What am I to put my faith in if I am not religious?

What am I to put my faith in if I am not religious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDRGrfInizQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you have faith in the first place? How would you define your faith?
I don't think I have faith

I always put my faith in luck. It's as abstract a concept as god but it works for me.

Der Einzige

Fortuna was a literal deity in Rome

What's a real, tangible thing that makes it all worth it? What's something worth believing in that is real?

As far as you're concerned it's the only real, tangible thing.

The Brahman, look up on hinduism.

I don't know
Bach's music maybe
youtube.com/watch?v=RDRGrfInizQ

love?

>luck
stupid man's science. Is everyone on Veeky Forums pic related? There are so many i've lost count.

>Implying you need something to make it all worth it.
What are you, a fag?

yeah. it was not. It was an insult.

By believing in luck you also believe in the fact that if you throw a dice on the table, it doesn't end up showing the number based on it's velocity, gravitational field, hitting angle, density, center of mass etc.
Why i call luck the stupid man's science is because someone who didn't care to take all that into account just said
>"fuck this, its easier if we just say it will fall on one of its sides"
>"let's not find out why it falls on this side"
Now don't get me wrong, classical chance can be used as a tool but it's not reliable or factual in any way.

me

The market guides us all.

it isn't really a faith what i'm going to suggest, but by creating my own "commandments" which i repeat to myself each morning as im in shower, i feel the same security and peace that i had experienced when i was religious.

1) Remember that i will die like those who have lived before me and those who will live after me thus do not get caught up with trivialities. Go with the flow of life and stay focused on what you appreciate.

2) Do not gossip: i see gossip as a weed of the mind, it grows and takes up space - occupying you with useless thoughts and triviliaties. also gossip contains much falseities, and i don't want my mouth to be the propagator of such.

3) do not become consumed with consumerism - i never want to judge a man based on what type of cow skin he has on his back, but rather it reminds me to treat everybody based on their intrinsic nature.

4) do not take the opinion of another man over yours, yes there is much to be learnt from others but always analyse why they say it and whether it works in your mind. we live in a period of time where people are so obsessed with what they put into their bodies but don't give a fuck what goes into their minds (the only organ which truly demarcates us from our animal forebearers)

5) act in a way that you can explain to yourself - never try to defend your actions infront of others for they can barely defend themselves fromt hemselves. however if i act in a way which if eel comfortable with then i will always feel ok.

if you were taking cold showers you wouldn't be spewing out that long commandments.

this is good

The ayys. Humanity is doomed because of the greed that took hold of its leadership. Maybe some advanced xeno species will decide to help out at some point.

Life, history and what it will lead to.

Posadism is a very fun but also very shitty faith.

Hegel

more moral than most people I know

Stop looking out
Start looking in
Be your own best friend
Stand up and say
Hey, this is mine
Mine, all mine

This but unironically. When I had babby's first existential crisis, the simple joy of music made me realize you don't need a high-minded philosophical justification for finding things meaningful. Music is just good because it's good.

I think for me It came down to Culture rather than inherent faith. My family is Christian and I have always been sceptical and even had an edgy atheist phase. But I realised a few years ago that religion is far more than just 'believing' [spoiler]although I do believe in God[/spoiler] its it's the history and culture of my homeland, its what bound us together in dark times, it was the common ground found together by all men.

That is why I despise the modern world and this openness towards Atheism and slating people of faith, regardless of what that faith is. All atheism does Is drive people apart and ensure that they stay bickering over nonsensical ideals that are ever changing to ensure this chaos.

it seems however my faith in the Lord does not grant me the power over spoiler tags

In yourself. Become a god and have followers.

>the simple joy of music made me realize you don't need a high-minded philosophical justification for finding things meaningful. Music is just good because it's good.

But you can find a high minded philosophical justification for that aswell.

What does your scientific explanation change with the fact that the dice throw after all ends up beeing random and thus making believing in just the hope of getting what you want by luck wrong?
It is a simpler way of looking at it, but simpler doesn't have to mean dumber.

In your own will and ability. At the end of the day that is all you can really count on.

your genes

But you don't need one. So even if your philosophy fails you, you can still enjoy the music.

Bitcoin

Communism.

Jk, having faith in anything doesn't make sense. But you should replace the moral structure and sense of purpose that a faith would give you with an ideology that isnt faith based.

Probably this, but tfwnogf.
So what now?

Materialism

>What's something worth believing in that is real?
"Real" things don't need any belief. You've got a deep misunderstanding of faith, user. Why would you put faith into something that's "real", by which I assume you mean can be measured imperially. People put their faith into things that cannot be proven, that's why it's faith. You cannot know that anything you put your faith into is "real", hence the expression "a leap of faith"

Humanity.

Just find what you're passionate about.

And then on top of it, have a kid. You'll have your hands, mind, and heart filled. No more time to waste jerking off over "faith" or posting on this massacre.

hohol glory
hohol mafia

>spiders
Seriously though, there are millions of them. They won't die, so you'll never lose faith.