Universal Suffrage

Ways of making democracy more efficient?

Increasing power of local government, reducing power of the federal government.

Unironically, murder applied with surgical precision.

purge the country of leftist agitators and demagogues

Build a computer that calculates all possible options and determines which is the most efficient one, then we do that.

t. Mevlüt Mert Altıntaş

That's not democracy though

Get rid of it completely, let people raised to be leaders be leaders.

should all people be allowed to vote? should there be a sort of test or something for you to apply for voting?

Apply it where it matters; the workplace

eww.... I'm not Turkish

Technocracy sounds nice

Way to miss the point Gavrilo Princip

This.
Direct democracy with a caveat.
You only get to vote on things that are your area of expertise.

All doctors vote on medical and healthcare related matters. All economists vote on fiscal and trade policy. All architects vote on the building code and urban planning matters.
And so on.

Uneducated cretins don't get to vote at all.

There you go, I just fixed democracy.

Then people who succed would exploit those who failed the test. Democracy has to be global for the interst of everyone to be represented.

Fuck that's actually a legit good idea.

Don't worry, I will surgically murder you first, user.

Some way to reintroduce a "rite of passage" into adulthood and only then allow people to vote.

Could be military related, but I don't know. Should necessarely include physical and mental hardship, and educate young people about how the system works in depth.

Everyone who disagrees with me is too stupid to understand why I am right, so you and will be placed in the uneducated cretin category. You should be ok with this as per your ideals.

That makes no sense at all. You alone wouldn't get to decide anything.

Thank you! Needs to be fleshed out obviously. I would call it "Technocratic Consensus".

Educate everyone. Prohibit anything that harms intellectualism. Encourage critical thinking among the people and ostracize those who remain blisfully ignorant.

Get rid of the women’s vote

Would that just not weaken the state as a whole?

Wow, what a mind-blowing revolutionary idea!

Oh wait, how would it be implemented? Having to take test to determine who would be qualified to vote? And the governmental administration is in charge of creating these tests? Doesn't sound prone to political manipulation at all!

By the way everything you've thought out has been hashed and rehashed since people could think. You know the quote about great philosophers standing on the shoulders of giants who came before them? You're a cockroach at their feet. Such is modern liberalism.

you can't. its western tradition to be efficient and then chaotic. then efficient and chaotic again. and again. and again.

this applies to every idea invented by men.

>You alone wouldn't get to decide anything.
Of course not, me and likeminded smart people would decide we are smarter than everyone else, because we are smart, so we get to decide who is smart and who isn't.

Watch the /pol/tard squirm at the thought of him getting disfranchised instead of them uppity negroes.

What I am suggesting has never been tried, but voter qualification has served well the United States between 1776 and 1965, there is nothing to suggest it would be politically manipulated as long as a free speech environment with elementary rights remains guaranteed in a Constitution.

Most early democracies during the 19th century were subject to qualification based on voter rolls or land ownership. In my example, a simple degree from a certified college would suffice.

Impossible to enforce. You would need entire federal departments dedicated to what qualifies a person to vote and to keep logs of every person's education and training levels.

/pol/tard? One political party for the last decade has been advocating non-citizens to vote while promising them benefits, and opposed simple checks against voter fraud like having to show a photo ID at the polls, saying it disenfranchises the impoverished minorities (black people). And the fact that academia is so incredibly infested by political hacks when you advocate that you would need a degree from them? Something like 75% of nurses surveyed said they would not want to get treated in their own hospitals.

Land ownership, or otherwise equity in the nation as a whole such as even sweat equity like military service, I would be open to arguments however.

Pretty sure that if 19th century governments could manage to do it, with lower average tax rates than now, an advanced 21st century nationstate can afford to do so.

All it would take would be a commitee to certify colleges around the country to ensure they are imparting proper education (this is already done), and a voter registry where graduates can voluntary sign up after submitting their diplomas for review.

Why not all agitators and demagogues?

We need to reconnect rights to responsibilities. The people who vote need to have skin in the game or they will just treat the country as tool to fulfill their selfish desires. The founders seemed to understand this seeing as only land-owning men were originally allowed to vote, but for whatever reason this not become an amendment to the constitution.

I think a model where you have to pay a threshold in taxes and have performed some civic duty is necessary. I haven't figured out what exactly that criteria should be though any thoughts?

>I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle.

ah yes that worked excellently in the USSR

>banked are the only ones that get to vote in matters of finance
>business owners are the only ones that get to vote on business regulation

A third major party (if not more). Polarization among the Democratic and Republican parties is making compromise and open-minded judgement too taboo.

Pretty sure economists would be in charge of that, retard. "Banker" is not a degree.

What kind of degree do you think bankers have? What kind of industries do you think people with economics degrees tend to go into?

>letting an industry and only that industry decide the rules under which that industry operates
u gotta b kidding

Large business owners or bankers are a very small fraction of the people holding Economics university degrees. Very few people own businesses and even fewer become large enough to be threatening.

It is certainly better than the political lobby system that currently exists in America.

There was like a tenth of today's population back then

we need someone to keep us on our toes, a completely sterile environment is bad for the immune system

Disempowering the corporate propagandists from manipulating public opinion and bribing representatives?

Voting requirements were left up to the individual states. New states in the west generally opened up franchise to all white men as a way to encourage more immigration. States back east would drop most of their requirements to try and keep people from leaving. Property requirements for voting were basically all but gone before even a half century passed from the signing on the constitution.

only answer in this thread that wasnt retarded.

Improve civics classes so that high school graduates better understand how elections work at local, state, and national levels.

>charles II

Democratic nations are pretty efficient already. Even the EU only employs 30000 bureaucrats for a population of around 550 million.

If you ask me a lot of it is because of the wave of New Public Management in the 80s and 90s.

How we do it? Supporting corporate agenda and using corporate money... lefities are a joke

you know congress is able to set their own salary and benefits, which is why they are all millionaires with the best health insurance money can buy

now imagine if every industry tried to vote themselves into that position, this is what you're proposing

If we ignore millions of local bureaucrats... maybe

its also no coincidence that Wyoming was the first state to allow women to vote in state and local elections, and then other western states were ahead of the curve on women's suffrage

Emphasis on civic education, compulsory voting, tax credits for citizens to privately sponsor independent journalism, every able bodied person being part of the military reserves.

And what about national budgets? How would you reconcile the differing collective interests of each area of expertise with one another? There is something to this proposal, but it requires significant clarification to be at all workable.

They should be allowed to published what they do, as long as it isn't factually incorrect + intentionally misleading (just one of these sins doesn't warrant proseccution).

Suffrage was a huge mistake.

This isn't technocracy, this is fucking medieval corporativism.

If you want to be logical about who gets to vote what you want is a point-base meritocratic system. People should prove they have basic knolwedge of how the beurocracy and administration of a country even works before having their votes being worth anything, and that could be done by basic exams and courses of education. Citizens who contribute to the state in the way of extensive work, having raised children as productive citizens or by paying taxes should be given more voting power as well. This would lead to an stratified society just as well but at least it makes more sense.