What is the scientific community's current opinion on saturated fat? The last thing I read claimed that it wasn't bad...

What is the scientific community's current opinion on saturated fat? The last thing I read claimed that it wasn't bad. pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/europeans-genes-fat-neanderthals_n_5083408.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292202/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140402100056.htm
examine.com/nutrition/will-eating-eggs-increase-my-cholesterol/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sat fat from natural sources in moderation is probably fine.
Processed foods should be limited, and ideally avoided.

One thing I've learned is fuck what the scientific community says about nutrition.

BALANCE is key. Don't eat too much of any one thing. and above all live an ACTIVE life.
Being active is what has declined in the last 50 years at the same rate obesity and heart disease has increased.

People would rather find non active ways of fixing the problem, like finding dietary things to blame. Really just start doing more cardio and less time sat on your ass.

The worldwide scientific consensus is that saturated fat promotes dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. The consensus is as strong as the consensus on climate change and evolution, and this is reflected by the fact that virtually every expert organization and government on the planet recommends limiting saturated fat intake.

The screenshot you posted is a good example of pseudoscience coupled with irresponsible, low quality journalism (calling an amateur media whore low-carb conman with a history of retraced papers an "expert")

>The consensus is as strong as the consensus on climate change and evolution
You mean there is none?

>saturated fat causes diabetes

"no"

The medical fact is that insulin resistance is what leads to diabetes and insulin resistance is caused by consuming foods with high glycemic loads in short periods of time, on a consistent basis. Fat is actually the least insulin spiking macronutrient, because as we all know protein can still spike insulin levels quite dramatically (see whey). Obviously eating a retarded amount of fat can make you fat and gut fat is a diabetes risk factor but this also does not apply to people trying to eat clean and get strong, lean and healthy.

>saturated fat promotes dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease

When's the last time you saw a lean, strong, natty lifter with dyslipidemia or cardiovascular disease, who didn't have an underlying condition? Overeating and too much processed fats COMBINED with no exercise (the norm for most people) causes these problems. Eating keto and lifting 8+ hours a week plus cardio does not a weak heart or clogged arteries make, therefore eating a regular diet with less fat than keto but higher than the recommended daily intake for normies will also not cause these problems.

Stop giving advice on Veeky Forums targeted at normies. I don't care that "hurr durr but burgers contain saturated fat and if people stop eating burgers they get less beetus because less gut fat and less white bread burger buns" or whatever other bullshit "rules" people tell normies to teach them to eat better without actually making them learn about nutrition. Let people who want to learn actually gain knowledge on the subject rather than feeding everyone mom science.

Tends to increase good and bad cholesterol and is overall associated with a higher risk of CVD. Foods high in it are often also high in cholesterol which amplifies the effect. Doesn't need to be completely avoided but it's a good idea to reduce it.

Unironically, Veeky Forums is a better nutrition guide than what you hear out of the scientific community. Most science reports are carried out upon large population groups of obese fucks who never move and eat shit, since that's our population now. Most medical professionals know literally nothing beyond whatever they saw on buzzfeed last week then try to pass it off as truth because they have a qualification to bandage someone so have to be believed on all aspects of the human body. 1/3 professional nutritionists believe in maximum broscience.

The gained practical experience of the fitness community, though having its own broscience you should avoid, is better than the purely academic knowledge read on by unfit normies.

>dietary cholesterol causes serum cholesterol levels to increase

Sorry buddy, you're living in the 90s. Science is new and improved now.

Yeah go keto + IF, regular sips with a couple days water fasting every month. Drink your gallon of milk every day and don't forget the dozen of eggs.

That's literally how it works yeah. Only because it stops at a certain level doesn't mean it never affects it. Go give vegans eggs and watch their cholesterol skyrocket.

>give a vegetarian a food item which contains saturated fat, a nutrient proven and unanimously accepted by practically every human, educated or otherwise to increase serum cholesterol and watch their serum cholesterol increase because the egg also coincidentally contains cholesterol??

This is exactly the kind of flawed scientific method that caused these misconceptions and required them to be disproven in the first place.

So sat fat increases serum cholesterol but actual dietary mammal cholesterol that's literally the same that flows through your blood doesn't? Are you retarded?

