or king to recruit soldiers from certain area. He recruited bunch of "towarzysz", and they recruited bunch of "pocztowy".
>Only the sons of most powerful nobles could become hussars.
There were no such requirements. Everyone could become one, he just needed money for horse and equipment. It wasn't uncommon for peasants equipped by noble to serve in army as "pocztowy", together with him in the same unit.
>That's why there was so few of them.
You could just say that they were few because they were expensive. It applies to everything.
>Non nobility, even the richest merchants had very few rights in the PLC.
Compared to Polish nobility sure, but as European average they had nice rights. And both burghers and peasantry could become nobility, and serving in hussar unit was one of they ways of doing that.
>There is no way a merchant could become a hussar
Literally wrong, they could become one the same way peasants were (and even easier, as wealthy merchants could afford equipment)
> In addition to that PLC merchants were almost exclusively German or Jewish
Safe guess, eh? "Almost exclusively", but somehow you forgot about Scots, Armenians, Dutch, English...

WE HAD WINGS N SHIEET

WE WUZ INJUNS N SHIEET

>So before that it was unit of commoners?
No after XVIth century the unit transitioned to heavy cav and was regulated by strict goverment rules that prevented it from serving as mercs outside the state. Also the original light hussars were Serbian mercs.

>No after XVIth century the unit transitioned to heavy cav
It happened in second half of 16th Century.

>Moves cossack hetmanate from Polish golden liberty to opressive Russian tsarism
>Pshh, nothing peronal, Mykola

>proceeds to sell ukrainians into tatar slavery

black heritage

>being the most badass and fearsome cav unit in history

I'd argue that Lisowczycy were more fearsome. Germans used to shit in their panties before them. They're underrated though.