World Control

- Bitcoin has like 15 core developers and take a bunch of open source pull requests.
- Ethereum is similar.
- Dash is even smaller.
- Projects like Neo or Ark has a few core developers and some open source work.
- Most coins (e.g. Chainlink), i.e. about 1000 of the blockchain projects out there, have 2 to 5 developers behind them.

Most blockchain projects rely on code such as the LevelDB database, written by Google.
You think Google, IBM etc. don't have research teams keeping on track with blockchain developement, teams of relevant size with extremely skilled folks working on this sort of things?

Okay, that being said, here's my question:

What's the chance that in the new future a corporate entity like Google will come out with their own cryptocurrency, neatly integrated into a whole bunch of gadgets everybody is using anyway. Enough centralization to allow for 0 transaction fee (like NEO), no proof of work required.

Google has much more man power and infrastructure, and media, than any currency south of Dash. And google can easily improve, techwise, upon those top 5. They have their hand in all things tech. And they are FAR too quiet. They just must be breeding.
What's the chance that Google takes over world finance this way?

Doesn't actually sound far fetched. Or am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2017/10/25/university-of-sydneys-super-fast-blockchain-gets-even-faster.html
developer.mastercard.com/product/mastercard-blockchain
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/blockchain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

finally somebody with a brain...

the whole point of this is to avoid shit like google!!!!!

Here's the thing, if it's not decentralized and it's just another centralized service of some kind. It loses a lot of the features that make the blockchain interesting.

The power of google is that it has the means to target "commoneers".

And to play the system enough to get its currency "legal".

And to implement on mobiles and websites with zero effort.

And to market the hell out of it.

Google has enough firepower to do this an more. Google not doing anything about this... there's something strange going on here.

Sure, but normies don't give a fuck about that. They want ease of use and love big names.

I think it's naive to think more than 1% of people care for the "decentralized" aspect. Not even 10% of Veeky Forums cares for the tech, I'm sure.
They care for their money. I'm not blaming anyone here, btw.

Google will just acquire good companies.

Check Google DeepMind. Acquired by Google in 2014 when AI/neural networks was all the hype

Of course they will, but that's not all.

In the blockchain spehre, there are a bunch of open source projects and then small companies - none I'm aware of has more than 15 full time developers.

Successful tech startups usually have dozens of developers and they take years before they even do their IPO. It's a skewed world. Whatever Google buys, they will have more blockchain savy folks than are people in that company.

Well Google better wait until I make my 100000x returns and not mess with the ecosystem

>"decentralized" aspect
This. People think this cryptocurrency thing is some kind of "muh freedom from gubrnmnt", most people probably don't care about this. They just want what said: easy to use, practical, and big names.

>enough centralization

you're both fucking retarded

no. most normies understand the concept of the middleman. most normies, most importantly the uber rich, understand how stifled they are by the banks. get your head out of your ass.

Good argument, bro.

If you follow /g/ or whatnot, Google started to lock peoples own word docs on the Google server last month because the text content disagrees with googles terms of service. Nobody cares.

Yes, I like "be your own bank", but in reality, the people who care already were interested in Bitcoin for it early. The rest, who wants to store and use their money, don't give a shit about who effectively controls them, as long as it's convenient.

you know why nobody cares? because most normies dont fucking use google docs you fucking retard.

id like to add, most normies dont even use a computer unless they absolutely need to. to mass adopt a crypto currency you just need to make an app for a phone.

this whole thread pisses me off because you people are trying so hard that you completely disregard reality out of what seems like pure fear and uncertainty.

A smart phone is a computer, friend.

Why the insults? Can't we just discuss this civilized? In any case, opinion taken.

>>implying that google isn't involved behind the cryptoworld

Well not everything Google touches becomes gold. Just look at Google+, Facebook was just too big already so nobody cared. In the cryptocurrencyworld Bitcoin is the Facebook of the Cryptocurrencies. Right now I dont think its big enough though.

Most certainly they will buy an existing coin, thats always their strategy. And they would like their currency to be more stable. It wouldnt look good for your name if people buy your coin and lose half their money in one day. I think they are well aware of whats happening but are still suspicious. So why invest in something that is so risky when your corporation performs well enough without it.

think of all the illegal stuff google wouldn't want to be associated with, its the only thing I can think of that is holding them back

There are many companies and governments using blockchain already. I think the idea of a coin/value is different than the technology of blockchain itself.

>sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2017/10/25/university-of-sydneys-super-fast-blockchain-gets-even-faster.html

>developer.mastercard.com/product/mastercard-blockchain

>azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/blockchain/

I agree with the idea, but you have to calm the fuck down. There's no point of calling everyone else a retard.

more like bitcoin is the friendster of the cryptocurrency world

>what if google reimplements paypal
wow op you blew my fucking mind

>implying google is an independent company and not a front

dont take it personally. but its every day with these god damn threads and nobody can see passed their own noses.
especially with the whole "normies this, normies that" when they aren't normies and can only speak from the outside looking in. one may think it would make the view more objective but if you've never experienced "normie" life or dont hang around "normie" people then all you have is a giant pile of horse shit.
the damage being done by people who think they know but dont, like the first post in this thread and most likely all subsequent posts by that tripfag aren't helping the average joe that comes here looking for info. those people are our friends and should be directed with care not pure nay-say and disinfo.

most of these problems can be solved if people just lurked more, but whatever.