The consensus is that dietary cholesterol is completely unnecessary and potentially harmful. And that it does affect serum cholesterol. This has been known for like 7 decades and has been proven again and again until today.

certain people, especially the white race can digest fat better than others

huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/europeans-genes-fat-neanderthals_n_5083408.html

It's not processed by the body for most people IIRC, it's been a while since I read the studies so I'm not certain of the exceptions. Every study "proving" dietary cholesterol raises serum cholesterol was typically done with foods that are naturally high in fats and/or on people who already struggle with high serum cholesterol. Also, purely anecdotally, I had bloods done after eating 4 eggs a day for a year and my levels were fine, so if you live in a country with free healthcare make your own judgement call. No better way to ensure your cholesterol is low than by getting it checked every couple of years.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292202/

is a great study that says otherwise, to the beat of healthy people.

also, pic related is supported by that science however.

But what I suspect that most of these people have at fault is this Most of the research surrounding dietary cholesterol does not divide properly the whites, I mean, some do, but there may even be variance between the whites to this.

1994 study, shares the same pitfall that I mentioned all the other studies do. Healthy men fed foods containing high natural fat content (eggs). The dietary cholesterol treatment is completely confounded by the saturated fat it contains, which is already proven to increase serum cholesterol, and to this day remains undisputed.

As far as I'm concerned, eating eggs to hit my fat macros is no worse than eating anything else which contains a similar saturated:unsaturated ratio. I imagine genetics probably plays a role here but I'm really not concerned with the health of anyone but myself.

>The study diets consisted of foods prepared with fresh ingredients in accordance with computer-analyzed recipes and menu plans.
>The caloric content of the AHA step 1 diet was 55% carbohydrate, 15% protein, and 30% fat, with 9% saturated fatty acids, 14% monounsaturated fatty acids, and 7% polyunsaturated fatty acids.

Well its probably one of the thing missing from the cholesterol studies. Judging from many factors, like the gut decreasing in size, the many tools and theorizing around them that were found, that we used to hunt more and became so great because of meat cooking. There are many of these tertiary pieces that add up to some form of theorizing of paleo lore.

Many cultures in europe also had chickens who provided them with eggs as a stable source of food. Even as far as the slav nations.

Thus it would suggest to me that there should be vast differences between the races, asians who didnt have that.

Besides that, most settlements also were on rivers and as such fish consumption was always high for us during the many years of our existence.

It would make no sense to say that saturated or other kinds of fats from animal sources are bad for us.

But another underlying factor is the fact that people are now sedentary. Which also increases LDL.

>It would make no sense to say that saturated or other kinds of fats from animal sources are bad for us.
More like the problems never showed before because people were almost never overweight/obese and weren't sedentary. In today's society they are a problem. Processed meat is now known to cause cancer and red meat is very close to that too, in a couple of years when there's more data I think it will also be considered carcinogenic.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140402100056.htm

a strange thing to be living in then, a time when the same people would be coming to this board, and then asking for advise, and we would most likely, like the governments across the globe, have to give legally binding advice that says that these people should avoid these sources of dietary cholesterol because we know, like the governments know, that they are lazy pieces of shits and will never fucking exercise.

Most of them wouldnt even step out of their home once a day to walk for half an hour because they are such human wastes of shit, filth. Degenerate slobs.

God how a giant nuclear war could cure these ailments.

I havent been fat, nor sedentary for 4 years now I think. So a different set of rules applies for me now. But still, I am a heavy minority. Many of the normies who come here may be swayed still by the veganists who say "well etin met is bad :

But 2 eggs had a lower median and variance LDL-C than 1 eggs and in the study, almost the entire sd of the 500mg cholesterol group is contained within the sd of the 180mg cholesterol group. Plus there could be a difference between fats from eggs and fats from other sources which has an effect on cholesterol which isn't measured.

At the end of the day, if you train correctly saturated fats are important for maintaining good hormone levels and building muscle, and are unlikely to greatly increase your risk of sedentary fatass disease. If you have to eat a bit of cholesterol, so be it.

Keep in mind the results section of the study says increases in dietary cholesterol intake are associated with "modest" increases in LDL-C, and also asserts that hypo and hyper responders exist within the population.

>examine.com/nutrition/will-eating-eggs-increase-my-cholesterol/

Now we are getting the global consensus there user. The hypo and hyper responders also are tied to a somewhat more novel piece in all of this that I remember

>normal people who are not hypo, can become so just basically fucking randomly

when something the chemical chain breaks down, and the consensus on that was that they dont know what or why it happens. But these hypo responders probably also are racially linked. The cold climate that we had did not only have our skintone to change, the humans that lived here before, in the ice age especially probably were mostly meat eaters (because not much else was there to eat here in europe at times)

but the vegetarians will like "examine.com??? I know literally nothing about it but it must be evil >:[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[" even if it probably the most linked to research site on the internet.

