Why were Persians so weak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CeJ2H3riw4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>were
Are.

youtube.com/watch?v=CeJ2H3riw4M

Maratha stronk

They were too civilized and benevolent for their own good. Xerxes should've genocided Greek boyfuckers completely

He tried, he razed Athens

Those who were weak because of training and nutrition; those who were strong because of training and nutrition.

> Burning Athens is the same as destroying the Greeks
lul

Then ordered it rebuilt the next day.

This is correct. They weren't willing to rule malevolently it seemed.

Cyrus successfully conquered Babylon so not too bad I would think

They were too pure for this world.

>Controls the middle east
What did you say?

Too powerful and rich for too long. Easy life made them lazy and weak.

They weren't they did however let anyone join their military while Greeks preferred people with citizenship.

I wouldn’t say they were weak. They had the worlds largest empire up until that point and were able to unite wisely disparate cultures stabley. That’s something that Alexander and his Diadochi later failed to do.

decadence and corruption from the medians

They weren’t. They just live in the center of Eurasia so they have to deal with crazy Arabs from the south, egomaniacal Euros from the West, brutal steppe tribes in the North, and spiteful Asians and Indians in the East.

You don't get powerful and rich without being strong and you don't maintain it without strength...

Persia was one of the strongest empires in history, even more so considering their geographical placement. They had enemies on all sides yet steamrolled anyone that fucked with them. Even the Greeks (except their navy) just for the lols, they didn't even want to rule over those poor homos.

>Persia was one of the strongest empires in history, even more so considering their geographical placement.

Fucking THIS. Half of their country is either mountainous and much of the rest is arid. The only ideal place in terms of both terrain and weather is the lowlands north of Alborz. They don't even have any major rivers unlike Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China, etc. While ancient Persia is not the same as modern Iran, a lot of development and civilization came from this place even before Cyrus. It's pretty damn impressive

That is why they invented irrigation.

I don't get this obsession with the fucking Achaemenid and Greek wars. It's not important to Western history at all, in fact it's not relevant to either the Mid East or Europe when we viewed historically. You want to know what's relevant? The Sassanian-Roman wars. Heraclius was a monster who was pretty much the Jihadist version of Christcuck, who burned Zoroastrian fire temples and weakened Iran to the point Arabs could invade. Alexander was nowhere near that level of brutality.

Byzantines are culturally important to modern West. Don't you have a dead Jew's dick on a cross to go suck while victimizing yourselves?

>>Don't you have a dead Jew's dick on a cross to go suck while victimizing yourselves?
This board is full of atheists and polytheists who outright hate any and all things christfag. You're barking up the wrong tree with this sort of comment.

What out when Alexander's men burned Persepolis to the ground?

The Persians deserved it for constantly launching attacks against the eastern Roman Empire and by forcing Christians in Persia to separate from the universal church and abusing armenians(not even Iranians) to convert to nonsense fire worship.

Byzantium would have been better of Khosrau II captured Constantinople and slaughtered the Christian clergy.

>forcing Christians in Persia to separate from the universal church

They had to condemn St. Nestorius or they would have disunited anyway.

There's actually a completely scientific explanation for the Persians being so weak.
>I saw a strange thing on the site of the battle, of which the people of the country had told me. The bones of those killed on either side in this fight lying scattered separately (for the Persian bones lay in one place and the Egyptian in another, where the armies had first separately stood), the skulls of the Persians are so brittle that if you throw no more than a pebble it will pierce them, but the Egyptian skulls are so strong that a blow of a stone will hardly crack them.
>And this, the people said (which for my own part I readily believed), is the explanation of it: the Egyptians shave their heads from childhood, and the bone thickens by exposure to the sun.
>This also is the reason why they do not grow bald; for nowhere can one see so few bald heads as in Egypt.
>Their skulls then are strong for this reason; while the Persian skulls are weak because they cover their heads throughout their lives with the felt hats (called tiaras) which they wear. Such is the truth of the matter. I saw too the skulls of those Persians at Papremis who were killed with Darius' son Achaemenes by Inaros the Libyan, and they were like the others.

The Persians promoted separation because they wanted to separate the Mesopotamian and Persian church from the see of Antioch.

They even commissioned a Nestorian school of theology.

Can you imagine being this retarded? You already know if you're an anime poster.

>complaining about anime on a Rangoon Radioplay Relaychat
Kill yourself you retarded Persiaboo.

Heraclius had no business winning that war but he did anyways, because Persia was eternally cucked by Rome. Fuck off.

I hope Iranians make a 300-inspired film depicting Byzantines as a bunch of demonic savages who jerk off to images of Christ. Since 300 was historically inaccurate, I think we'll add scenes of the Byzantines butt-fucking the Arabs as they both worship their shitty Abrahamic Gods. The noble Persians will be watching in fright as they behold the Ahrimanic subhumans.

