It's too late to buy Bitcoin

I'll just fucking say it.

Even if Bitcoin were to reach a price such that its market cap was greater than the entire supply of money on Earth, which is a price of about $2,500,000 per BTC, you would only make about 350x returns.

Compare that to if you had bought Bitcoin a few years ago when it was $1 and you could have sold today for 7200x returns.

It is too late to buy Bitcoin if you want to actually start with a little amount and get rich. You have missed that boat. You may still make gains but they will be dwarfed in comparison to the gains those people are making on Bitcoin RIGHT NOW no matter how high it goes.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZite54e3nqF5776dpxKr1qtZtA_1FkVQ1l5T4dCBWePOup2J9sc5F_1NPZnnOwKwYJCb1U-7wmEUSH9fGeO1RtciCUMlHUps_1nn0LRkxDKHRYHyQ1JJ0ZNw_1SRmsWR5BxyFVMdADo-mJy_1WYD3H-ZlcCum-nXptCEIK_1qn04oEnMAAVQvDRY_1WyAR1bXvvj7rk9skKq6Kan2TeBuJce3Mh-z6HPfrkvWFgq_1S1w7W-oAlhNOKRXh3C039tF5ahF1eNNXtnfWAt03OHhmewJZtZm-fLTqRKkhT-YwwRrI7Bqe_1a2QI96Fa3LN-6YV8rnYtiHvUCfvrn
twitter.com/misato0305/status/888367603080495104
twitter.com/misato0305
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I only learned about it when it was $10, so like 720x.

I'll take a 350x and a japanese qt as well.

pleb.

100k$ x 350 = 35m$

not my fault u have lunch money retard

Correct.

People who are getting into crypto now by buying BTC (or holding BTC at all, for that matter) are unbelievably dumb, unless maybe they're already millionaires and need that liquidity

The ship sailed long ago. Just keep your eyes peeled for a hot new emerging meme tech to invest in and buy low market cap shitcoins in the meantime.

Realistically Bitcoin is not going to become the market cap of all the money in the world though. But even in that fringe, fringe scenario those who throw in a $1000 will only get about $300,000 out of it. Which seems like a lot but given how unlikely that is, it really isn't.

My point is that Bitcoin's market cap has reached the point now where it makes more sense to invest in smaller market cap things. Other coins or anything. It's at that point now.

And a jap qt for you.

Its not too late dumbass, crypto still gives you much better returns than any other investment.

Go back to earning 0.25% interest in your bank balance while the rest of use enjoy the sweet gainz. Moron.

>dumb
I rode BTC, and a lot of altcoins, up this far. And I was smart enough to get more BTC with altcoins and sell them instead of losing BTC to it.

I know the potential. But you're missing the point. The point is that in the most fringe possible scenario, 350x returns isn't that much.

I can multiply big numbers too faggot, it doesn't change what I'm saying. It's time to find a smaller cap to invest in if you want the gains to keep coming.

This is the fuzzy logic that made me lose half my stack on shitcoins. Bet on sure things like bitcoin. I'd have 4x right now.

Ima need sauce on the qt

This is exactly my point.

I'm glad you figured that out. I'm not telling you to go out and gamble your money on shit nobody knows anything about. But the myth that "it's not too late to buy Bitcoin! Buy now and you can still be rich!" is literally impossible.

Unless you're trading, Bitcoin isn't going to make you rich. And if you are trading, there are more volatile options which are more profitable for trading now.

Nobody's fucking comparing Bitcoin to a savings account, are you really that dense?

There are other investments which are better than Bitcoin right now, in the crypto markets.

Do you have a coin that you'd like to shill? I left DOVU a couple days ago and am patiently waiting a strong signal to hop back in an alt. :)

but for real though I gotta stop you because I need the sauce on the babetron5000

And I have double what I'd have if I'd stuck with Bitcoin. Even with these artificially low alts. Don't hold a single bitcoin and never will, other than to buy more alts with.

I feel ya, I no longer buy btc thinking I'll be rich one day. What about it just hitting the marketcap of gold.

I've actually shifted to running a project that onboards new users to cryptocurrency, its my full time income now and I can move a little percent of that into crypto each month. I almost went bankrupt but this current surge in cryptocurrency seems to have saved me and I'll be evangelical about cryptocurrency for the foreseeable future.

I'm just trying to get as much crypto as I can and hoping I get lucky with some move sooner than later.

It's not too late to buy Bitcoin Cash

For 2018, I think Kyber might have some potential. Nothing huge but something.
I'm also holding ETH for a while longer. Mining Bitcoinereum is actually profitable instantly right now so that's worth trying. And I've got a few leftover bags that I didn't sell my full position in, but not too much.

