Name one thing about this that is different from LARPing

Why are people who play pretend in the woods seen as autistic manchildren while reenactors are seen as respected hobbyist? If you "reenact" you are no different from a 600 pound NEET pretending to be a young hot fairy princess in the woods.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xoGsVDRb7GM
youtube.com/watch?v=haNBwTm2kwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>reenactors
>respected
How much pussy do you think a reenactor gets?

any re-enactor fags here? How much does it cost to get into ww2 re-enactments?

In what world except the reenactors are reenactors seen as respected hobbyists?

People who consider LARPing to be something negative shouldn't be on a history board.

At least the history chicks.

>chicks into history
Do you live in a fairy tale?

those don't exist

In what fucking universe? The average Veeky Forumsfag gets about as much pussy as a person from /v/ or /r9k/.

Google "stuff you missed in history class" for a glimpse of the kind of gash a history degree will land you

All disgusting things in modern society are indirect result of LARPing.

>confusing LARPing with sexual fetishism

>Implying LARPing is not a form of sexual fetishism

You guys please,
Both LARPers AND fetishists are disgusting, there's no need to argue

*it aint me starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=xoGsVDRb7GM

youtube.com/watch?v=haNBwTm2kwM

It literally isn't.

No, LARPing is fine and so is reenacting.

No, it's not fine.
LARPing should have been banned years ago. We would have been saved from countless abominations of current time.

jesus how many infections do you think those kids got

It is LARPing. Like, literally. Just because Veeky Forums misuses the word (like seriously, how the fuck do you accuse someone of LARPing on the internet? That's literally impossible, because it is by definition not live action), it doesn't mean that it's a bad thing.

Reenacting fag here. Mostly do Russian-soviet-and German stuff depending on the event. But regardless of that, you are looking 1K+ for a basic kit for ANY nation/army. Can confirm it is mostly us shooting blanks off and drinking inna' woods. Boy Scouts but no service, and all shenanigans and going broke over retardedly expensive historical reproductions

>chick's
>history
I cannot think of anything more polar opposite that those two things

He is a LARPer, so yes.

so I see you've learned from posting this on /k/. Too bad you're still a faggot.

LARPing is fun but mindless and free-form, cool over practical.

Re-enactment is also fun, but it also requires more practice, knowledge and discipline. It is closer to acting than LARPing.
You can also LARP with realistic or historical elements and then it gets closer to re-enacting, but it's not so easy unless you are willing to use a lot of imagination.

We have actual weapons that could kill someone if improperly used

t. Confederate artillerist

Well most of the old ones are married so do the math.

LARP stands for live-action role playing. Re-enactors role-play in live-action. It's LARPing.

not hohol, doesn't matter
hohol mafia

This

Are stage and film actors LARPing as well then?

In my country WW2 reenactment is respected. They even sometimes make shows for general public

Most reenactment is in the form of shows for the general public.

They seem popular though. You have whole towns watching it

LARP isn't acting, it's a game. Literally IRL RPG, it's right in the name.

I thought the Confederacy was starving?

$152

>Well most of the old ones are married so do the math.
>married

None?

Yankee propaganda.

There's nothing worse about LARPing then there is about any other roleplay and wish fulfilment be it games or cinema.
There are only two primary differences:
LARPing takes effort (and generally a skill of some kind be it reenactment sword fighting or SCA calligraphy and so on)
You cannot LARP alone so there is a forced social aspect (even if it's damaging to your reputation)
I say this as someone who is good friends with a LARP and has met many reenactors. However weird they might be (and they are certainly weird. The less hard history the weirder it gets: reenact

A good chunk of WW2 reenactors seem to be under the impression that dragging their militaria collection out into a field and shooting blanks at each other from behind some hay bales for 15 minutes, before going to the beer tent to get shitfaced, is "honouring the veterans" rather than their fun hobby. It'll be interesting to see the hobby in about 20 years when the last remaining veterans die off.

Several hundred bucks for uniform and kit. Another few hundred for a gun.

I suppose that makes sense. How do gunpowder reenactments operate? Are there conditions of winning and losing or what? Is it just wholly shooting blanks across a field or is there some skill/game to it like there is with medieval reenactment?
If it's purely just acting with a few volleys getting blank fired I can understand why the demographic has developed the way it has.

Also a big chunk of WW2 reenactors are ex military and are trying to hold onto their former lives. Nothing wrong with that, but you do see them often applying their first hand experience of being a soldier in the 70s/80s, onto their portrayal of being a soldier in the 40s.

SCA is damn close to being a larping/reenactment hybrid. Some say the achronym really stands for Society of Consenting Adults.

Most reenactment battles are scripted, even medieval ones. Otherwise you'd have things like Richard III winning Bosworth because the guy playing him is a better sword fighter than the guys playing the Tudor soldiers.

Keep in mind though by "scripted" I mean in the loosest sense. Sonething like "You guys go up the hill and attack the bunker. You get driven back and retreat. Then Jeff shoots the bunker with his bazooka and the pyrotechnics go off. Then you attack the bunker again and the battle ends. " rather than a fully acted out play with everyone having specific, prearranged roles, lines and directions.

Only the good ones

Reenactments carry some educational and cultural value.

>Majority of states food production in the south.
>They must have been starving.

>reenactors are seen as respected hobbyist
user, I...

Huh? Majority is in the midwest, by far.

They are here in Europe.

>LARPing has no cultural value.
So now cultural things don't have cultural values?

user there exist values that aren't yours, and that doesn't make them better or worse.

It doesnt. My soviet kit with originals was still cheaper than a german kit so i still could grab an svt

Im married and my wife reenacts sooooo the average amount?