You guys would have been better off finished with scaphism. Go jerk off to Jesus a bit more. Maybe one of these days you'll get the crucifixion you so deeply desire.

Imagine being this mad

>"gomplete shientifix explanshun xd"
>proven correlations between anime posters and low intelligence
Your post is additional proof of this.

>Conquer the entire middle east.
>Weak.

You miserable dingus

Is it true that durring that time, Persians didn't any cavalry?

There were subjugated by the BMP (Big Macedonian Penis)

>spiteful Asians and Indians in the East.
both of these groups had excellent relations with the Persians.

Over luxurious and comfortable life, hedonism, promiscuity...etc do corrupt people's minds and bodies, I can't believe people who like to study history still fail or refuse to see that, this is hilarious, almost pathetic....

Maybe it's because it jeopardizes some folks' ideology...

Persians always were these faggy soy boys who liked to dance around and drink and eat and wear colorful fabrics and talk about science

Arabs were always the badass hardcore spartan mother fuckers who liked to ride horses, fight, take care of their swords, form clan rivalries, and fuck their harems of conquered underage girls and boys

The moral decay narrative is just that, a narrative, and a XVIIIth century-tier one.

>Le hard times make stronk men historiography.
Babby tier as fuck.

In addition the Persian Empire didn't rest comfortably either considering they were surrounded by problems such as Iranic Steppenigger Barbarians, Greek Faggotry & Intrusion, and Satrapal Game of Thrones dickery.

Kurush tried

>"It is almost a law of history that the same wealth that generates a civilization announces its decay. For wealth produces ease as well as art; it softens a people to the ways of luxury and peace, and invites invasion from stronger arms and hungrier mouths."

Durant, Will. Our Oriental Heritage: The Story of Civilization, Volume I

By the time of their conquest by Macedonian Greeks, the Persians were like the white people of the modern West. Too used to a life of hedonism and luxury to fight, a civilization ripe for conquest.

What is remarkable is that Persian culture reached such a high level of sophistication that even conquering people ended up adopting it. Greeks, Parthians, Arabs, Turks and Mongols, all ended up adopting Persian culture. I wonder if our black conquerors will adopt white culture in the future, somehow I doubt it.

Is there any proof of average persian soldier being able to lead his life on the way of hedonism and promiscuity?

>By the time of their conquest by Macedonian Greeks, the Persians were like the white people of the modern West. Too used to a life of hedonism and luxury to fight
By the time of their conquest by Macedonian Greeks, the Persian Empire just experienced.
>The Spartan Invasion by Agesilaus.
>Egyptian Revolt
>The Satrap's War in which Anatolian Satraps rebelled against the king due to a local succession dispute.

Along with shitfights in the border and troublesome succession disputes at court.
All problems the Persians managed to deal with via military campaigns and adroit diplomacy.

Is there any proof of "average persian soldiers" being able to lead his government and country back then?

/thread

And these insurgents along with Persian rulers' luxurious and decadent life just made them weaker and an easy prey for new invaders. No contradiction.

>promiscuity
>persians
wtf are you talking about

>They had enemies on all sides yet steamrolled anyone that fucked with them.
You mean they had enemies on all sides that periodically took over the country becoming a new dynasty that kept the vestiges of persian culture.
Not to mention that they routinely got rekt in wars fought outside of the Zagros, like the romans kicking them around in Mesopotamia every other war in spite of the massive logistic advantage parthians and sassanids had.

You know Chinese love history just like Westerners and most civilizations, there are several old Chinese sayings like these: "生於憂患死於安樂";"嬌生慣養"; "養尊處優";...etc. I kinda wonder if Western cultures have similar proverbs? Maybe they or (You) did have, just long forgotten intentionally.

>Macedonia
>Greek
Sweetie...

>And these insurgents along with Persian rulers' luxurious and decadent life just made them weaker and an easy prey for new invaders.
The Satraps personally fought in battle, sweetie.

Also, regarding the last Achaemenid King:
>Artashata was the son of Arsames, son of Ostanes; and Sisygambis, daughter of Artaxerxes II Mnemon. He had distinguished himself in a combat of champions in a war against the Cadusii[3] and was serving at the time as a royal courier.[4] However, prior to being appointed as a royal courier, he had served as a satrap of Armenia.[5][6] He may have been promoted from his satrapy to the postal service after the ascension of Arses, for he is referred to as one of the king's "friends" at court after that occasion.[6]
Yeah, a battlefield runner and a cunt who did champion combat.

>"""history""" board
>regurgitate idiotic enlightenment ideas of decadence as a reason for why civilizations fall

Intellectual laziness.