Thoughts on the Golden Age of Piracy?

Thoughts on the Golden Age of Piracy?

Overly romanticised i guess

Pirate ship attacking VOC galleon.
Not very likely

It didn't last long enough.

Anglo pirates were the best, I especially liked the Anglo navy vessel that spontaneously went rogue, was chased all the way to India then plundered a Mughal fleet sailing to Mecca. Imagine the look on their faces as all their coveted jewels they taxed from the peasants were stolen and their women consented to take their burkhas off and be taken away by tall muscular Anglos!

t. Philip V

This.

Based.

They were communists violating the NAP. There is nothing to celebrate

>read this
>it has an appendix about how the narrator is outraged at the Portuguese for allowing "negro Catholic priests" in São Tomé and Principe

Top Kek

Piet Heyn

Simon de Danser

Roc Brasiliero

This. Any opportunity to cuck spain's dominance was absolutely justified.

Never mentioned:

Muslim pirates depopulating the entire italian, french and Spanish mediterrean coast, kidnapping all women and children into white slavery and castrating the males

Moroccan pirates enslaving whole Dutch towns and even attacking Iceland for white slaves.

The english weren't even the best, only one time in two and a half centuries was the spanish treasure fleet completely captured and it was by the dutch.

Alpha muslim cucking Europe for centuries

> Moroccan pirates
The ones who proudly allied themselves with the USA for centuries.

Based muslims

Weren't they just cabin boys that ran cargo and lived terribly unhealthy lives.

>Americans and their allies seek to destroy the European race
Of course.

there was actually lots of europeans among muslim pirates

are you implying muslims aren't european you racist nazi pig?

>Alpha muslim cucking Europe for centuries
it goes on, too

>Moroccans are considered "white" on consensus just because they acknowledged Thirteen Colonies two hundred years ago
Really makes me think

>ywn capture british ship, brutally massacre all the anglo crew and make captain of the ship(rich noble anglo whig) become your personal butt slave.
I've missed out on life...

>Golden Age of Piracy
>live on nothing but salt dried jerky and stale bread for 8 months
>develop scurvy
>die

Literally the age that caused the rise to dominance of the RN.
When Anglo pirates had all but plundered the great merchant ships of the Dutch and Spanish empires, there was only one trading power remaining, England.

It must have been bad to the anglos see the almighty spanish empire while you were living in garbage.

No, it was opportunity

>allied
More like US decides to pay tribute to them.

*bowls*
*btfo Spaniards*

Francis Drake is literally best historical smug chad.
Eternally BTFOs the Spanish and is one of the most successful 'privateers' in history

>everyone says they should build bigger ships in order to compete with the Spanish
>drake convinces the court to build narrower through sheer charisma alone
>Armada arrives whilst Drake is playing bowls with his bruhs
>finishes and wins the game despite the desperation of the messengers and Effingham
>terrorises the Spanish
>never gives them the autistic satisfaction of a huge battle
>armada destroyed Philip II orders new fleet to be built
>singeing of the King of Spain's beard
>destroys everything, 100 plus ships
>does this all after bringing the potato back to Europe and taking California for the English and circumnavigating the globe
>such a chad people think he is shagging the queen
>basically says she's too ugly and says she's a virgin for a fucking reason
>becomes privateer
>mercilessly destroys Spanish ships
>pisses them off so much they put £6 million bounty on him
>nicknamed 'The Dragon'
>becomes semi-mythical figure despite having no title
Yeah he's as Chad as you can get

There's a folk tale about his drum where it is said that if England is in trouble, strike the drum and Drake will descend from heaven to utterly destroy the threat to England

barbary pirates>vikings>>>>west indies pirates

>Moroccan pirates enslaving whole Dutch towns
source?
I know the guy that attacked iceland was a Dutch convert.

Most successful pirate in history was Bartholomew Roberts (Black Bart) and he was west Indies pirate. Over 400 ships captured

BECAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARRRRRGH A PIRATE

>Source
I wish his statement was an exaggeration, though it did depend on the size of the town and the size of the attacking fleet (how much people they can load)
Barbary pirates, with their colorful vessels, carved flint lock pistols and their iconic curved swords, and baggy clothing, didn't raid for loot, they had rich turkish patrons who would buy the slaves from them, the women had the highest price, the children sometimes were left to live (they are worthless in the slave market) and the men were often castrated (not as much as negros, because Europeans were more civilized, would cooperate et cetera).
They would load their ships to full capacity with slaves, this trade was so lucrative than even rulers of North African kingdoms/sultanates, and Ottoman client rulers got into it.

Also inb4 "Cheng I Sao"
She inherited her pirate navy

But wypipo are ebil

>Most Successful
Another Anglo "big word" history, the "GREAT HEATHEN ARMY".
Barbary pirates won impossible victories against European navies, they had shit cannons and relied mostly on boarding, they had fanatical mercenaries, in the end, European nations, with the help of the United states ganged up on the pirates and finally stopped them, west indies pirates were much smaller a threat

This is literally baseless denial of the achievements of black bart.

>the USA is only allowed to have white allies
>the post you replied to said nothing about whiteness
Why is pol unable to read a fucking sentence properly?

>the bigger the fleet the better the pirate
Black Bart may have had a large fleet, but that's nothing, as I said, barbary pirates were not common pirates, one of them, for example was the Queen of Tetuan (North Morocco or Algeria), she could literally order whatever number of ship she wanted, she had both the economy and the resources (Riffian timber) Western Indies pirates were led by cut-throats, barbary pirates in comparison were much more dangerous because their leaders literally had their own kingdoms.

You said it yourself, barbary pirates were born with a silver spoon in their mouths
Golden age pirates were literally poor welshmen that achieved huge success through sheer brilliance

So did they have shit for supplies and fanatical mercenaries or powerful civilization leaders at the prow of a rich, elite force that could afford to take losses?
You’re not exactly clear

The only reason they had the support of the local rulers was because they were so successful, I'm talking to you while assuming you have a general idea of the enterprise that was barbary piracy.
Mauresian pirates raided Mediterranean villages even before Rome was a republic, barbary piracy describes the sudden expansion of this endeavor and the later involvement of people with large influence in North Africa, Anatolia and the middle-east.
Barbary pirates fought naval battles on a completely different scale, they fought Europeans on their own waters, west indies pirates basically ganked isolated ships far away from home, this was basically Black Bart's entire strategy, Barbarossa was a much better pirate.

Daily reminder The immortal spaniard is invencible

Britbongs fear the Iberian

*Chuckles in English*

>Golden Age of Piracy
Lasted barely a few decades and were shit-small enterprises.

Meanwhile during the same period, Japanese and Chinese pirates were sailing in hundred ship fleets and pulling off shit like seizing entire colonies for their kleptocratic kingdoms.

I want to know what dutch towns they raided faggot.

Not doubting you, but provide a source please.