Where did it come from?

Where did it come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udi_people
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/murrmë
fjalorshqip.com/
google.ie/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=Gjaktrazim&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=k_KSWqjwGcH3gQaAya64Cg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The larynx

>inb4 serbs claim it was a vatican invention

From Albania.

A Turk's dirty asshole.

Can we please have an actual discussion

It is an IE language native to albania. 70% of the vocabulary are slavic, turkish and italian loanwords

Really difficult

Mix of Turks, Slavs, Illyrian and Greeks.

A pidgin language developed between paleo-Balkan Illyrian/Tracian/Dacian and Latin under heavy Slavic, Greek and later Turkish influence.

It's just loanwords skewered into an orc speak for tribes and clans

I googled and couldnt find any reliable sources regarding Albanian having >50% loanwords.

Albany

Greek language came from Ukraine(Multi-cordoned Ware who were evicted by Srubna). Since Greek and Albanian are not related it's origin must be further to the west, probably around Hungary.

>Since Greek and Albanian are not related
Aren't both Indo-European, while Hungarian is Uralic (related to Finnish)

Hungarian language arrived in Hungary in the late 1st millenium AD.
Before that it was inhabited by a multitude of different Indo-European peoples since 3000 BC.

I see
I guess it kinda makes sense since some Toponyms in Carpathians arerelated to Proto-Albanian, and Romanian has the most loanwords from Albanian

Mix of Dacian+Illyrian+Roman with a shared ethogenesis zone with the romanians

Don't listen to any of these fools, it derives from Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Hell, just like Albanians and Eastern europeans in general

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It originated from that planet they visit in the Prometheus movie. Ask any Albanian and he can literally translate the proto-indoeuropean the aliens speak in that movie.

ALBA

from God.

S I S T E R F U C K I N G

>the word for sister derives from the PIE word for mother

The bin, just like the country.

ukraina
hohol mafia

>albanians
>eastern europeans

It has very few Turkish loan words at least compared to Serbian and Greek unironically. The most well used word is "yo" which derives from the Turkish "yok" meaning no.

>yo" which derives from the Turkish "yok" meaning no.
Yeah no, it was used before turks even arrived

From somewhere near Armenia.

Albanian loanwords aren't simple to pinpoint and are hard to count because they are deformed/mutilated to fit the language. Albanian is heavily composed from Latin, Greek, Slavic and Turkish loanwords.

you are all extremely retarded and/or autistic.

>Illyrian
love this meme

I wouldn't be surprised if albanians unironically are descended from southern Illyrians, since Illyrians were barbaric savages so it would make sence.
I also kind of hope their language did survive to modern age.

Well it's IE language, besides that no one knows. Origin of Albanians is contentious too.
I personally don't believe they are Illyrian descendants, at least not directly (they are clearly native genetically, but so is everyone else in Balkans).
I think they were some small tribe that migrated to Balkans during or after Slavic invasions, and kind of went about unnoticed until later.

Descended from a PaleoBalkanic language that is known

>Albanian is heavily composed of loanwords

[citation needed]

We were here before the Slavic migrations and it's proven by paternal ancestry of Albanians. More than half of south Slavs males descend from forefathers from Ukraine and Belarus that arrived here in between the 6th-8th century. Before some one says it, Haplogroup I2a1 isn't a native Balkan haplogroup as there is no evidence of ancient samples in the western Balkans. Meanwhile pic related.

Balkan natives, came with Indo-Europeans like Greeks and Italics. And "Illyrians" weren't even a singular people, but was used as a catch-all term for various ethnic groups in the Western Balkans. Liburni and Dalmatae, for example, were culturally different peoples.

The area of modern-day Northern Albania was referred to as Illyria Proper, though.

They are what yugos would be if they didnt get culturally and genetically enriched by slavs.

There's a difference between original Albanians who would have been the same race as Celts and Germanics and the modern, Balkan Albanians.

why do people assume Albanians are shitskins like their southern neighbours? Most are fair skinnned and have light brown hair and minority light blue eyes. They look whiter than Italians for sure. Guess the memes on Albanians are too strong.

This. It just shows the obvious, Veeky Forums is full of neets who dont leave their house. I live in an area with a shitton of kosovo albanians, the vast majority are white. A minority has more greek/oriental features. (Mostly southern albanians)

Caucasus Albania

Calm down Tonibler

Those guys are the last Christians in Azerbaijan. Based.

It actually is, they have no word for incest and they say "bojë kafe" for brown which is literally composed of two loan words from different origins.

You gonna provide an actual argument against it?

HOTT

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udi_people
Damn son, these Kavkazians cling on to their Christian faith for millenia while surrounded by crazy roaches while the "European" turds of the Balkans happily convert to Islam in a couple of centuries.
How could such a massively superior people have anything to do with Balkan turds?

