I am so fucking MAD at all of you!!

I lost 80% of my portfolio in 2 weeks!

First got shafted by Airswap
Then got pwned by LINK
Then deep dicked by Request

Now I'm getting battered by iExec

I WANT TO FUCKING MURDER YOU

Are you for real, lmao. How much did you lose?

I planned these trades for weeks. I did tons of research. This was supposed to be my break-out month. I should be up 20x from all this. Instead I've lost 80% of my moeny. WHYYY

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME

$80k and HUNDREDS of hours of time, and the most miserable few weeks you can imagine of staring at charts and forums and getting brutally pwned over and over again

You'd be up nearly 100% if you just bought and held BTC you dumb fuck

hahahahahahaha NIGGER

How can you expect to succeed doing this when you can't cope in an environment of unpredictability and desperately jump from one sinking ship to the next, bleeding money the whole way.

Even more importantly, with hundreds of hours of time in, you should have known better than to put tens of thousands of dollars on LITERALLY THESE COINS at this particular time as a short term investment.

You deserved worse. Be grateful.

Ah, that sucks. Sorry, man.

who is this semen demon and where can i buy one?

>hundreds of hours of research
>biz meme portfolio

Think i found where you went wrong

wtf are you talking about?

these were the consensus coins that had highest probability to succeed. i did everything "right" but everything turned out to be completely WRONG. i felt like i was cursed, what the fuck happened? these were the safe, guaranteed picks for this month. but it turned out to be 100% wrong, WHY?

80k? God I hope you're trolling.

>Has 100k
>Does not diversify
It's your fault, really. Better put some into ETH, BCH and Mid-cap or Bottom-cap coins/tokens.
I suggest you Go into ARK, TenX, ETH, BCH, NEO and OMG. Some of them are at lows because of the Hardfork, but can still go lower. But I don't doubt that those will all go around 10-20% up (or more!) when the Altcoinmarket recovers. Don't sell then, tho. 2018 is the year of some of those coins. Chainlink is, for the long run, not that bad actually. So i suggest you still hold around 5% of your portfolio in these.
Good luck, user!

most people on here are idiots.

there is one thing you can do though. buy link.

you should try learning to hold more than 2 weeks. come back to us in 2 months and see if your concerns are still there

iExec will have 30-50bil market cap in 2020, do not sell. Be patient and stop chasing lambos.

Let me tell you my story user.

I was on Veeky Forums back in 2015, when ETH was trading at $3.

I invested in several ICOs back then like DigixDAO and Crypti(LISK), and instantly sold them for a couple hundreds of profit. I also sold thousands ETH which I bought from the ICO when it reached $7.

If I held my coins from back then, today I would literally have been a multimillionaire.

The thing is, crypto is a long-term game. Just like startups, they need some time in order to properly mature and prosper. ETH was able to raise $18 million with their ICO, REQ managed to raise over $30 million, now if you look at what ETH accomplished with $18m then you can be certain that REQ will also succeed.

Coins like Bancor, BAT, Status, Golem, Lisk, REQ, NEO etc. are tanking right now. But this is because they haven't truly matured yet. Give them 2-3 years and you will see that your investment will make you a millionaire.

Do not make the same mistakes as I did. Do not sell right now. Remember, this is a long-term game.

how do you know that?

people said LINK would be $1 by end of SIBOS :(

buy some POWR (powerledger) and watch it rise. just before the palm beach report (23rd nov) either cash it in, or gamble it is the energy coin touted. it's between that and solar, and it's a better project, hasn't pumped like solar, and is increasing growth naturally. it's a low market cap coin which can easily double/triple in short-mid term.
They also have interst from the australian government. check out their twitter @PowerLedger_io

You did do everything "right", but it still went wrong. You didn't acknowledge this as a possibility and that is what makes you a fucking retard. You have to understand that things can still go wrong despite your diligence and plan accordingly.

It's also the month of the bitcoin fork: The biggest singular event in crypto from now to the end of the year. You didn't plan around this obviously because you're panicking less than two weeks before it.

