Predictions of BTC after S2x Fork?

what do you blokes think will happen to the price of BTC after the S2x Fork?

Other urls found in this thread:

bashco.github.io/2x_Countdown/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what do you blokes think will happen to the price
it will go to 17,000

Probably crash. The main reason the price went up is because of the 1-week delay in Bitcoin purchases.

let's say I have a mutual fund worth around 10k, tell my why it would be a bad idea to convert that into bitcoin in the near future

kek its up because of the "free coins" expectation, greedy fucks saw the price of Seg2x futures. then smart money joined them too because they know retards would be buying BTC for free coins.

shit is going to tank after the fork, normies getting burnt would be glorious. whether or not its a sharp drop or a gradual drop who knows? but its definitely going back to the $5000 to $6000 range after the fork.

BTC briefly go down, and then it'll go up, and up. S2X will fizzle out and hover behind BCH for a while, then both will gradually fade into obscurity.

Better short bitcoin son.

It will go to 6 gorillion.

>2x becomes the major chain and 1x dies
BTC continues to moon, transaction fees drop, blockstream and co reee like they've never ree'd before

>1x stays the major chain 2x dies
BTC continues to moon, transactions get even more expensive, blockstream and co celebrate that the "attack" on bitcoin failed.

>Both chains survive continually competing for hash rate
Dumb speculators don't know wtf is going on since they only buy this btc thingy because price keeps going up might start selling because it's just too confusing. Transaction fees on 1x are still high 2x are lower. Block interval is long and unstable.

Ok.

When is the fork?

x stays the major chain 2x dies
>BTC continues to moon, transactions get even more expensive, blockstream and co celebrate that the "attack" on bitcoin failed.

I agree that if 2x fails this exactly will happen. But the long-term trajectory then is awful. I think I'd dump for BCC shortly after, even if BTC does look like it'll continue its trajectory.

>betting against the king

OP don't be this stupid

I only have .19 BTC, should I pull it out for now to maximize my savings or fall for the free coin meme and keep it on bittrex exchange to sell them off immediately?

I started with only $50 back in May, but I don't want to loss all the progress I've made only trading during my shitting break at work.

Got less lazy and looked it up, reference for anyone else: bashco.github.io/2x_Countdown/

after the fork BTC will go to $100k in exaclty one hour.

normies will shit the bed

I don't think it will crash. Let me tell you why.

Segwit2x actually poses a significant risk to the blockchain protocol. It might actually fuck up the coin.

Just like when people were unsure about the BCH fork and when they found out it was nothing to worry about bitcoin started to moon.

Now the same will happen. Most people have no idea what to expect and are uncertain (bad for price). Now when the fork happens successfully people will realize there was no risk and buy BTC back making it go over $8000 possibly even reach $9000.

After this it'll settle down somewhere in the low $8000 because people will pull out to invest in alts.

Quite right except IRL very few people ever buy alts. The new normie money couldn't care less about alts

Not true ETH and Litecoin are also known by normies nowadays.

My fucking tech illiterate boomer dad was talking about participating in ICOs. It took me hours to convince me ICOs are a mistake and that you can't just sell it for a quick profit.

oy vey!

what happens when difficulty is too slow to adjust after the miners leave btc

btc block times will go up by 20x, basically freezing the network. let's say the miners sacrifice 48 hours of mining time mining s2x

is that really that much money to them? btc would basically freeze for 2 days

>Now when the fork happens successfully
I think this has been priced in