But to be honest, I'm waiting for another golden opportunity. I've seen a few in crypto before, ideas that I'm fairly certain about and see real potential. I saw that with ETH and the Kyber ICO in the past, but timed the Kyber ICO dump well enough to get out in time.

I don't see anything like that right now, but when I do I'm back in.

you guys do realize that before the fork, all the exchanges are going to go down for (((maintenance))) and your profits for the last month will be wiped out?

google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZite54e3nqF5776dpxKr1qtZtA_1FkVQ1l5T4dCBWePOup2J9sc5F_1NPZnnOwKwYJCb1U-7wmEUSH9fGeO1RtciCUMlHUps_1nn0LRkxDKHRYHyQ1JJ0ZNw_1SRmsWR5BxyFVMdADo-mJy_1WYD3H-ZlcCum-nXptCEIK_1qn04oEnMAAVQvDRY_1WyAR1bXvvj7rk9skKq6Kan2TeBuJce3Mh-z6HPfrkvWFgq_1S1w7W-oAlhNOKRXh3C039tF5ahF1eNNXtnfWAt03OHhmewJZtZm-fLTqRKkhT-YwwRrI7Bqe_1a2QI96Fa3LN-6YV8rnYtiHvUCfvrn

Look I just got these off of Veeky Forums but she's clearly a gravure model. Maybe someone here knows her name.

my man

Sounds like a good plan.

Every single exchange does this for every single well-known Bitcoin fork.....what's your point?
This is the exact same as every other time.

I bet people said the same thing last year. “It’s already passed 1k bro, it’s not gonna throw off that much more money, man”

>on board normies to crypto

This was my idea too, can you explain a bit how/what you do?

I wanted to give sessions at people's houses (small country so can drive everywhere) for €80

i think eth is the next go to for reasonable rags to riches stories. i dont think theres any other coin that people can say that it will guarantee profits.

-eth is half its sat value from ATH
-it has a quarter of the market cap of btc

the rest is mostly meme coins. i think privacy coins will do very well as that is probably the last problem that blockchain solves (at least when it comes to currency).

I'm not saying 200x return, which is more realistic than my 350x above, won't make you a decent amount of money. It's just that there comes a point when the asset's market cap is big enough that if you're looking for volatility, which in a growing market like this, you are, then there might be better coins to invest in now. And I mean right now, given the recent Bitcoin surge and expected pullback.

I'm not him but I actually do something similar to what you're describing.

Something like that would work. You could even just setup a blog and put affiliate links to the exchanges/coinbase/cex/etc. and probably get a steady flow of money. You could even setup social media pages that just share news and shill coinbase/etc for affiliate revenue.

I'm sort of teaching people via a site and helping them get a small amount and show them how to use wallets and whatnot.

The gains you'll be making at this point, assuming you get lucky and time your sell perfectly at the absolute ATH of BTC in the future, will be less that one seventh what it would have been if you'd bought at 1k. You can't argue with math bro, infinite growth is not a thing.

Maybe getting rich quick with crypto was never a realistic goal. I mean some people did, but that was luck and being in the right place at the right time. Others have gotten rich because they were smart enough to create the technology. The myth of the Veeky Forums neet making it and driving off in a Lamborghini is more a running joke really than reality. You guys shouldn't be taking that too seriously.

Doesn't matter, any gain is a good gain. When this is over, I will move on to something else.

This. We lost the black swan but we are still adults looking for gain.

> you will never be a zillionaire

okay

I don't think any coin is going to ever moon the way bitcoin did again. 10000x or whatever. I see nothing to indicate that is even a remote possibility.

Completely wrong.
>getting rich quick with crypto was never a thing
It absolutely was for a lot of us.
>that was luck
No, it wasn't, at all.
>more of a running joke than a reality
Any of us with more than a few months' paychecks in crypto from over 15 months ago here are doing well. The number of people who don't speak English on this board drove almost all of us away and for good reasons.

I'm not saying to buy Bitcoin now at all but don't give me the
>It's all just gambling
>you just got lucky
lies.

As OP I agree completely with this and I think Veeky Forums is just slowly going to beat a dead horse with jealousy over this for possibly years to come. And they will be happy with 5% gains eventually, very happy, and start preaching how "compounding those 5% gains makes you a multi-millionaire" and that will be it for this board for a while.

I should point out the obvious too...that's there's nothing really stopping the market cap of BTC from going over the total amount of money in the entire world. Nothing, really..

But good luck convincing anyone to buy any when/if that ever actually happens.

