What's your favorite parts of Roman History?

>The Punic Wars
>The Gallic Wars
>Pretty much all the good shit in the roman Republic

I don't like Roman history

The Tulip period

>Pretty much all the good shit in the roman Republic
yeah pretty much.
all of my favourite shit is in the republican period.

the Graffiti
the banter
the wars
the Emperors
I love Roma

The 5 Good Emperors for maximum comfy. (96-180 AD)

Caesar's expedition to Britain

Elagabalus getting raped by a donkey.

Macedonian Dynasty

>No, Marius, I'm saving the Republic! Watch this
>*writes half of the city in proscription lists*

Justinian the Cuckold

Flavius Belisarius' wife cucked him a lot too

Do that trick again, Justinian, the one where your head disappears!

Technically there were 6.
Lucius Verus reigned in his own right as co-emperor to Marcus Aurelius, even though it was clear that Aurelius was the senior emperor (similar to the Diocletian way).

>

Crisis of the 3rd century is the Patrician’s choice for political intrigue. It’s like this big experiment in government with a man who was the definition of pragmatism, it’s a crime Diocletian doesn’t have a historical drama based on him yet.

Crisis of the Third Century and onward for Veeky Forums reasons like

Reformation and 30 years war

The life and reign of IMPERATOR CAESAR LVCIVS DOMITIVS AVRELIANVS AVGVSTVS, the second greatest emperor in all of Roman history

Caesars returning to rome after the war at gaul, and death for all the glory and such.
The rise of Octavian/ pax romana, seeing rome at peace and infrastructures being built.

Why didn't Romans celebrate the resurrection of Christ?

For me? It's Maximinus Thrax!

Everything from Caesar to Nero.

You’re a pretty big emperor

kαι συ

If I fucked up your Third Century would you die?

Monarchy>Early republic>Late republic>Mid republic>Empire

End of the republic where everyone went apeshit lol

Tbqh the Late Empire is really the only era of Roman history I'm interested in, everything else seems a bit overrated

Problem is that to understand the late empire you have to have knowledge about the early empire. And to understand early empire you have to understand republic.
I know because im a late Roman guy too.

The late republic is when shit went down. You have the obvious famous people like Caesar but then you also have the absolute madman Clodius

This was after Marius' supporters massacred Sulla's while Sulla was off warring in the east.

The late-Republic period, from Sulla and Marius to the deaths of Antony and Cleopatra. The sheer amount of colourful, memorable figures is staggering for any period of history:
>Marius
>Sulla
>Pompey
>Crassus
>Spartacus
>Caesar
>Cicero
>Cato the Younger
>Clodius
>Bibellus
>Brutus
>Vercingetorix
>Antony
>Cleopatra
>Octavian

Since the Romans didn't have one clear-cut absolute ruler it allowed for more individuals to rise to fame and prominence, and there was always a sense of unpredictability that was completely lacking in the Imperial period (which became very repetitive after a while).

Napoleon Bonaparte was also a cuck

is cuckold truly the thinking mans fetish?

1453 conquest of constantinople

Anyone have a good book I can read about the history of Rome from its inception with all the drama mystery and senatorial backstabbing included?

The Germanicus vs Arminius showdown

this, imagine if we had that level of sources for other interesting points of history to get that level of colour
and the system slowly buckling and cracking under pressure of ambition, wealth concentration and the republic being incredible for conquering an empire but terrible at running it

History of Rome by Mike Duncan, its a podcast but its the whole thing until the west collapses

during pic related's time in the republic

5 good emperors is bullshit tho, they were many other great roman rulers

Anything that has Sulla

The rise and fall of the Pretorain Guard also know as
How I Made You Emperor

The Cold War.

Ancient history is boring as fuck. Come at me nerds.

Nibba that's THE most boring part of history

yes but the string of those 5 emperors is commonly referred to as the 5 good emperors because they were all in succession.
No one is saying that there weren't other good ones, it is just a reference to a specific era of roman history, you fucking pleb

>pillages his king
>kills his king
>murders his brother
>becomes king
>literally ascends to heaven in a thunder cloud

what was his problem?

>What are your favorite parts of Roman History?
Roman-Persian Wars.

should really count the flavians, domitian being bad is a meme. 69-180 is max comfy

the conquest of Constantinople

anything early republic
the virtuous soldier farmers
The Illyrian Emperors

i listen to it every night as i drift to sleep.
amazing accomplishment for duncan.
soft tones, his dry wit, and you can tell he really loves the material.
he tries too hard on Revolutions.
favorite episode? mine's "The Young Julius Caesar Chronicles". also the monarchy coverage is excellent.

Based gang owner Clodius

Holy shit yes. Late Republic period is easily my favorite

quads confirm late republic dream team of historical figures
the best potential entertainment franchise in history and hollywood ignores it.

>mfw reading up on him
Nothing with political craziness is really new, I suppose.

All of it

Late Republic was a real life Game of Thrones.

This

t. leddit

you like spanish gypsies?

Get off Veeky Forums brainlet

No one denies the Flavian dynasty was good, it's just the upset that Titus had so much potential and instead Domintian took power and put a bad taste at the end. He was ruthlessly efficient but (according to the aristocracy recording the events with their own biases and spin) he was a dick.

*blocks your Huns*

The true last Roman, its a shame fashion had degenerated so much by that time

Sulla is unironically the most fascinating Roman for me

Was there even a single roman women that had a relevant role in politics and didn't cause some crisis?

>ifunny

I find espionage and covert geopolitics dreadfully boring myself, but I can understand why someone would love the cold war and not like ancient history, very different flavors

>No Mithradates VI
>No Sertorius
>No Catilina

Educate yourself

Wolf milk is a helluva drug

He fears the Sab*id man