Tfw you realize the world doesn't necessarily get's better with time

There is a common held belief that things get better in general with the passage of time, that the future is always better than the past.
After studying history you realize that is bullshit.
Yeah, the world gets perhaps more technologically advanced but necessarily better.
For instance rome was a republic then became a dictatorship.
In Europe the past was better, now it's full of arabs, you can't walk the street there anymore without being stabbed/run over/ raped.
The 90's was cooler and better times than now imo.
The whole friggin dark ages, a 1000 years who were much worse than the glory of the Roman Empire on all it's bathhouses, and beautiful cities.
And we can all die in a nuclear war tomorrow and the world will revert to the stone age, so really this bullshit that the future is always better is nonsense.

Ok, thanks for ignoring my thread everyone.
It feels good for your thread to be ignored like that and have 0 replies.

> The 90's was cooler and better times
Depends on the country.

I am talking anout the US in here.
The 90's were definitely cooler than now.
Also in Europe,

>you can't walk the street there anymore without being stabbed/run over/ raped.
You can though. 99.99% of people do it every day.
The future isn't necessarily better obviously, but you're currently living under the best standards in human history by most metrics. Living in Rome might have been cool but you don't have a sense of the bigger picture when you are inside of something. Also you wouldn't have wanted to be on Carthage around 150BC, or basically anywhere but Rome. Even within Rome you were a broken leg or nasty cut away from dying in agony.

> Grug Tier
The world doesn't necessarily get's better with time
> Enlightened Tier
Even if the world gets's better, the human's conditions aren't.

Why do bitter losers flock here? It seems like you are attempting to cultivate negative sentiment for sinister reasons.

Whoa what a shocker. I think this is something most here realize. For progress to happen and for it to be maintained requires continious effort. Nothing should really be taken for granted.

>implying the existences of non-humans are improving

>The 90's was cooler and better times than now imo.
Nostalgia is bad for you.

Also, its not the world not getting better, its that you got worse. Your memory, your body, your mind. So you believe yourself to be static and think the world got worse instead.

Think about it.

>The modern political climate is so toxic that it does away with the massive advances in human benefit caused by the agricultural and industrial revolutions
>The absolute state of brainlets

I realized that when I saw the nigger birth rates in Africa.

>nuclear war
>revert to the stone age
How do you even manage to power up your computer, you brainlet shit. An all out nuclear exchange won't even kill a billion people, all aftermaths considered.

haha what do you mean that the negroes are having more children than in the past?

If you want to do something about it, donate condoms and birth control pills to Africans, and their populations will level out at a lower number

No, they're actually having slightly fewer children overall. Birth rates may be high, but they're still declining. It's just that most of them survive to adulthood these days unlike in the past.

The birth rate remains the same and that's a problem since less niglets are dying from disease and starvation.

Haha you guys made me spill my drink.
Good point.
In short the future is not always better.

Except that we live in better times than ever, objectively speaking. More people today have clean water, electricity, housing, functioning sewage systems, etc by a huge margin. Also, because of the stage that capitalism is at, most 1st world citizens can choose any career they want without risking losing the basic necessities I talked about above. That's a huge achievement.

That being said, I don't think that material goods and objectively better physical conditions have a correlation to humanity's well being. And if you think the same, you shouldnt say that rome was great because of fucking bath houses and big cities or that the dark ages were worst because they lacked both of those things.

Maybe the people living during the dark ages had a better, more fulfilling life than the average roman citizen. And maybe the average roman citizen had a better, more fulfilling life than we do.

Sub-saharan Africa:
>in 1950: 200 million
>in 2017: 1 billion
>in 2050: 2 billion
There are people that will tell you this is completely normal. G*d bless Gates for his vaccine sterlilization campaign.

>The 90's was cooler and better times than now imo.
Remember Bobby's World? It was a good show.

The thing is after a nuclear attack you can recover.
If you have a city overrun by niggers like Detroit, it will never improve.

Racism is against global rule 3, please delete your post.

So facts are racist now? The sjw insanity knows no limits.

Your use of a racist epithet is.

remember legends of the hidden temple? playing n64 at your cousins house and only sharing one controller? truely the height of human history

>Russia
>Balkans

>yugoslavia constitutes the entirety of the balkans
The 90s were pretty good, actually. I remember hearing when an off-course AGM-88 HARM fell 2km from where I live in 1999. Shit was fucking cash.

Friendly reminder that the reason of Veeky Forums getting worse isn't mostly fault of brainlets like op but the people replying to it

What's the problem with OP's post?

>redefine "betterness"
>live happy

>In Europe the past was better, now it's full of arabs, you can't walk the street there anymore without being stabbed/run over/ raped.
Go outside for once in your life and stop basing your world view off /pol/ news article screenshots

>falling for the Whig history meme

>tfw you realize the world doesn't necessarily get's better with time
>I am talking anout the US in here.

Have you tried sharing an opinion that wasn't completely fucking stupid?