You dumb fucks don't even know half of what you're talking about. I shouldn't even be telling you this, but your math is all wrong.

Consider you and I and Mr. Goldstein Shekelberg are in a room, we each have 5 pieces of chocolate. Mr Goldstein Shekelberg suddenly wants *ALL* the chocolate (doesn't matter why) so he goes to you and starts offering you slowly increasing amounts of money until you sell him one of your five pieces of chocolate. You sell it for 10 USD. Now the market cap for all the chocolate is 10 * 15, aka 150 USD. As in how much it would cost AT CURRENT price to buy all the chocolate. The problem is the more Mr. Goldstein buys your chocolate, the more I think 'heyyy this might be worth something' so after Mr. Goldstein Shekelberg has finally paid you 100 USD for all your chocolate, he comes up to me, I say 'Listen Mr Goldstein, I'm not selling for a dime under 1k', so even though only a totaly of 110 USD was spent, the 'market cap' of all the chocolate is 1k * 15 = 15k.

The more bitcoin goes up in value, the more people are gonna realise bitcoin is deflationary, the world population is growing, and they don't want their grandkids getting sold into slavery. Don't forget the population is *increasing*, the limit price of BTC is *unironically* 10 USD per Satoshi.

>when 350x gains aren't enough

wut

I have 100k in BTC
hope it is not late for me senpai

okey doke

In case it wasn't clear, my point is that buying creates a fear of selling, people don't want to sell a hot commodity and risk not being able to buy back in. So for the market cap of BTC to go from 100 BN to 200 BN, only about 10 BN USD would actually need to 'enter' the market. A lot of people think market cap = how much money is IN the market right now.

when is the bitcoin fork?

The point is that the biggest gains in BTC are now undeniably behind it.

That's a milestone worth considering and this wasn't true last year. That's all I'm really trying to say.

See We know that. We get how market caps work.

Realize that you will not realistically get to that point.

Which one?

Bitcoin today is nothing at all of what was described in its whitepaper. Both of bitcoins.

They are pieces of shit, like gold, "muh value storge".

What will go 100 000x is the real bitcoin, its coming.

Most people are buying Bitcoin because it's physically deflationary with a brand. It's artificial but the deflationary part isn't artificial since it's immutable code.

But even that has some value so if it works and people are making money good.

fucking asshole.

the ones coming up you dipshit.

> What is BCC

>hurrdurr buy shitcoins

fuck off

for sure investing in btc now won't make you crazy rich, that ship has long gone, but it will make you gains

>ones

Well Segwit is on November 16th supposedly, BTC Silver is in December. I assume Bitcoin Bronze, Copper, Tin, Cadmium, Clay, Fluffy, Puffy, Spicy, Turquoise, 80's, 90's, Deathmetal, Chowder, Curry, Ravioli, Dental Floss, Wood Chips, Cardboard, and The Little Rascals are coming shortly thereafter

>Just keep your eyes peeled for a hot new emerging meme tech to invest in

I agree, and I would say that Machine Learning/ AI is going to be the next bubble. The only thing is all the money is in VC/ Private Equity where you need millions and millions just to get started. By the time the company IPOs, the VC has already sucked all the hype value from it.

The thing about BTC was that it was completely open, anybody could jump in at any point.

Does anyone have some ideas on how to find hot new emerging meme tech?

"immutable code" and 1 miner or gang of mining pool of 7 people, does not compute.

It already mutated to segwitcoin.

The mining centralization was not part of the whitepaper.

>350x return isn't much
What the fuck am I reading

Blockchain isn’t even close to hitting its stride in mass adoption yet. The public coin market is a circle jerk of token trading right now.

A bitcoin which can do 100 000tx/s, distributed so widely with so low fees even Africans can store their "dust" there.

Security model a slider, not merely SPV vs full node.

Both a storage of value and capable of sustained throughput - for an internet economy. Not mereley internet gold. Bitcoin is so slow to move so high fees.

That is gonna be a bitcoin killer.

Ps. It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.

its worth noting youre average retard doesnt have apple stocks.

apple stocks are somethingsomething trillion.

now imagine if any old cuck could purchase like 10-100$ of apple stock. thats bitcoin.

the point of buying/holding BTC now isn't for those insane multipliers, it's for the upward gains that have been proven to occur again and again.

Yea if you have $50 you aren't going to turn it into millions but if you're willing to invest $50k-100k into BTC now and ignore it for 2-3 years there's an extremely good chance you get at least a 20-30x and cash out a millionaire.

good post. this is definitely true. apart from flipping gains into BTC, small holdings of BTC is pointless

it all comes back to the real question again;

what is the next eth?

