I ruined my phone last night when drunk, and it had my Google authenticator on it

I ruined my phone last night when drunk, and it had my Google authenticator on it.

How fucked am I

BUMP

youre fine

most websites have a recovery system

i lost mine also and had to resend pretty much all my info to most exchanges i had 2FA enabled on but it worked out fine its just annoying to do it all again

contact the support email for whatever youre trying to access

You wrote down the backup key, right user?

just get the exchange(s) to disable 2fa its very easy and usually quick

You need to input your 2FA to disable it obviously.

If you are serious OP: you can use your secret code to renew the app on a different device. If you don't have the code you had better try and get the phone repaired as there is no there way.

I'm mainly worried about Bitfinex as that's where all my open positions are.

I have contacted them. Thanks for the response.

does sim-card still work

it does

can i ask what we should actually DO to prepare for something like this? what secrete code?

obviously i have them for my private wallets, but when it comes to exchanges what are we talking about

new phone use sim card

pretty sure google connects ur phone number to accounts

You back up all your private keys(if accessible), pass phrases and so on. I did not and am learning the lesson the hard way.

I have a position on Bitfinex that I can't close because I fucked up. Don't be me.

Abstaining from alcohol is the only 100% sure way to prevent something like this from happening

What if you just get a new iphone?

Anons, I didnt write down backups.
will i be locked out when I reset my codes?

I dont want to be a fuckup like OP

take a picture of the QR code when you enable Google Auth and print out a physical copy. If you ever lose your phone just scan the QR code and it'll come back. If you didn't take a picture of your current 2FA just disable 2FA and re-enable but take a picture of the QR code this time

You can anticipate the future by backing up all passwords, keys and everything in case you go off the rails and fuck everything up.

But never trade drunk. Worse than driving drunk because you will live afterwards and want to kill yourself instead of actually dying.

t. functional alcoholic

Just don't take the picture with your phone...

take a picture with phone print it out it's not that hard user

There is a 16 digit code that corresponds to your authenticator app. I have yet to see an exchange that doesn't tell you to back it up. You can see it in the 2fa settings when you log in (provided you actually can).
You wont. To change the code, you disable and re-enable 2fa at which point they'll present you with a new code. It's the same one you use to make the authenticator item.
See above: Go into your exchange's 2fa settings and save a picture of the QR or write down the raw code

On the night at beach alone I through my telephone into the sea and now I see that I was woke.