Veeky Forumstory podcasts

Currently listening to the History of Rome podcast. Great podcast with a nice narrative
What are you guys listening to and/or planning on listening to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nZhQlBS0d0g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Revolutions has gotten really really bogged-down with the 1848 revolutions. It's just too much to keep track of.

Are there any for the Ancient Near East?

Totally agree. It also jumps around too much from location to location. I think he should have focused on each revolution individually.

Is it good nonetheless? I was thinking of listening to it after the History of Rome?

Revolutions was great up until this latest one.

myth of the 20th century is bretty good xdddd

I’ve been listening to a lot of Fake History at work. Pretty comfy.

Alright, I'll give it a go then. Cheers

I really enjoy it, and the production values are top notch, but the way Mike jumps around the place does make it a bit more difficult to follow. I think it's a good overview of 1848 and would be a good place to start if you wanted a broad view.
The stuff before this season is solid gold.

Hardcore History is good. History on Fire is uneven but good when it's good. Stuff You Missed in History Class is good in bite sized chunks, but the hosts have such bad vocal technique that it grates the ears.

Also curious about this, I listened to dan carlin’s king of kings over the past week and it was great

>Hardcore History
>History of Rome
>The Fall of Rome
>Tides of History
>History Matters
>The History of Philosophy without any gaps

Real Crusades History is pretty comfy

The only true Veeky Forums approved podcast is the official robotic bagel podcast
youtube.com/watch?v=nZhQlBS0d0g

What else do you do when you listen to podcasts lads? I usually play Civ and play the podcast in the background

Go about my day (walking around, eating, driving)

Interesting Things Explained Well is the best I've found. They usually do a history segment and then some other segment. It's dense and fast and there are no ads or stupid banter. The last one was on the bronze age, and it was kind of technical, but good.

History of Byzantium. Successor podcast to History of Rome, and much better IMO. A lot more detailed.

any good hoholcasts
hohol mafia

I don't like it personally for having episodes you have to pay for. I want the whole picture, not just bits and pieces.

totalus rankium is good.

are any of the alexander or greek history podcasts good?

there are very few paid episodes and most of them are just nice side stories that dont tell the narrative story.

History of the Crusades was pretty good