Have you ever participated in politics except by casting a vote? Why not? Why yes...

Have you ever participated in politics except by casting a vote? Why not? Why yes? What kind of participation interests you and why?

Voting is the rock-bottom level of democracy.
And every social activity is political activity.

Now personally I've joined comittees, protests, helped organized strikes and actions, debated political opponents... Nothing much.

Was part of a communist outlaw group. Occupying houses and demonstrations and such.
We even founded a resource saving worker owned clothing factory. Not really factory as a size measurement but I don't know a better word.
It got dismantled over conflicts because the others wanted more money without doing much work, which incidentally also was the point I left communism.

I've participated in online debates.

>occupying houses

you mean you were living in a dilapidated shitholes until the new investor kicked you out

Nah it's still occupied. I left.

if it's occupied it's called being a nigger not a communist

>Have you ever participated in politics except by casting a vote? Why not?

Have never even voted.

The system and the people, to some degree, disgust me. I don't even agree with the constitution of my country and my views are so "extreme" here that there is no tangible support for them. Even when I've engaged people in debate over various subjects and leave them scratching their heads saying,"I hadn't thought of it like that before", they immediately just revert to their old viewpoints. Next time I see them they act like our conversation didn't even take place.

In short I gave up and view people like: as idealists that happen to share an already somewhat pervasive viewpoint in their society and mistake that for some sort of political change. In other words they're not actually changing anything, they're riding a preexisting wave of change.

I guess I have had a few anonymous essays published in my Uni paper. If that counts. Although they were critiques of the system and not constructive, so I personally don't count them.

Property is theft.

>people are not convinced by my arguments
>clearly people are to blame not my arguments

They're convinced that I make sense but it's hard to say no to "free" education and "safe" streets.

So the positives of the other viewpoint outweigh the positives of your side?
Man why do these sheeple act in their own interest

So you believe in no education and unsafe streets?

Yeah. It makes for a shitty slogan though.

No I believe that throwing riots and protests against a .5 cents (American) increase in university tuition is ridiculous and that the government has completely lost the ability to keep the streets safe. I believe that if the tuition were to universally rise to say, $100 USD a year not only would students be able to pay it but we would see a marked improvement in the facilities.

This thread belongs on /pol/, not Veeky Forums
Know the difference

>criticizes people who want change because their ideas are not completely alien to their societies

>believes, like millions of conservatives, that raising individual costs to enter the job market is a good idea

Are you really the same user

This isn't a Veeky Forums question. This specifically a /pol/ question.

>Have you ever participated in politics except by casting a vote?
No.
>Why not?
Too much effort required.
>What kind of participation interests you and why?
No kind of partecipation interests me, because I can't manage to give a shit about something as labour intensive as politics (even worse, social labour intensive, having to deal with people all day long) regardless of the reward.

Shush.

influencing the outcome is like winning the lottery so there is no point, it is better to just undermine the government