Underrated former powers thread

Underrated former powers thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Empire
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mill
lc.nl/friesland/Historicus-Friezen-en-Vikingen-waren-sterk-met-elkaar-verbonden-22708681.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Empire

still got fucked by the french, ilu dutch though.

Pittige specerijen makker.

ilu?

>Uses the whole country as corridor to attack french
Nothing personal toothpaste

>Took longer than he expected and lost as many troops as he killed
>Had to resort to carpetbombing the citties in order to break morale
>Couldn't take the colonies
>Couldn't take the Hague and capture the Dutch government and royal family because all his paratroopers got shot down

Might not have been a long fight but we gave him a run for his money for as long as we could

WE

WIJ
WAREN
KONINGEN
EN SCHIJT

>Whole country gets rolled over in less than 4 days
>w- we totally resisted i swear guys.
Dump toothpaste poster

Sure thing buddy

>I'm just pretending to be retarded
Dumb toothpaste poster

Friendly reminder that Britain would have never taken Gibraltar without the dutch marines.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
THESE FLOWERS ARE NO BETTER THAN WEEDS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

rare photo of Veeky Forums circa 1640's

>Had to resort to carpetbombing the citties in order to break morale
>carpetbombing didn't have the opposite effect, stiffening resistance like it did everywhere else
>all of the Netherlands caved in under 96 hours
>Army of Northern Virginia, a depleted force that was on the run, managed to outlast the reasonably well supplied and entrenched Fortress Holland by a week after the fall of Richmond

Technisch zijn we nog koningen

Fuck, this got me

We got our asses handed to us alright... four days is not long. Still makes me wonder how the Germans managed to fuck up so badly sometimes:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mill

How you manage to lose 10 of your own for every one of the enemy while you have the element of surprise, attack from the rear and have more than 10 times as many troops available amazes me.

toothpaste

>Two (2) places fell for this same shitty meme
Fucking how?

Would the Brazilian Empire count?

The Dutch should have united Germany instead of Prussia. The reason they became irrelevant is because of small population

> guy in picture wears recolored English uniform

>enslaved millions
>killed tens of thousands
Imagine being proud of this. What the fuck is wrong with wh*tes?

Dutch history is worthless

I know, if only we'd killed every one of you savages then you wouldn't be able to use the whites mans technology to bitch about the white man

Data provided by swedish historical association of WEWuZ©1999

We are not irrelevant though, if anything today we have disproportionate wealth, power and influence for our population size.

I love you?

KORNWERDERZAND WAS THE ONLY PLACE THE BLITZKRIEG WAS HALTED

Behold the mighty Dutch """Empire""" !

So much superior than the Spanish and Portuguese empires which at one point shared the entire world

*defeats dutchies*

>taking Portugal's colonies
Sure. We're really sad for not having Sri Lanka anymore.Guess we'll have to settle on Brazil then

But Indonesia is fucking huge

WY WIENE VIKINGZ

lc.nl/friesland/Historicus-Friezen-en-Vikingen-waren-sterk-met-elkaar-verbonden-22708681.html

Why did Wilhelm pay his respects to the Spanish King? Did the Spanish king actually treat him well?

And Mongolians are proud of Genghis Khan, and Arabs are proud of colonizing Africa where they literally enslaved niggers, etc etc.

Stop crying bitch.

V O C H T I G

Because no one had a problem with the Spanish king, only his representatives in the Low countries were dicks

You're comparing this to empires like the British and Spanish though.
Compare it's size to like that of the Roman. Even then, alot of its power was economic and trade based which is quite significant

Any good book recommendations on the Dutch?

ITT dutch people LARP as a former great power

It's Swedish

Somehow this pic is supposed to disprove they were?

No, it's an actual underrated empire unlike the dutch empire which the insecure dutchmen bring up on every occasion.

This pic does, though

>lasted 14 years
It isn't underrated.

>This maritime empire is bad because this other land empire had all of France and the Netherlands for a bit