>The study of human nutrition remains an immature science because it lacks a universally acknowledged unifying paradigm (11). Without an overarching and guiding template, it is not surprising that there is such seeming chaos, disagreement and confusion in the discipline. The renowned Russian geneticist Theodosius Dobzhansky (1900-1975) said, “Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution” (12). Indeed, nothing in nutrition seems to make sense because most nutritionists have little or no formal training in evolutionary theory, much less human evolution. Nutritionists face the same problem as anyone who is not using an evolutionary model to evaluate biology: fragmented information and no coherent way to interpret the data.

also a good quite from one of the books on the protein debate from the pastebin, the vegan fags also completely lack in this area lol. Citing "paleo lore" as a hoax, not realizing that its merely trying to fill in the gap where there is no research from any side.

That site ignores a ton of studies. Also hypo- and hyperresponders are not common and the terms come from a super biased study.

Dunno if it's relevant but I haven't experienced any cholesterol problems even when (arguably over) eating eggs for a very extended period of time and I come from a long line of moderately wealthy slavs with access to farm fresh meat and eggs.

It represents both sides of the argument, if you have something novel that you think is missing, just say it.

Its filter is mostly accurate on everything else though. It destroys 98% of all hype around supplements. Can you imagine such a thing what that would mean for objectivity and neutrality? They are not bought off, thats for sure. Which eliminates a ton of based studies.

Now the only thing remains is if they are still clever enough to go through the rest. They for example still advocate for soda with the chlorinated sugar replacements. But overall their judgement is one of the best on many of these things. So in my opinion they deserve some form of authority recognition.

>(((Scientists)))

>moderately wealthy slavs with access to farm fresh meat and eggs.

You know, you could easily replicate the studies done in the US, LDL meters are cheap enough. And if you have traced your lineage well enough, you could probably turn your family members into guinea pigs.

Well even if you are wealthy, doing a proper study that isolates your genetics well will take quite a toll on your money pouch. But you could potentially find out a new vector for diets, and guidelines that could revolutionize the scientific consensus. You could even add those weird eskimo's who mostly only eat animals and animal fats that you have in your nation, more to the north. God, please add those to the study as well. Also long adaptations they have most likely.

And if you get results, it would probably cause MASSIVE butthurt. It could potentially destroy a huge chunk of the vegetarianism movement, and many of the jew arguments for plant eating.

I'm the guy that ate 4 boiled eggs a day for a year, got bloods done after, and nothing interesting came up. That's about as scientific as I'm willing to get. In slavland being wealthy back in the day meant you had a farm and could grow your own pigs and chickens to slaughter and eat. Anyway, the rise and fall of communism has largely taken that away and my grandparents now only have enough farmland to feed themselves and give away some vegetables to close friends/family. My grandma's sister has some chickens and pigs but nothing really substantial any more. I definitely wouldn't be considered wealthy by today's standards and my home country is a poor shithole now.

You're the autist who dumps that in every other vegan thread despite most of that shit being unrelated or just plain irrelevant?

The thing that you are looking for is numbers my man, sure it may not be "interesting" but it still could be different from with eggs and without eggs. That number still could be different from an asian person who is on and then off eggs. Policies are made up around that number.

>first part shows the deficiencies that vegans have
>unrelated

more like weaseling with lies

But the reason why race can be brought into this would be quite funny

>be at doctor
>he asks you what your lineage is
>"well you are a nigger, that means no meat for you lololol XD"

well less horrible like this but still, this could be something in the future, would go very well against the the jew culture with its egalitarianism. Dietary advise should probably eventually become race based. But I bet some filthy kike is watching this and thinking "oh no, the goym may figure it out, better release a hoax study based exactly on this topic to placate them long enough"

Look at your studies, about half aren't even specifically about vegans and many don't even have any mention of "vegan".

How is veganism different from vegatarianism and the variable of not eating meat? Thats what the links are about. The nutrients from the meat not being present in the leaf eating and thus causing problems. Do veganists have magical leafs that somehow synthesize all the things that meat has?