1. Hubris
2. Ignorance
3. ???
4. Not profit

pick one of those coins and summarily explain how you thought they were safe

I looked into airswap and request myself as new prospects for expanding my portfolio, but my conclusion was that the situation was unreadable for the first one and probably not good for the second one

I'm really curious why you thought to go for these

(everyone knows LINK is a meme coin with meme prices, just don't buy this literal rollercoaster of autism)

>LINK is a meme coin
Deluded. Havent you seen the HCL news? Are those guys memeing too?

Let me rephrase: LINK is a meme coin for short term trading at this point in time

What's your trading method? You go all in on a coin expecting it to pump and then exit at a certain %loss to mitigate loss when it dumps instead?

???

Short term speculators : ^)

I agree with that one. Why the fuck is OP shocked that alts tanked this month? Just chill the fuck out OP and wait for the fork to end.

Don't wait until its over $1 to start calling it a long term hold, then.

i bought airswap because it had consysns backing and mike novgorod and cnbnc reported on them and previous decentralized exchanges like 0x and kyber all did 5-10x

i bought LINK because SIBOS, SWIFT, 3 years' development, and most talked about coin on this board

i bought request because the market cap was already so low and YCombinator backing, also most talked about coin on reddit

i bought iExec because they had "big news" at the conference ysterday, but it turned out to be nothing :(

i go all-in on the coin that has highest possibility to rise in short-term, yes

i am ok dealing with 5-10% loss, but these were hand-picked winners and they all delivered me 20%+ pwnings :(

Holy fucking christ man "HUNDREDS OF HOURS" put in and those are your reasons for buying?

Fuck you right in the ass. How did you ever get your hands on 80k in the first place?

There's a lot of assholes on here, but there's no reason that REQ won't go up in value. I'm planning to hold it for awhile.

holy shit how much did you buy for each coin in $ and in coin units?

what are better reasons? what's your top pick right now? give me some examples

he LOST 80k, im assuming he put in more than 100k

why didnt you just hodl btc faggot. the whole point of alts is to accumulate btc yet here you are trading shitcoins during a btc run. kys retard.

wtf
that's what you call research?
you just got shilled by biz

stop lying to yourself and learn from your mistakes

how do you do research then? can you give me some examples?

Nigga LINK and REQ are solid buys even if he actually read the whitepaper back to back and you know it. Its only the fork that messed them up.

I bought the same coins homie. Just no airswap.

For the same reasons too. Things likeOMG, REQ, LINK, SALT, etc are going to expand the overall utility of crypto. But i knew it was a dicey time with bitcoin going positibely AWOL so i went in these coins with single digit percentages of my portfolio while leaving the rest in ETH and LTC. Now that they've dipped much lower im going in harder, increasing their weight in my portfolio.

This isn't the best strategy in the world but it's been more successful than yours with a fraction of the time invested. All it took was for me to be realistic, accept if not expect loss, and not go all in on a shitcoin before the fork.

It was that simple. I'm down 10% in the past month. Funny thing is you'll probably still make more money than me with what you have left assuming you wont keep being a retard.

OP here

here's how i DREAMED this would go down.

so i started w/ 100k and knew that airswap was coming out first. after i get my 2x from airswap, i switch to link. after my 2x from link and SIBOS, request was out so i switch to that. after my 4x from request, i switch to iExec and their conference. after my 2x from iExec, i would have 100k x 2 x 2 x 4 x 2 = $3.2 million and then i could quit my job :(

instead i'm left with a pitiful $20k, totally demoralized, don't see what the point of continuing is. devastated. hate my life :(

Fuck ive been posting in a troll thread.

What a tard. Req is comfy af.

not trolling. i spent hundreds of hours fantasizing about and planning for that exact scenario. i got carried away but still, i thought it was realistic based on how past ICOs went and big announcements/rebrands

it was REALISTIC you bastards, FUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT AND NOW YOURE DOWN 80%!! HOLY FUCK HAHAHA

Bro you've been holding REQ for at most 2 to 3 weeks. It hasnt even been a month since it became tradable.

>flawlessly make 3.2 million with perfect choices and timing
>realistic

Are you under 21?

