Alcohol

Does anybody here drink 8+ drinks 3+ nights per week? Is it possible to maintain a strong and lean physique drinking in this sort of volume? General alcohol thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FEmxJoBLKws
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>General alcohol thread.
You mean general ALCOHOLIC thread

alcoholics drink way more than that, also the defining trait of addiction is that it's progressive. the problem is when this dude goes from 8 drinks to 10 drinks, then 12, or drinks 4 nights a week then 5, etc.

i dont know, is it possible? why dont you try first

This is more of a general curiosity question. I typically drink 2 drinks once or twice per week. I'm not promoting or trying to validate a hardcore drinking lifestyle. I want to know how much this community drinks and how adversely it affects their training.

A defining trait of alcoholism is not wanting to reduce the amount of consumption, or holding it as a priority.

let me guess, you're in AA?

No

No. Drink less, you're killing yourself and your gains user.
t. alcoholism in the family

it will be very painful

>drinking 3 times a week
youtube.com/watch?v=FEmxJoBLKws

It was a question retard

From what I've seen it is possible, but you don't want to fall into the alcohol trap. It's a dark place to be and eventually it starts to affect your daily lifestyle. Plus other people can see you're an alcohol and it begins to affect how they treat you, subconscious or not. Not to mention all the money you spend, the DUIs, the women you start to date and all the other issues that start piling up. Just stick to the weekends and avoid driving while drunk like the plage, you'll be fine

no. a defining trait of alcoholism is imbibing to the point of harm and being unable to stop.

Plenty of people lament drinking as much as they do from time to time and adjust just fine. it doesn't automatically define them as alocholics.

So user why do you feel the need to drink heavily 3+ nights a week?

Damn nigga, you's a retard if you drink that much every week lmao

>I'm not alcoholic guise I swear
You may as well be lol.

24 drinks/week is a lot. You really do not need to be, and should not be, drinking that much.

Take a month off of booze and see how you feel. You don't have to quit totally but make sure you're drinking because you're enjoying the flavor and a little buzz and not chasing the dragon.

Alcohol in itself isn't the anti-gain or anti-fit it's made out to be. It's bad for sure and if you drink sugary shit like coolers or margaritas kys but for me at least, it's the loss of energy. You start to lean on the crutch so hard and it totally saps your energy the next day (yes, even if your an experienced drunk) making it inevitable that your gains and bod will suffer

This

If you're drinking that much or more, there is either a problem or multiple problems you aren't addressing, or you're suffering from some kind of emotional trama you don't want to deal with. Even people who party multiple times a week eventually feel burned out and want to take a breather, or at least don't feel the need to drink constantly.

Did you just compare opiate abuse to alcoholism lmao

After 3 drinks alcohol starts to inhibit protein synthesis by at least 25% that's one out of every four gym sessions wasted. That's if you drink one time while you're recovering. If you drink multiple times a week and have a ridiculous amount of drinks you are absolutely destroying your gains

I read that buzzfeed article too

I usually go through a bottle of wine in 2-3 days. A glass of bourbon on the weekends.

I'm in uni so typically drink 8+ drinks on friday and saturday, and maybe one week day. I think the biggest thing is I feel like trash for monday's workout, and good fucking luck cutting when you down 1500 cals in drinks several times a week.

I drink on average 5 shots of whiskey a night. Most weekends i don't go out but when i do i'll easily have 10+ drinks. I almost always blackout in social settings where alcohol is involved. I don't see it as something "necessary" for the social enjoyment, but more as i'm excited and charged by the atmosphere that it makes me drink more than i normally would if i was alone. I'm fully aware that I have a "problem" with alcohol in the sense that i got an MIP when i was 19 and a DWI at 23, but now I'm 26 and feel like i have more of a grasp on controlling it. I can do 1/2/3/4 for 3x5 at 5'9 175 lbs. I know my lifting would improve if i stopped drinking but it's something i do because i enjoy it despite the negative consequences.

Borrowed the term. Opiates and alcohol are definitely not the same animal and I didn't mean to imply that.

I drink about 2 beers a day but I drink 4 lokos or mikes harder. Some nights I drink half a bottle of liquor but the $10 kind. Ive been leaning out but some days I wale up bloated if I drink and eat late. Some days I wake up super hung over some days I won't. I usually take a week or longer off after a bad night of over drinking.
You can do it, just be smart. Liquor won't make you to bloated and its lower calories. Beer is what give you the beer gut.

This kills the liver

This guy gets it. I almost black out as well. The only thing I hate is i always think I hit on people when I black out. But from what I can tell I don't.