>vegans are deficient in a dozen things
>studies aren't about vegans

Do you even understand how science works? Also there is nothing you can only get from meat, even B12 isn't made by animals and there are vegan sources. There are no inherent problems of a vegetarian or vegan diet, there are only some concerns that can easily be solved.

apparently not since some of the studies cite that 40% of the plant eating cunts like you have deficiencies in some things. I am getting a little bit tired here, maybe I should just start reporting you guys. Status quo may gradually shift towards banning your crazy asses.

40% is very low to be honest, it's way higher in most other populations. So 60% are not deficient and have other benefits? Sounds good. Also that is not an argument and I even answered that in my previous post. You actually are too retarded to understand how science and argumentation works. No wonder you only dump that load of shit and never reply afterwards.

>40% is very low to be honest,
>compared to the normal population

whew, you guys and your stupid fucking twisting of basic facts and science, it infuriates not only me but most people on this board. If you guys keep this up we will probably become scientists ourselves, or dietologists just to fuck with you dumb cunts with the law protecting us, so that we can sue you for money and kill you in the most civilized accepted way possible.

because by god I want to.

There are no benefits to a vegan diet. I can eat the same thing as you but have a chicken breast or whey shake and reap all your "benefits". Your diet doesnt add anything, it just takes away.

So you finally arrived at the bottom 2 lines. Ahah.

And you will never be able to conduct any experiment yourself. Maybe you can participate in some drug testing or autism screening.

> I can eat the same thing as you but have a chicken breast or whey shake and reap all your "benefits".
Please do.

the anti vegan stuff at this point is legally binding more or less. If one were to pursue this venue. There are many frauds and liars on this planet, even more people who wish to do harm to other people, for profit or other motivation.

You guys definitely would fall into these groups. You deserve nothing less than complete removal of yourselves from the public sphere of discourse. Nobody deserves to suffer under your imaginary and ill informed philosophies for life.

But I do. I just described my diet to you. Mostly animal protein, mostly fat from nuts and little bit of butter in my pasta.

>the anti vegan stuff at this point is legally binding more or less.
Wat. There's not a single lew against anything vegan related. Even those "scandals" about a few kids dying because the parents made them eat shit didn't lead to anything. You're just shitposting.

Vegan and vegetarian diets are not recommended by any grande institution that is responsible for anything public health related. I dont think that doctors are even allowed to advocate for it legally speaking. It is on par with the homeopathy movement more or less.

Giving advise to a person on a diet would probably net you into legal trouble if you pursue this insane dribble.

Srsly. One could say the same thing for keto but those guys are not as obnoxious and spamming as you guys are. With you we probably have arrived at the moral, and somewhat legal framework for total banning. If the mods decide to. You are a plague upon this board and you deserve nothing more than unlimited bans handed over to all of your kin.

>not as spamming
>from the guy dumping copypasta in vegan thread
How ironic. And it's legal to recommend those diets. The guidelines also say you should reduce saturated fat and cholesterol which are almost entirely animal products, especially red meat and dairy. Are you this mad because you're insecure?

its also legal to recommend people to homeopathy, but what you guys have is actually detrimental to the health of an average person who engages in it. There is enough evidence on the slate to probably even pursue you guys in court and make it completely illegal, if it isnt so already with generic doctoral advise.

Its not just on this board, I believe that the whole of society should remove you guys from public discourse, like the genetic freaks and insane lunatics that you are.

and it pisses me fucking off, I could be doing better things in my life than trying to remove your vile presence from what is holy and good. Even if a new consensus is formed here and you guys are removed, I do not like dealing with genetic defunct such as you.

>its also legal to recommend people to homeopathy, but what you guys have is actually detrimental to the health of an average person who engages in it.

Literally every comparison between the normal diet and the vegetarian/vegan diets heavily favored the latter.

But nice try retard.

>""""Normal"""" diet.
FOR FUCKS SAKE STOP GIVING ADVICE FOR FAT SEDENTARY AMERICAN NORMIES ON A FITNESS BOARD.

Why dont you fucking kill yourself you leaf eating piece of shit, at least plants are not strong enough to run away from your retarded insanity. You make good company with as you are the same passive mongoloid shitstain that they are.

You said average person buddy.

I'm not the person you're arguing with, you're both fucking fanatics.

Well I can't know that. I'm actually having a lot of fun getting that autist mad. And I'm not even vegetarian, I ate pork just yesterday.

You don't know what you're talking about you're simplifying things way too much