Why did it steal all coast from Bosnia?

Why did it steal all coast from Bosnia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMe_kMnng_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because bosnia is shit of dog country

Its the other way around, the belly of croatia was stolen by ottoman turks. Also much of southern bosnia (herzegovina) bordering croatia is inhabited by croats

Except that Bosnia was an independent kingdom far earlier before the Turks rolled in. Even had its own Church that was seen as heresy.

There was a croatian kingdom far before a bosnian one and all the "bosnian" nobility came from croatia or serbia, in the earlier days more from croatia and after sigismund of hungary chimped out more from serbia.

>Bosnia was an independent kingdom
For less than a hundred years. Croats wanted a reconquest of Bosnia for centuries, but AH wanted to curb Croat nationalism and insisted on keeping Bosnia as a separate province.

William the Conqueror was a Norman. Doesn't change the fact that that he was the king of England.

It had little to do with the Hungarians trying to stamp out nationalism (especially considering that wasn't a thing in the 15th century) and more to do with Bosnia's geography making it naturally defensible and easier to manoeuvre around Serbia and Hungary.

Still ruled by Croatian nobility, therefore it was under Croatian rule making it bosnian only in name.

So I guess World War I was a civil war with Germany fighting themselves and the French on the Western front thanks to England being ruled the Saxon nobles of House Saxe-Coburg-Saalfield.

so on a side note... are (50ish) bosnians uninronically still Islamic or is that just a meme?

>that wasn't a thing in the 15th century
I disagree, and that line was me talking about AH annexing Bosnia, not the 15th century.

Bosnian war being some jihadist chimpout is a /pol/ meme to begin with. Bosniaks aren't fanatically religious, although there are some Saudi-funded extremist groups now.

Bosnia is literally a fake, entirely made-up non-country.

youtube.com/watch?v=EMe_kMnng_Q

no but im wondering if they identify as Muslims at all. like I see a handful of religious Bosnians here in Canada going to mosque but the vast majority seem to act atheist. of course this being only diaspora

that isn't how you spell the house of windsor sweetie

They do, but in the way most Croats are Catholic and most Serbs are Orthodox. They might go to church occasionally, but won't be very invested into practicing and knowing their religion. My grandmother was a Bosnian Muslim and celebrated Muslim holidays, but consumed pork and alcohol. Some will follow some traditions while essentially being agnostic.

Muslims in north america are, form my experience, the least religious and most reasonable religious people you will ever meet. You would never know they were Muslim if they didn't tell you (better than most Christians). My Arabic teacher in high school was a Moroccan Muslim and he was super chill. Everyone loved him and his class was always really laid back but informative.

>two Illyrians call each other not Illyrian
Why?

Commies gave them that land.

Neum corridor existed way before commies, if that's what you're aiming at. If you're suggesting that Dalmatia was not Croatian, seek therapy ASAP.

>If you're suggesting that Dalmatia was not Croatian, seek therapy ASAP

Psychosis, cognitive distortions and losing touch with reality are serious conditions. Dalmatia was the core of the medieval Croatian state.

Part of it yes, but not the whole thing.

t. SANU

Map is wrong. Serbshits only began appearing in Kosovo around the 12th century AD. Kosovo was never Serbian clay before 1100 AD!

What do we Albanians have to do with this thread you fucking amerimutt mongrel son of NIGGER womb?

Not sure if consuming too much vegan food or wearing too much 50s headwear.

Kek, why are you so mad?

Not until July 17, 1917, sweetie.

Oh, look. The war was being fought by that point!

Because declaring Bosnia's independence means they won't have a head on their shoulders

>exclaves

Muslims in NA don't force their wives to use blankets while in the streets?

>steal
The coast was never part of Bosnia or Herzegovina tho.

My gf is a Bosnian serb and her and her family said that when they left in 94 that the Muslims were hardly religious, and when you would walk down the street it more or less felt like a western country. Now, thanks largely to the Saudis, extremists have been bussed in who have started forcing most women into traditional Muslim garb, banning alcohol, and other tenets of sharia.

Croats are more intelligent than other Balks and needed it for trade with Venice. Bosnia didn't need seashore, they didn't know what to do with it, they want only hills for their goats.

>American education
It's an exclave, it's directly connected to the rest of the country.

Fuck, I meant it's NOT an exclave.

god is a Croat

No, they are basically atheists. The religion has made a comeback since the war, because many fanatical jihadis came to Bosnia as mujehadeen, and after the war the Saudis built a bunch of really ugly mosques and madrassas all over the place. But they still drink heavily and most of them don't know anything about their religion beyond not eating pork.

nice timed skips you have there Hrvoje

It didn't. Bosnia is historically Croatian

Bosnian Kingdom was ruled and inhabitated by Croats you dumb fuck

bosniaks started the early 90s with a muslim revival, as the war dragged on they became more and more extremist, ksa and Iran (for some reason, even though bosniaks are nominally Sunni) provided financial support and volunteers, I dunno how they are now but apparently KSA opened a huge mosque in Sarajevo that is pretty popular

they weren't completely motivated by Islamic extremism but there definitely was a strain of it there that is not to be completely discounted, izetbegovic himself wrote literature in the 70s saying muslims and Christians cannot live under the same state and did time in yugo prisons for it

Croats like Prijezda who converted to Bogomilism and married Elizabeth of Serbia? Or Ban Kulin who's wife's brother was Grand Prince Stefan Nemanja?

There's just as much Serbian blood that flowed through the Bosnian nobility's viens as there was Croat.

>Serbian """empire"""
>built on the corpse of fellow Orthodox Christians, the Byzantines, and some of their shittiest land too
>doesn't even own Belgrade

More of this?

>have only 20km of coasts for your whole country
>decide to use it for a fucking resort rather than a useful port

Who need Belgrade when you can have Skopje?

Hol' up

How rich/poor would Italy be today with that land?

Shkup is Albanian.

Everyone knows Skopia is Greek.

>Controls entire mid-section of the mediterranean with massive trade benefits and owning the Libyan oil-fields

Their income would be great but they would need a huge army to surpress the various people under their control. So that would probably create a break even cost wise.

This is meant for

Unfortunately not.
Priorities

>tfw Hungarian perfidy ruins your plans for Balkan domination

AH had multiply plans to incorporate Croatia as a third equal, so I don't think so. Croats were under the Hungarian crown but enjoyed total autonomous government and land.

Aren't you glad you weren't born in Bosnia? My hometown is fairly near the border and I sometimes think how worse my life would have been only a few thousand kilometers south. In Zagreb it's almost like western Europe anyway.

>Bosnia has anything it can export
>Bosnia has money to import stuff from non-shithole nations