>pitiful $20k
can i have it?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EASY THO :(( I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO 32X MY MONEY RISK FREE :(( I HATE YOU BIZ :(( HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i couldn't sleep, didn't exercise, i was so nervous/excited. i thought i had it all figured out, these were conservative estimates. 0x and kyber went to $300m market cap, why couldn't airswap break 100m? totally reasonable. UGH fuck why do i have to live in this version of reality? :(

Honestly, if you go to reddit for research, just stick to the news links posted. Ignore any and all discussion. Just click the links and close the reddit tab. Reddit crypto subs are filled with die hard crypto fanboys who swear on their mothers' graves that this coin or that coin is le best because it represents some twisted cyberpolitical view they like. It's virtually impossible to distinguish between LARPers and people who are interested in actual trading.

"This and that talked about the coin" is not in any way a legit reason to buy anything ever. It's at best a hint that people know of the coin's existence.

I won't go into how I do my research, because I have no real system due to time constraints. What I do is read and participate in various blockchain tech news and discussions and when I stumble upon something that sounds like an interesting project, I go read more on that. If I think it fills a niche that needs to be filled, I buy and hold. Eventually it will grow as it fills that niche. If I see it competes with other projects already failing, I don't buy. If I think it sounds better than it actually is, I buy and sell short term, when price goes up. If I lose money, I have another point of reference when doing a future evaluation.

Long story short: Don't try to invest in a market you understand nothing about. If you don't care what the purpose of the altcoin is and what the needs of the blockchain users are, just stick to mainstream coins, as their users have more in common with you and you can probably make better predictions.

You can't lose in this market.
Buy eth, btc and you're set.
Airswap is above ico price. You sold early.

You just don't learn, do you?

You are going to buy another ERC20 shittoken and except it to make you money

what should i buy?

You literally could've sat on your 100k in btc and you would've made it in 2 years, yet you decided to be impatient so you thought you would get an instant 10x from trading alts. It seems like you should work on being more patient than your portfolio

LINK and REQ are solid buys after the fork mess though. I'm having a hard time deciding between ETP and SALT in this fork, although Im leaning towards SALT.

Whats your opinion on it?

I didn't criticize his picks, but his claim that he researched properly.
>most talked about coin on this board
>"big news"
>cnbnc reported

Literally buy REQ and sit on it until Q1/Q3 2018 you ape.

lmfao keep buying shitcoins you fucking newfag

Start by reading the white papers holy fucking shit. reading meme images on an imageboard is not research by even casual standards

What's a good amount to start diversifying?

I think OP was talking about the actual useful information posted here. There were a ton of useful information regarding ChainLink.

Also goddamn OP just hold on LINK or REQ until after the fork. You literally have the attention span of a toddler if you are bitching about REQ. Its only a few weeks old.

That doesn't really depend on how much you have but rather on how confident you feel in your ability to make good trades.

Yeah but I'm living off of my gains. When I have $100,000 and diversify it and gain maybe $1000 a day then yeah it's enough.

Getting $300 a day from $30,000 is not enough. What kind of strategies do you suggest?

Fuck off retard, do some research before you blindly buy whatever is shilled on Veeky Forums.

You mean swapped, linked, reqt and finally executed

btw how old are you? genuinely curious

buddy the market doesnt always do what you want it to do. So you buy projects you believe in and hold on to them. All three will ikely make you money if your in them for more then a few hours lmfao.

If you had done real research, you would have bought Wanchain and not these memecoins. LINK is good though.

I believe the fork mess will be a very interesting situation to observe for two main reasons:
>There is experience from previous forks crashing BTC and then rising to ATH shortly after
>BTC has been noticed by a very significant number of people who play with very large sums of money

Some of those people who play with very large sums of money are more reckless than you or I dare to think. For us, a few hundred $K is big money. For them, a few hundred $K is nothing. Based on the previous fork situations, the more reckless and aggressive investors will make bold moves. I expect the price to go on a rollercoaster and the graph to read like a 50 richter earthquake for a period of time much longer than previous forks. Repeated massive pump and dumps before correction.

This scares me, as I know I do not have the knowledge, skills and balls to play that game. I don't have a 1TB/s connection and state of the art software to instantly post optimized buy and sell orders. The BTC part of my portfolio is my HODL position for years, so I do not care because the price will at some point correct and keep rising. I won't play the market at that period.