[citation needed]

boje kafe is a loanword , but is not the only word for ``brown``

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/murrmë

Even Greek uses kafe for brown, but uses the native word too

>words for incest in albanian: incest, gjaktrazim
>gjaktrazim: Etymology Possibly from Serbo-Croatian drážiti(“stir, tease, irritate”).Verb trazoj(first-person singular past tense trazova, participle trazuar) I stir, mix up, tease, irritate
>bojëkafe: Noun bojëkafe brown(colour)
>From Ottoman Turkish بویا(boya,“paint, dye, color”)
>borrowed from the Ottoman Turkish kahve, in turn, borrowed from the Arabic qahwah

>It is assumed that Greek and Balkan Latin(which was the ancestor of Romanian and other Balkan Romance languages) had exerted a great influence on Albanian.
>After the Slavs arrived in the Balkans, the Slavic languages became an additional source of loanwords. The rise of the Ottoman Empire meant an influx of Turkish words; this also entailed the borrowing of Persian and Arabic words through Turkish. There is also use of some Turkish personal names such as Altin. Some loanwords from Modern Greek also exist especially in the south of Albania. A lot of the borrowed words have been re-substituted from Albanian rooted words or modern Latinized (international) words.
But no dont mind that you wuz pure ancient Illyrian aryan propagators of civilization and unlimited wisdom

it's spelled as jo

>>words for incest in albanian: incest, gjaktrazim
No, that word doesnt exist in the albanian dictionary
fjalorshqip.com/
Try putting gjaktrazim in the searchbar

>autist on Veeky Forums thinks he's a linguist
>never provides a source for his claim that Albanian is mostly made of loanwords

Google is your friend, user
google.ie/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=Gjaktrazim&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=k_KSWqjwGcH3gQaAya64Cg

first post best post

Probably because there's no official count, however, on my previous post, the source clearly states
>had exerted a great influence on Albanian.
I was in this thread a few months back with some albos and they were talking about loan words and shit and it kept popping up that basic words were borrowed, especially from Italian

Never in the world is 70% of the vocabulary slavic turkish and italian. I speak albanian myself (but the Gheg dialect) and I have to say, a lot of the vocabulary is turkish and some of it is slavic (but note: for every ''slavic'' word I use there's it's albanian counterpart). As for Italian, I guess the Tosk dialect has more italian loanwords but not to that 70% extent.

Even gjakprishje( literally blood spoiling) means incest
Your point?
Albanian modern dictionary of 1985 shows that less than 30% of Albanian root words are loanwords.

>Albanian modern dictionary of 1985 shows that less than 30% of Albanian root words are loanwords.
Source that please, including the number of words

>great influence
>must mean everything is composed of loanwords

This is how I know you're autistic. Still no source and without sources you shouldn't be sticking to your claims if you can't prove it.

As an albo, I must say I borrow some serb words but anyway, those basic words borrowed have a synonym in actual albanian. Root words aren't loanwords

>>must mean everything is composed of loanwords
I never said this

shut up

You implied it.

why is everyone on this thread talking about loanwords you fuckers act like your language is totally isolated and hasn't been under the influence of neighboring languages. of course albanian has a lot of loanwords it literally was under the ottoman empire for 500 years

How much? and [citation needed].

No i didnt wtf
No

The thing is that if you take into consideration all Albanian dialects, you have a non-loanword synonym in one dialect for a loanword in another dialect, so it is hard to determine if you should include that loanword, when a non-loanword synonym for it exists

>being this retarded

What the fuck is this loanword meme. Turks keep saying the same shit about Kurds when its not true. I suppose its the same with serbs and albanians.

Why are you attacking me for no reason

>I was in this thread a few months back with some albos and they were talking about loan words and shit and it kept popping up that basic words were borrowed, especially from Italian
Thats the crime of Modern Standard Albanian language
Our rilindas national writers unironically purified our language by using words like ``Sasinjehje`` for Mathematics or ``Dhematje`` for Geometry
The pure words are there, they just arent being used

Pic related is Vithkuqi script btw

This
I hate communists SO FUCKING MUCH

barnatore, asht, pikas, and shit are still being used

All left still are used, but not in Standard language

Hell, crafted by Satan himself, just as he also fathered the first Albanian by having sex with a pig.

>barnatore not being the standard word
I really wanna kill myself what the fuck is wrong with commies

Its funny how T*Ranacucks make fun of Kosovo Albanians, despite the fact they are the only ones that care to use pure words

literally tosk being the standard albanian is a mistake

Tosks aren't real Albanians tbqh.

They are

then it just proves my point. gheg albanian should be standard. but wait why aren't tosks real albanians?

Tosks are part Greek and Vlach. They also scoffed at canun of leke dukajini hence why they are mixed with orthodogs.

Because Kanun of Leke is a law of Northern Albania

Southerns had the Kanun of Laberia