Fork happens. Do you go into USDT or alts?

Fork happens. Do you go into USDT or alts?

usdt. when btc goes down everything else goes apeshit

alts duh, they are bound to go up. easy 90% gains.

I think going into USDT is way safer. You don't know which alts will moon so you are basically just gambling at that point, while you KNOW that Bitcoin will go down (for a while) and then go back to previous ATH sometime in the future. Sure you might x10 your stack if you are correct in predicting the right shitcoin that'll moon, but the chances of that are really low. I guess it all depends on how much you are willing to risk.

Depends. If we get similar news to the china event in september I'm shorting BTC and selling my holdings into fiat. If it's just a downtrend/small correction I'm heading into alts.

>easy 90% gains
wanna know how I know you're bad at math?

USDT is a ponzi scheme. your definition of "safe" is an affront to all reason.

alts OP. fuck tether. its going to die with Bitfinex.

The only reason I want to get into USDT is because it's way faster than transferring all my BTC and selling for actual dollars. Obviously I won't be holding it for long and I'll buy BTC as soon as I feel it had a nice drop.

we've heard it all before bitfinexed
USDT works perfectly fine in this case

All-in on Ark, probably. Tons of good news coming soon.

Just transfer to gdax and sell?

>just pay 30% tax

>paying taxes before transferring to bank
kek

Bitcoin Cash

Good luck with that, it might work, or you might get fucked in the ass later

I'm going ETH 5 days before the fork

safe until no one is left buys your tethers

I dont understand this fork, will I loose free b2x if i tether before the fork?

I was thinking about this - but what if ETH dips even lower?

Anything is possible. Everything I read tells me BTC dip is coming with the fork, and ETH has remained markedly stable. It's one if the primary media for transacting trades in other currencies, is the second largest in market-cap, is becoming more and more known each day. With the BTC surge lately, as new money has entered the market, new ETH accounts/wallets are opening quickly. To me, it seems more likely of an increase on ETH than not because of this, and it's not worth the risk to me to ride the fork on BTC. I think the fork dip will begin days before too, especially considering the possibility of exchanges getting bogged down with attempts to changes BTC into BCH and seg2x or whatnot. I don't know, I don't see a significant enough chance of a rise in BTC to justify the risk.

A lot of us don't understand the fork, including folks with a whole lot to lose, which is why I think we'll see a dip before the fork. For the new guys, ETH has seemed the "safest" bet compared to Alts. You'll see some experienced traders go to some alts, but the herd sees ETH's stability, and better chance of a rise, even if not to the moon. Worth i t to me to ride it out in ETH until we get our bearings

What day is the fork?

No, sell them straight for USD NOT USDT

November 16th. I got an email from Coinbase last night that they are going to give equal amount of BCT and seg2x to what you have in there 24 HOURS BEFORE the fork. Imagine the trade anarchy in BTC/Seg2x that day or the next day.

Eth's strength is as any currency, it's ubiquity. Every exchange has eth, even coinbase for the normies. It also has the trading pairs, usually half of btc, and twice the next most common shit coin.
ETH maintains it's price even after the Bitcoin bull, because it continues to develope. It's utility is steadfast.

I wouldn't expect huge gains from an ETH hold, but I also wouldn't expect a dip.
Heads you win, tails you don't lose.