As for altcoins, I expect even the more reckless whales will stay out of shitcoins and may have some presence in top 5 market cap coins with pump and dumps, but the effect will not be as volatile as in BTC.

If we accept the above as correct, then shitcoins have a very predictable path. All shitcoins will rise at the start of the fork. They will go on a sharpish decline when the majority of the users think that it's time to go back to BTC as it will soon correct. The correction is not going to happen, because it will still be in pump and dump mode and they will panic back to alt coins. Then they will possibly reach ATH before going back down as the actual BTC correction sets in.

There is one danger: small PnD groups with limited (but significant for shitcoin marketcap) funds may target specific shitcoins.
cont.

> They will go on a sharpish decline when the majority of the users think that it's time to go back to BTC as it will soon correct.

It will happen only if there is another major fork. People had the chance to jump to 100% BTC months before the fork but they didnt because the gains are relatively too small. This pump in price is caused by the free fork coins no doubt and smart money anticipating the alt selloff.

In a market driven by greed, do you think alts will die when BTC reaching 20k is only almost x2 in profit? while a promising alt only needs a small amount of money to flow in to x2 or x5? You can debate all you want whether that its a smart decision to do so but it wont stop greed.

If you decide to play the market at that time, then I suggest you buy largely known shitcoins. And with that I mean shitcoins that people know of and have bought before. People in panic mode will buy things they've bought before. Obscure shitcoins are more likely to be targeted by small PnD groups trying to avoid each other. You want to play with ragepanic losers and you'll find them in "mainstream" shitcoins.

All that said, I will not be playing. I have considered playing with a small amount just to confirm or deny my predictions, but I think it will be most educating to observe and not waste my time posting orders.

Again, this is just the opinion on a blockchain tech oriented guy, I'm no expert day trader and generally try to find good hold positions.

As for SALT, I think it's great. I've done some reading on it and the feeling it's giving me is the classic story of "During the great Gold Rush, the man who made the most money is the pickaxe vendor". The Gold Rush is crypto market and those guys are selling pickaxes. Their project will do good, until a better lending platform comes to take their business. Until then, it's going to rise.

Apart from the fork shenanigans, it's going to climb and crash once or twice but will eventually normalize with an upward trend. Until a better lending system is introduced.

As for the other coin, I've done no research and can't offer any input.

You forgot about YCombinator. YC business tactics are EXTREMELY aggressive. YC doesnt fuck around with their startups. They will push Request down the throats of the normies in Silicon Valley and they will use it like addicts. They made Airbnb, Dropbox, Twitch etc mainstream and they will make Request into Venmo/PayPal 2.0

Q4 2017 hold ARK (mobile wallet almost done) SALT (product releases in 3 weeks)

Q1 2018 = REQ (Product release)
Q2 2018= LINK (Multiple ChainLINK using startups release

Any other certain profit I didn't think of?

>In a market driven by greed, do you think alts will die when BTC reaching 20k is only almost x2 in profit?
I don't understand the question.
I do think some alts will die and that some will grow huge. We will see the birth of many many alts competing with each other and competing with more "established" alts. It's going to be exactly like real life businesses. One alt comes along that specializes in great insurance contracts and grows big. Another one comes after it and specializes in great health insurance contracts with better oracle and features, steals some of the previous' clients and grows. Inbetween, many alts are born and killed by the competition.

I don't think I answered your question, but I didn't really understand it

ohh fuck you were talking about the long term. i thought we were talking about the state of the market after the november fork.

Not trying to rub salt in a wound, but why did you keep selling? Why not hold and just ride it out?

My thoughts on the nov fork summed up:

Start of fork until BTC correction:
>BTC price rollercoater
>Major altcoins directly inverse smaller range rollercoaster
>Shitcoins sharp rise, sharpish decline, sharpish rise, medium decline

After BTC correction:
>BTC upwards trend (business as usual)
>Major altcoins upwards trend (except ETH that might get into some deep shit with the DAO incident, for that one we will have to wait and see if any soft or hard fork is implemented and how bad the bad publicity from the event is going to be)
>Bad shitcoins die to death, good shitcoins following early BTC price graph with possibly slower slopes, new shitcoins and ICOs requiring research to buy (business as usual)

Hold your LINK and REQ, don't even think about them for 6 months. Put the rest in Verge and pickup a new hobby. In a year, you'll be doing very, very well.

me too user me too..

