What's the next big play? Anyone know of any promising companies working in these spaces...

What's the next big play? Anyone know of any promising companies working in these spaces, particularly the ones towards the left? Let's get this dinero.

For reference: gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/top-trends-in-the-gartner-hype-cycle-for-emerging-technologies-2017/

And since this will be largely ignored because it doesn't say "BUY LINK", please notice that blockchain is a couple years from the trough of disillusionment. There's still money to be made, but I think we can go deeper...

You guys disappoint me.

4d printing wtf

"This emerging technology will allow us to print objects that then reshape themselves or self-assemble over time."

We're so fucked.

We can't even program a messenger backed with 60 million dollar what makes you think we could contribute through tokens to achieve what they propose

Since the computers came into existence humans have been trying to graph and predict outcomes by putting a number to infinitely complex systems.

I'm skeptical that this chart somehow perfectly represents human "hype".

Not everything needs to be tokenized. Not everything needs to be decentralized. There will be angel money, VC money, and eventually IPOs.

Big data is pretty effective at doing this. Companies are using big data to predict fashion trends at this point. Do you really think they can't create relatively valid indicators of hype cycles on emerging tech?

By the way, which messenger are you referring to? I think that slipped by me.

Was talking to a friend of mine, she's in a telecom masters program. She was explaining how 5g is being developed now (its like 4g cell network) and it will be the exclusive comm channel of the IoT (your smart appliances)

It's interesting to see Gartner label IoT as peaking in the shortish term, she said 5g is coming out next year or 2019, I forget.

So, it looks like IoT is definitely going to be a big thing -- how to make money?

Is there any reason to think that the current players in appliances like GE wont innovate and follow the IoT trend? It doesnt seem like the tech is so disruptive that some new player (like Musk with electric cars) will come along and take over the IoT space -- it seems like existing players will just innovate in the next logical and obvious direction...so to profit from IoT just buy the classics -- samsung, GE, etc.

I've actually been reading for a while that Nokia is one of the premier 5G infrastructure developers right now. I think the real money is getting into smaller companies that you expect to be acquired by your Samsungs and GEs.

I think there are good returns in the classics like you said, but we won't be getting filthy rich until we find small companies (which do exist in the publicly traded space) working in things like 4D printing and Smart Dust that will inevitably get acquired by Google.

By the way, Blockchain and IOT are both in the 5-10 year to plateau region. I don't think that's too farfetched. The space is developing quickly.

Dude, yeah good thinking...I guess finding those companies requires some internet sleuthing/classic investigating?

>blockchains not plateauing for another 5-10 years

/comfy/

IoT is 2-5

I'm not sure you understand the graph

Got a little cross-eyed for a second.

I'll start a new thread with research on leading companies that work in each of these spaces this weekend.

Maybe not, but its saying this isn't going to stop growing for at least another 5 years.

My man. There is a trough of disillusionment before the enlightenment and plateau. Remember that. The path is not linear.

Odn

ODN only fund-raised 1.56 million.

Which has happened like 5 times in the past year with bitcoin.

You're looking at micro time-scales, not macro.

Long term is still up even if we have another years long bear market.

ODN and BLOCK

Do your research. You will understand.

ETP

Lol, I'm already bag-holding ODN, but get the fuck out of here. This thread is to discuss non-crypto emerging tech opportunities that will make us millions.