Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XJd88cTRsU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dholavira#Language_and_script
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about vinca ?

Not a true writing system

Never heard that about Greece before

Linear A, that script also influenced that of mainland Greece and Cyprus

Vinca weren't serbs for the hundreth time. (Preemptive strike)

Serbs are haplogroup J and native farmers from Turkey

T.Alboshit or Turkroach

Do you actually think vinca were serbs?

Nope, but serbians are their descentands

This. J masterrace from Turkey.

This surely is oversimplification

Serbia was raped by Slavs but J blood is strong. Romania is a brother country and sons of Vinca.

No offense, but even Albania has more J than you according to pic

Mixed with Gypsy women

Serbs today are MOSTLY if not wholly not the descendants of vinca. Period. Anything else is pseudoscience.

Yes I think frequency of J is higher in pure Serb countryside instead of cosmopolitan cities

Butthurt shiptar/turkshit

Weren't the Minoans influenced by Luwians?

Jesus Christ how can one region be so perpetually butthurt that even the smallest mention of their history plunges every thread into slavshit/turkroach name calling? Fuck.

No Minoan hieroglyphs are older than the Anatolian ones

>indus valley
so it counts if we can't trnalsate said writing system to see if it could be used for anything other than making custom seals?

It wasn’ Just used in seals it’s also been found on a blackboard

Was Mycean/Minoan writing actually developed indepedently of Mesopotamia and Egypt? Did the Indus River Valley civilization even have writing?

Also, writing developed indepedently multiple times in Mesoamerica

Australia get your shit together

If existence of scripture is a criterion, can we acknowledge existence of turkish civilization born in modern Monglia?

The three in the middle east is wrong. Its most likely from one cluster

Indus Valley is almost entirely located in Pakistan.
Clearly a Pajeet map.

Incans?

Incans didn't have a true writing system. Only some glyphs like vinca.
I remember reading that spaniards destroyed the arctifacts of the capital, and some of them were boards with glyphs that were descriptions of the laws and policies.

>>Can we all agree on this?
No, I refuse to read further comments and or look at the picture, based purely on principle and spite.

>Would count the amerindian writing systems but not the writing descended from PIE people
For what purpose?

All of them were derived by the writing systems of OP's pic.

can you tell me why people believe that?

What about the Land of Punt? Pretty sure they developed independently and were literate AFAIK.

The poor crab looks so sad ;-;

That pic is proof that civilization still hasn't developed in America.

Jesus christ, the face of the crab, he also cut the head of his children in front of him or what

what about the norte chico (caral) civilization?
They did find proto quipus in the ruins
unless you're only counting places with a writing script
in which case wouldn't rongo rongo be considered here?

>spaniards destroyed the arctifacts of the capital, and some of them were boards with glyphs that were descriptions of the laws and policies
do you remember the source?
would make for some nice reading

>source
Inca glyphs are pretty well known.
>boards
I read it in some forum, I think it was written by some chroniclers, however you should know most documents aren't on the internet; the documents that are on the internet are most of the time in spanish language. If I get a pic or full quote of the source I'll make a thread.

The board of laws is actually well known by several people who are into inca stuff in Peru, as I'm kind of a newbie, I didn't save the source. I'm sorry.

you're forgetting the area around the pripyat marshes
hohol mafia

hohohohohol

source?
I want to believe

In a moment

Rongo is fake
Norhe cuco wasn’t literate

What Makes you pretty sure? We don’t even know exactly where they were ley alone if they were literate or civilized in any way, we only know that it was a far away place in eastern africa and from the looks of it they were tribal people who only built huts

No it’s not

1)yes
2)probably

maybe hitites should be added to

the minoans 2500-1700 bc

Minoan aesthetic is severely underrated compared to later Greeks.

from this ancient era only egyptians and minoans estructure remain so yes i dont know why minoans are not included when they put the other 4

hittites wrote mostly with the cuneiform script taken by assyrians

thanks
here is a reconstruction of the palace of knossos
youtube.com/watch?v=4XJd88cTRsU

Why is part of India included?
Indus Valley is in Pakistan.

the chinese merit is really high the rest cooperate with each other but the china was the only one developing internally and without help

No. The concept of writing sounds or characters representing words or ideas was a widely shared concept. A delineation between independent development is too vague in early stages to be certain without certain isolation. Wherever any exchange is possible, it is impossible to determine what concept or practice may have been imported. It becomes more complicated in determining what writing truly is. Is totemic story telling or prayer a form of writing? What is the delineation between that and pictographic language, and so on?