Link raped me, then i sold link at 28 cents to get into req at 6 cents and got raped. Also holding COSS bags from when i bought at 20 cents. God what a great month October was!

Seeing threads like these really, really make me glad to be a whale. The crypto community will always have people that panic like OP.
Not seeing instant profit? SELL! You must have instant profit always or you made a bad investment!

Just so you know, I've been putting up huge walls on REQ every day. Then people dump for their lives. It's beautiful, but I'm a little bummed out that I have less than 2 weeks left to continue this.

Why do you keep spamming Veeky Forums with this same thing, verbatim? Seriously, get a life and stop trying to get people to buy your bags...you have nobody's best interest in mind but your own.

I know your pain. I started out with 12k, went up to 20k then down to 3k. I got lucky and put the 3k in OMG and held for 2 months. At one point that was worth 100k (got in when it was .40)

Now my portfolio is worth about 40k. I think about it a lot how it was 100k at some point. Imagine if I just cashed out in BTC and held BTC.

You and I both suffer from greed in the sense we have this objective to get back to where it was at one point and will jump around hoping to quickly 2x and such.

I thought the same just like you. I’m gonna take this 100k, 2x it here, then 3x it here. Same story.

Lately I’ve been binge eating a lot and have felt stressed. I’m trying to not think about it and go back to being a normie. It’s hard man I know but at this point it’s best to just try to go back to feeling like it’s a long game. Holding for months at a time. That’s what I did with OMG. Held for 2-3 months. Unfortunately I didn’t sell when it peaked and something I regret a lot but it is what it is.

This crypto market is fucked up in a sense it reveals a whole new spectrum of emotions you didn’t know existed when you were just a normie before.

Paypal market cap 88bln, let's say Request does a modest 20bln and drops to 100mil supply (due to continuous token burn as system runs) = $200 REQ. From 4c to $200 by 2022 and you are going to dump it? LOL

Same with me, lost a lot of 6 figures during this dip, but I don't freak out over dips anymore (lost 60% in July, have learned how the market works).

I promise OP and anyone reading this, hold all your coins for even 2 MONTHS, and you'll see profit.
I'm not LARPing when I say I personally know Request is gonna blow up, since I actively accumulate it with buddies currently. We have plans.

>JUSTing so hard that you achieve ego death and enlightenment

>he fell for the cryptonigger shill

No sympathy here

Hold for the longterm and you will be rewarded.
Remember the majority of people aren't expecting more than 5% returns in a year. Crypto is the next level.

I hope this is a joke.
You should ignore every thread that isn't about bitcoin or etherium. The rest are just trying to play you. But even so that's incredibly reckless

Hold 50% bitcoin at least. Always. No excuses.

just buy salt and hold it basically must go up to $20-25 from 3-4 now, it's the business model

Nah dude you fucking suck. I buy bitcoins since a lot of time but getting into crypto just now and even I know that you HAVE to hold bitcoin if you wanna make it. Sorry for your loss and I hope you can recover it. I'm sure link and request will do just fine in the mid run and great in the long run.
But you still failed at the most basic thing, try to correct that.

Firstly the only people who said airswap was gonna make it were fags who bought it at ico, link was a sinking ship if you bought it around sibos already, and request is the one where it's an acceptable mistake

OP says 80%
80k = 80%, 100% = 100k

Nice! OP bought 100k and somehow failed

No offense but Veeky Forums is full of noobs who pump and dump shitty coins

>LINK is a sinking ship
yeah sure, a sinking ship after 1 month. every alt dropped this month, why is everyone shitting on LINK?

You look like one of the smartest retards in this thread.

I'm HODLing but it's hard when, for example, I was confident in MTL that that motherfucker dipped several times when I already thought it was at the floor (I should've zoom out, even if was hard to predict a so huge crash).

Hope late November get better for MTL, but it hurts.

Or just put everything on bitcoin how about that

Buy high sell low? Seriously, you have to hold till it goes back up and buy in dips. How hard is this for you to understand? if you lose 10% and don't want to be holding bags just sell and move on. Cut your losses. Jesus.