>The point is that the biggest gains in BTC are now undeniably behind it.

how do you know?

Bitcoin can go to millions or billions, there's no stopping it.

Sure, but bitcoin is still relatively predictable in it's movements and 70% profit in a month is still fantastic.

Buy my shitcoin bags I'm bleeding to death here: the post

Bitcoin

better than holding cash

also the fact there is a fuckload of btc that is lost. imagine how much btc was lost at the beginning when it was worth nothing. some kid wouldnt have thought twice about deleting his wallet file with 10k btc aka $1 to make room for cod4.

how many people would have deleted the whole bitcoin folder just to get rid of the chain taking their wallets with them?

hes right though m8

btc going to 1m would be 142x which is pretty good, but its not ridiculous like at the beginning where your making 1000x

most bizfags seem broke and would max put 5k into btc, 5k -> 710k is not life changing

>710k is not life changing
Is this a real fucking comment?

>5k -> 710k is not life changing
It most certainly fucking is.

>btc going to 1m would be 142x which is pretty good,

it could go to 1b tho

yeah but then the market cap looks like this:

Spoilt richfag.

710k would change my life.

>market cap

that isn't even a valid metric for currency.

Please understand that forks are your dreams come true. The price of BTC WILL dip down post fork. This allows you to increase your total BTC earnings thus amplifying the numbers you've outlined. Your example precludes that BTC only goes up from here with no dips to maximize profits. /thread

no.

listen to him if you like being caught in traps

definitely shit

Yeah if you buy bitcoin now you may as well just buy stocks.

Dumb?
80% returns doing nothing is unheard of. Even if you did buy with lunch money...

Put my savings into bitcoin and watch that shit passively grow.
I agree though, the ship has sailed for BTC but you can still ride the wave thats only going up

The 5+ teams competing to improve BCC/BCH have heard your ideas and approve.

i dont want to pay just for owning stocks

>The opportunity to double, triple, even quadruple your investment in the next couple of years is dumb

You’re retarded lmao. There’s no reason not to invest in bitcoin right now because it’s going up. Who cares if the returns aren’t literally insane? That’s not why people are investing. They’re investing because it’s going up and it’s projected to stay going up.

Yeah this is where I'm at now too.

I could easily throw in several thousand dollars into BTC right now, but I'd barely be a millionaire in the 0.00001% chance it becomes the new world currency.

To make it big in BTC right now at its current prices you need to invest tens of thousands of dollars and pray it doesn't crash. That's risky as fuck.

You guys freak out over these shitcoins going up 10x in value.

This thread is the perfect picture of millennial impatience.

Kids complaining that they can only make maybe 200%/yr off an investment instead of 20000%. Jesus christ.

To make it rich with anything you have to invest a shitposting of money and get lucky.

Do you think your pink wojak coin is going to moon like bitcoin? Are you out there buying lottery tickets with money you could be investing in bitcoin because the potential returns are higher? If you make a couple thousand dollars you can just invest that in somewhere else in 5 years and make even more money.

you still dont get the point. the banks and the ultra rich have disregarded the fundamental physics of the system they have used and abused.

all you have to do is look at the btc/eth ratio. it was at 0.15+, now it's 0.04, if you think its going to "correct" itself back up. then you shouldn't be in bitcoin but ethereum.

you could say the same for most other altcoins, but the vast majority of them have nothing worth pushing the price up for, and will get replaced by the next set of shitcoins to be released and gain all the speculators attention. at least ethereum has broken away from the market-cap wall placed between bitcoin and the rest of them

>only make about 350x returns

THIS.

Her twitter is not lewd at all except for this:

twitter.com/misato0305/status/888367603080495104

>this entire thread

None of you faggots have 7k liquid to buy one

Bitcoin will be at least 500k

100x is an amazing return

You're no coiners

>making 700k is pointless
Lol

You act like Bitcoin is a sure thing and altcoins are the only dangerous investment.

It's still very possible you lose nearly ALL your money investing in bitcoin. The risk factor for this entire market is off the charts, and it can't just be handwaved away because we've gone a long period without any particularly nasty crashes.

No you couldn't

Don't lie faggot

You're a no coiner

You have 800 dollars in your bank account

You buy ETFs and hope for 5% gains lol

Misato Shimizu - twitter.com/misato0305

Buying bitcoins and and don't give a fuck if you make profit you cunt. Fuck nocoiners.

Bitcoin is a much safer investment than 99% of all the scam ICO coins out there

>only 350X
>only

Out here in reality a 10% year over year gain is fairly fucking good, I imagine few people getting into btc right now expect a 350,000 percent return