Africans colonizing

Why is it not said that africans colonized parts of the world when their diaspora is so widespread globally. Europeans claim to have colonized africa, but more Africans live in Europe than the other way around.

Finally, a good thread

Because living in a place isn't the same as colonisation.

>their diaspora is so widespread globally.
They're widespread only in the Americas.

all these threads about africans are giving me jungle fever

It's not colonization, there's no power imbalance.

>Europeans claim to have colonized africa, but more Africans live in Europe than the other way around.
True but I don't see Europe really becoming culturally African.

Have you ever been to a nightclub?

France

/thread

Nope.

Settling is the very definition of colonization unless the definition has been changed? A better descriptor for what Europeans did would be "influenced", but white seem to have a complex so feel the need to push and implicative narrative of domination even where there is none.

>more Africans live in Europe than the other way around.
Actually it's pretty much the same number.

The European/African split is a false dichotomy. These are one people with a largely shared culture and heritage

Africans colonized two South Asian Islands in the most literal sense but also yes Africans and afro-descendants were part of a mostly forced colonization process

No. Why? Do DJs play djembes or speak Swahili now? Do they serve kumi kumi at the bar?

it's unironically the new yellow fever

Pretty much all popular music besides country is derived from African music, I’m assuming that’s what he’s talking about.

Colonization implies that a foreign group establishes itself as the dominant population of an area through force. Some African people moving in next door is not the same as soldiers showing up and telling you that you are now a subject of the British Empire.

Black American music =/= African music

Is this pic from Afrobeat? Fun music festival, I doubt any of you would go though it’s probably too much for y’alls social anxiety

>new
out in the real world people have been fucking attractive women regardless of their skin color since the dawn of humanity. hell often they don't even have to be attractive, just willing or available without consequence. there's a reason over 30% of blacks in the US are descended from white males siring mixed children during the slavery era.

literally any and every music festival in the real world would be too much for your average channer's anxiety, and I'm sure that one is no different.

>establishes itself as the dominant population of an area through force
thats not true. People moving to another place and replacing the original population is colonization.

800 million white Europeans are by replaced by 8 million Africans?

Yeah, I know that feel too

Africans have been one of the biggest colonisers in history. The 'Bantu Trek' where they displaced Bushmen and took over the entire Southern Africa.

A plague spreading across the globe is not the plague colonizing the globe. Birds migrating =/= birds colonizing.