I used to. Not anymore though

>Long Island

try not drinking like a woman next time

Associating a type of drink or alcohol content with masculinity... Spoken like a true fuck up. How's your estranged family m8?

>try not drinking like a woman next time

Need to work on chest/core. Everything else is smexi

Are you stupid? If you drink 3 times a week you are an alcoholic. If you drink ONCE a week you are an alcoholic. It's not normal.

Kill your self Amerifat.

Better than lite beer desu senpai

Not American, and there's zero logic in your argument of pretending that I am for some reason a burger just because I said the truth.
If you drink once a week, you are an alcoholic. A normal amount of drinking would be about once a month.

my booze reps are pretty light

2-3xdrink 6-7x/week
up to 6x drink 1-2x/week

beer is a gains goblin so i'm doing quality liquor+seltzer

been working on a handle of tito's for ~3 weeks now

I live in Europe and drink every day of the week faggot

At uni yes. As well as every single gym bro that goes to college. Anybody who can't handle drinking and working out is a pussy

So? Again, where the fuck are you getting the idea that your location has anything to do with this? IF YOU DRINK EVERY WEEK, YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC. PERIOD.
It doesn't fucking matter where you are from. I am also European, has nothing to do with this. You simply are an alcoholic you fucking moron.

>Plus other people can see you're an alcohol

No, location matters because of the culture you're learning these values from. You sound either religious fundamentalist or some sort of Muslim. Alcoholism is dictated by the reason for which you drink. I'll stop replying to this b8. Good luck

>tfw almost 6 months sober
It feels great, anons. You can all change your lives around

If you eat and drink clean else, you must have pretty much no worries about it. If you also eat fast food and drink cola, no, forget it, skinny fat at best if you have a very good metabolism.

Dude you are fucking retarded and probably not much fun at parties. Dependency on a substance does not equal using it everyday. There are literally tens of millions of people all around the world that drink too much but arent alcoholics. I happen to live in a city where social life happens to revolve around our many historic bars, literally everyone I know drinks almost every single day. It's not good for them but they absolutely are not alcoholics, Learn what words mean.

Hi summer

I drink once a week, three or four 7% beers and a shot or two
I was drinking alcoholic amounts two years ago with a gf, going out 4-5 nights a week and drinking 6-8 beers and 6-10 shots a night
We knew the bartenders so they would charge us for maybe half of it and then we'd tip big
I realized it wasn't sustainable and had no problem cutting back

I used to down half a liter of vodka nightly in high school, played soccer and swim fine.

>dad has been in denial that he's a high-functioning alcoholic
>admits to my mom and I that he has a problem
feels good

My drinking is nowhere nearly what it used to be, but when you're on your early 30's , it affects your gainz way harder than what you think.

I drink once every couple of months and I don't want to reduce it. Checkmate buddy.

Get just as drunk with half the drinks: empty stomach, shots all at once, don't snack that night

>see you're an alcohol

you aren't referring to the clinical diagnosis of addiction when you use the term "alcoholic" then. you sound like some neurotic mother who had an abusive drinking father who has an extreme phobia of alcohol use.

is english not your first language? the word alcoholic doesn't mean "someone who drinks regularly," it refers to someone who is an addict who happens to abuse alcohol as their substance of choice.

thats worse for your liver but go for it

Older bro user here. I'm early 30s. I identify as an alcoholic and attend meetings. Alcoholism is a tricky beast, and I personally don't think a specific amount of drinking defines somebody as an alcoholic or not. I think it's the thoughts, feelings and behaviors around drinking that dictate wether or not somebody is an alcoholic. Another way to tell is consequences experienced because of drinking.

I can tell you this though, non-alcoholics don't wonder if they're an alcoholic. It's never a thought for them. Only an alcoholic mind would sit around justifying their behaviors as non-alcoholic. Selfish plans and justifications are part of it.

Alcohol is literally the blue pill. Poison for your body, mind, and spirit. If you can drink in extreme moderation you will probably be fine but if it becomes regular your not gonna make it.

What is this app/website

>I can tell you this though, non-alcoholics don't wonder if they're an alcoholic. It's never a thought for them. Only an alcoholic mind would sit around justifying their behaviors as non-alcoholic. Selfish plans and justifications are part of it.
I wish people would apply this logic to every aspect of their lives

Yes OP, I used to do that. It got worse, nearly killed me, now I've been sober for almost 9 months. To answer your question, no, no you can't. Oh for a short while, sure, but it catches up to you. Stop while you can. If you still can.

James Bond is a fictional character, people drinking that much don't look like him.

aww user you named a gif after me :')