Ok next time in English

One of the most significant discoveries at Dholavira was made in one of the side rooms of the northern gateway of the city, and is generally known as the Dholavira Signboard. The Harappans had arranged and set pieces of the mineral gypsum to form ten large symbols or letters on a big wooden board.[29] At some point, the board fell flat on its face. The wood decayed, but the arrangement of the letters survived. The letters of the signboard are comparable to large bricks that were used in nearby walls. Each sign is about 37 cm (15 in) high and the board on which letters were inscribed was about 3 m (9.8 ft) long.[30] The inscription is one of the longest in the Indus script, with one symbol appearing four times, and this and its large size and public nature make it a key piece of evidence cited by scholars arguing that the Indus script represents full literacy. A four sign inscription with large letters on a sand stone is also found at this site, considered first of such inscription on sand stone at any of Harappan sites.[2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dholavira#Language_and_script

Ahahahahah like clockwork

What is this post supposed to mean? Someone help me out

that looks mayan

You forgot norte chico.

What was the first cilivization in Central and North Europe?

Not literate and barely a civilization

Literate? Probably the Roman colonies

Non literate?

Maybe the Celts around 600-50 bc

Urnfield? or is writing necessary?

The quipu system was very advanced. It was used for detailed census keeping of every minutia detail in the Empire, how many llamas each ayllu had, how many tools were given to each farmer, and so on. Through a system of knots and strings, the Incas recorded words and complex numbers into the hundreds of thousands. It may be the only three dimensional recording system in ancient history.

Some argue whether this constitutes a writing system or not. Most quipus were destroyed by the Spaniards but some were found in the Inca capital of Cusco recently which show information that seems to be entirely ideographic rather than numbers.

Urnfield were not a civilization since they lacked cities, infrastructure and monumental architecture

It is not a fucking written language

What monumental architecture was there in Germany before late 1st millenium AD?

This

you sure can tell a lot about fucking ruins you ultranigger

I'm not saying it was, I'm saying your understanding of history, cataloguing everything into neat Age of Empires ages and technologies is simplistic and stupid.

Incas did not have a writing system because they had devised a superior recording mechanism for their needs.

So? It was not a literate civilization, they didn't have a literature of any kind, I didn't say they were not a civilization

But that is not of indigenous origin and shouldn't really count. It's like posting a picture of Melbourne and saying Aboriginals made this.

Well then don't feel slighted, I thought I was talking to the OP. What I said applies to the OP pic.

Ok I don't get your point though, I didn't say Germany was civilized before the late first millenium AD, but considering many of the inhabitants of these colonies were Germanics I'd say th situation was different from that of Australia where Aborigenals were almost completely excluded from the urbanized areas, meanwhile many Germanics had a high rank in the Roman army

I'd be sad too, if my face were to be cut off with a pair of poultry shears.

only two remain and has survived for 4000 years greece and china
the rest were conquered and their civilization destroyed
what is the continuity in egypt harappa and mesopotamia

My point is that by the criteria presented here There was never any Northern/Central European civilization.

>No use is made by them of stone or tile; they employ timber for all purposes, rude masses without ornament or attractiveness. Some parts of their buildings they stain more carefully with a clay so clear and bright that it resembles painting, or a coloured design. They are wont also to dig out subterranean caves, and pile on them great heaps of dung, as a shelter from winter
Germanic """""""""civilization"""""""""

Well at least Egypt influenced gnosticism, masonry and even Christianity a little and also our current alphabet

Well there was, Celts had two out of those three features, by the way the celtic town of Heuneburg in Germany does have some kind of monumental architecture

fucking chinks the only ones who evade indoeuropeans and then europe colonial period

soon....

make your ancestors proud

lets do it

lets make europe rome again

german pride !!!

lets wear the conquistador armour one more time

I don't understand. Is this supposed to be funny? It's got nothing to do with the topic, mods ban this retarded unfunny autist spouting "le random" memes.